The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bring the ear plugs

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Bring the ear plugs Empty
PostSubject: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:58 pm

We've got a tw@t with a drum tomorrow with the choir!

Chris Webb has confirmed on twitter there will be a drummer making his debut tomorrow.

Somebody shove his feckin drumstick up his arse please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:00 pm

I can accept that you may not like the drum, but to be fair Charlie the drummer hasnt done anything to be called a tw*t
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:02 pm

He's banging a drum which makes it a tw@ttish enough reason to be called a tw@t.

lol!

Hope he's a brave lad, he's gonna upset a lot of people tomorrow banging away like a fool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:06 pm

I dont know what to think of drums at football, when played effectively i think they're pretty good. However when played poorly they're awful and just ruin any atmosphere.

Take a watch of this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Yea Man wrote:
He's banging a drum which makes it a tw@ttish enough reason to be called a tw@t.

lol!

Hope he's a brave lad, he's gonna upset a lot of people tomorrow banging away like a fool.

To be fair, he'll probably be fine. If a drummer can be tolerated by block 16/17, then I'm sure the jester-hatted Salsa Verde masses in the Dem'port won't kick off.

That said, if the tw@t tried banging it anywhere near me, he'd be wearing it. flower

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:19 pm

If an older ST holder in the Devonport (which I'm not) is already unhappy with a singing group being pushed on them (without consultation), how are they going to feel about a drum? Surely people would be within their rights to complain. The Forza Verde thing should have always been positioned in the vacant Block 16.

I spoke to a bloke who sits in the DE last night and he's already pissed off with the flag (again flag doesn't bother me as I sit in the Lyndy)- he's someone who doesn't use the internet and feels his views are now being ignored by the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Bloody hell. There'll be people complaining next about people shouting at matches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:23 pm

I assume this drummer will be situated in the Devonport End?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:24 pm

~ "You can shove your f-cking drum, you can shove your f-cking drum, right up your arse (Sideways! Sideways!)" ~

How long before we hear that?

10 minutes I reckon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:24 pm

5 if he's sat near me and 6 before that actually happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:27 pm

knecht wrote:
Bloody hell. There'll be people complaining next about people shouting at matches.

Well actually no because shouting is the normal thing at football.

Banging a drum is not.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Yea Man wrote:
knecht wrote:

Well actually no because shouting is the normal thing at football.

Banging a drum is not.

"Normal"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:30 pm

I actually like drumming in all sorts of situations, including football matches. But the drummer(s) has to be good at it. The Toruay guy seemed to know a few half beats.
As others have already said, this should be happening up the other end, not in the Devonport. I smell a bit of social engineering, which nearly always has unforseen and unwanted effects.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:38 pm

I've just forked out £218 for the remaining 10 home games in block 7.

The last thing I want is some c--t banging a bloody drum in no particular constant rhythm for 90 minutes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:39 pm

I think its a great idea . I'd like the Devonport End to return to the magical mayhem and madness of the sixties . Get rid of the seats as soon as legislation allows . No more sterility of modern football stadiums .

greengenes aged 58 and 3/4,.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:41 pm

You coming tomorrow mate?

To the FM I mean?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:41 pm

One person seems pleased - my son Joe!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:43 pm

greengenes wrote:
I think its a great idea . I'd like the Devonport End to return to the magical mayhem and madness of the sixties . Get rid of the seats as soon as legislation allows . No more sterility of modern football stadiums .

Completely agree with this GG.

Safe standing must be introuduced in England.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:43 pm

greengenes wrote:

I agree but we didn't have drums then, we had those clacker thingies, far better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm

If we're relegated can we go back to standing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:47 pm

GOB wrote:
If we're relegated can we go back to standing?

Not in queues to get in no .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:12 pm

greengenes wrote:
I think its a great idea . I'd like the Devonport End to return to the magical mayhem and madness of the sixties .

You're the owner for an hour. Tell me what you plan to do with all those people who grew up in the old Demport and then, as they got older, noticed the singing area had gone to the Zoo, so, when the new stands went up, bought season tickets in the Demport and have occupied the same spaces for some ten years now?

Chemical Ali wrote:
If an older ST holder in the Devonport (which I'm not) is already unhappy with a singing group being pushed on them (without consultation), how are they going to feel about a drum? Surely people would be within their rights to complain. The Forza Verde thing should have always been positioned in the vacant Block 16.

I spoke to a bloke who sits in the DE last night and he's already pissed off with the flag (again flag doesn't bother me as I sit in the Lyndy)- he's someone who doesn't use the internet and feels his views are now being ignored by the club.

There's a lot of us, Chemical. Simply instructing the Salsa Verde massive to sit in their allocated seats isn't really enough, either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:21 pm

This flag, gets unfurled and goes nowhere for 5 to 10 minutes. Bit crap really, especially if you are 'trapped' under it.

Not nearly as impressive as this:

Stansfield
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:30 pm

I wonder if the drum, drumsticks, leaflets, jester hats and the big flag will be auctioned off once forza crapa dies its predictable death?

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:56 pm

There's loads of places to move to . I'm all for encouraging the young . Sorry but thats how I see it . Cue abuse .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs Empty

Back to top Go down

Bring the ear plugs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next