The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, what will actually bring us fans together

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

So, what will actually bring us fans together Empty
PostSubject: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:53 pm

honest question mainly aimed at the admin here but not closed to others...

How can better relations be achieved i your eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Phenom wrote:

How can better relations be achieved i your eyes.

My own opinion is it isn't just ATD of course. there re many accross the road that don't like the control and methodology.

One way around some of the online problems is time. let it take it's course.

Another is for the club to give us the community club promised that we can all admire, that would take the pressure off, and you wouldn't hear a peep of complaint from me then.

Another is for a simple soul to be bigger than he is at present. That would be reciprocated by quite a few.

And here's a strange one. One could hope the main protagonist gets a job with the club and feels secure enough to dump the website that he has used for so long. That would change the them and us culture quite quickly, not totally, but enough to sort it out. As with all these things, there's often a personality or two getting in the way. The only trouble with that scenario is it might just move the problem inside the club. But then, perhaps that's where it should be fought out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:31 pm

cheers

this thread is on pasoti too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Phenom wrote:

How can better relations be achieved in your eyes.

I don't know mate.

I honestly thought that Chris had come over today with a mandate from Pasoti to seek better relations. The only mod that has commented over there is Daz, and he doesn't seem too interested. When I started a similar thread during the pseudonym debacle no one from Pasoti took up my offer of trying to improve things, so I wonder if anyone over there actually wants to sort things out.

I think Peggy mentioned earlier that there has to be a period where a few people hold their hands up and apologise and admit that at times they have been in the wrong. People will have to agree to disagree and try and respect each others views.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:55 pm

The only person on here that I am aware of from any other site is greenjock and he is a stroppy bastard anyway.........

I don't know what has gone on previously and I don't want to if honest. I came on here because I am not kean on the PASOTI backslapping agreement of everything said by some. I do not like the constant referring to history and what seems just to be a war of words between two sites who are supposed to have the same aim. That is to give everyone who has an opinion a chance to air it without being kicked. From what I've read on both sites regarding the "peace offerring" is that a lot of both sides have either no idea of the history or cannot see why both sites cannot co-exist without the war being conducted. I am somewhat shocked at the reversal of the President with comments made on the two sites. He should seriously look at his title and reflect on what it means. Seems to me though that there are some on both sides that are not prepared to meet anywhere near in the middle so to be frank, frank, I think you are wishing in the wind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I think Peggy mentioned earlier that there has to be a period where a few people hold their hands up and apologise and admit that at times they have been in the wrong. People will have to agree to disagree and try and respect each others views.

Speaking solely for myself, it's personal. I've been bullied, insulted and had my integrity questioned very publicly, with one person acting as ringleader and others joining in. In return, I've bitten and stood up for myself, which has probably just confirmed what some people thought of (or have been told about) me in the first place.

Obviously I can't prove all this, since it was all deleted very quickly, but I know what happened and I know others remember some of it.

I'd be more than happy to lay it all to rest, and to forget certain people altogether, but in the absence of any acknowledgement that I was treated badly, not to mention a couple of apologies, that's very difficult.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:35 pm

I think Pasoti have beaten us tonight.

Which thread is more unpleasant?

ATD - "This has to end"

or

Pasoti "Chris Webb asks for a truce"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Truth and reconcilliation is where it's at.... and that is clearly not on the table.... all humans know deep down what it takes to make an accomodation for the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:41 pm

There are people in positions that have abused their position and used it for means that I personally find disgusting. Until these people relinquish their positions I'll remain contently on ATD with the users that I like and where views differ but respect remains.

ATD will not be changing and if that cannot be accepted, so be it!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:46 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
The only person on here that I am aware of from any other site is greenjock and he is a stroppy bastard anyway.........

I don't know what has gone on previously and I don't want to if honest. I came on here because I am not kean on the PASOTI backslapping agreement of everything said by some. I do not like the constant referring to history and what seems just to be a war of words between two sites who are supposed to have the same aim. That is to give everyone who has an opinion a chance to air it without being kicked. From what I've read on both sites regarding the "peace offerring" is that a lot of both sides have either no idea of the history or cannot see why both sites cannot co-exist without the war being conducted. I am somewhat shocked at the reversal of the President with comments made on the two sites. He should seriously look at his title and reflect on what it means. Seems to me though that there are some on both sides that are not prepared to meet anywhere near in the middle so to be frank, frank, I think you are wishing in the wind.

Cheers sensible, love you too I love you I know I'm a stroppy bastard when I think there has been an injustice, and I am proud of the fact that I stick to my principles
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I think Pasoti have beaten us tonight.

Which thread is more unpleasant?

ATD - "This has to end"

or

Pasoti "Chris Webb asks for a truce"

Do you really think so Frank ?
Why ?
I don't get your logic apart from it has filled our site with negativety I suppose, but only for one night, I'm sure we'll cope and spring up tomorrow like blades of grass.
It sounds like Chris Webb won't be back, Ian Newell doesn't post under his real name, so all in all, maybe we have just about
got rid of them and their desire to dirty our threads and discussions. We'll be far better off without their input.
The new Trust people and many Pasoti people sem to be happy with this website's input into the mix at this crucial time for the club.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Perhaps I'm being overly simplistic here, but the only thing that gets all fans together is a winning football team.

Remember the two promotions? The club and the fans were as one, there was none of this nonsense.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:50 pm

I feel a pasoti woosh coming on lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:55 pm

One other thing ... I'm with Funny Man in feeling that a lot of this recent upsurge was brought about by whoever yesterday's Guest was.

If we can't have the name, can we at least know whether this person's still posting on here and if so, whether s/he has committed not to impersonating anybody again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Peggy wrote:
One other thing ... I'm with Funny Man in feeling that a lot of this recent upsurge was brought about by whoever yesterday's Guest was.

If we can't have the name, can we at least know whether this person's still posting on here and if so, whether s/he has committed not to impersonating anybody again?

I agree . Is the person a poster on here ? Does anyone know who it is . Is some form of censorship stopping that info being made known . I think I recall PP saying to the poster something along the lines of "we've spoken before about multiple accounts " .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Peggy, two multi accounts have been deleted, Porkie and Big Boss man., this site doesn't allow them. I have now deleted a third multi. The fourth multi account remains live and is being used, as deleting that would be a banning and we don't do that.
We promise to keep the details of posters secure, and unlike other websites we try and keep to that. If the poster themself wants to reveal their other username, that's up to them. If it were me, I would, what is there to hide ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:08 pm

PP said this to the poster .....

I understand the sentiments, but you can't go on inventing multi accounts, that's what the object of your ire does. Points can be made on the single accounts we all have on this site.
Can you please let us know today what user account you would prefer to use. We all talked about multi accounts the other day when the last account was used.
You will always of course have the use of one account on here... we're not Pasoti.

I take it from that PP knows who it is . PP care to name them or is this censored information ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:09 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Peggy, two multi accounts have been deleted, Porkie and Big Boss man., this site doesn't allow them. I have now deleted a third multi. The fourth multi account remains live and is being used, as deleting that would be a banning and we don't do that.
We promise to keep the details of posters secure, and unlike other websites we try and keep to that. If the poster themself wants to reveal their other username, that's up to them. If it were me, I would, what is there to hide ?

Just give the user name thats all .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:12 pm

I would be happy to meet Newell again if I thought it would help, but all that happened the last time was him answering calls all night to see if he was OK! lol!

I would also meet Webb if I thought it would help, how about it Chris?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:12 pm

penzancepirate wrote:

Thanks PP, and I'm happy to go along with the principles here.

So, to the person who did this, are you prepared to apologise? After all, thanks to you, Penzance got vile abuse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Of course I know the 4th username, I think that is abundantly clear....please see above.
You know who the poster is GG, so you carry on and tell everyone, I won't be stopping you.
cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:15 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Of course I know the 4th username, I think that is abundantly clear....please see above.
You know who the poster is GG, so you carry on and tell everyone, I won't be stopping you.
cat

No - don't, GG. Whoever it is should have the balls to step up and apologise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:24 pm

Peggy wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

Thanks PP, and I'm happy to go along with the principles here.

So, to the person who did this, are you prepared to apologise? After all, thanks to you, Penzance got vile abuse.

I had an exchange of pms with Frank earlier - without Frank naming the person concerned. Like you, Peggy, I was happy to go along with the principle of not naming. I respect the stance. As for banning .... not so sure .... if s/he has been warned then f**k him/her if s/he does it again. Better still, then s/he should be exposed. Oh, I dunno.......

The person in question certainly hasn't created all this aggro - it was there long before - but the loss of trust in what or who anyone says or really is on here is what is really damaging.

By the way, my real identity is Ian Newell. I also post as penzancepirate (and you thought it was the original one all along). I thought I better confess. Come on Pete, you better say who you really are.

edited to add: Hey! I wrote f**k and it turned out f**k! Is ATD going soft or something? Nah... you're probably right.

Last edited by funny man on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:24 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
cat

Double standards PP - you are protecting a shit stirrer .

I didn't say I know who the poster is I said I could guess who it was ( something like that ).
ATD does do censorship then . A poster with multiple accounts who has started a load of nonsense is being protected . You won't ban them just name them - as member of ATD I'd like to know and several other members would too . or to quote a prominant member of ATD - are all posters equal but some posters more equal than others ?
Someone pretended to be Ian Newell to stir up shit - they succeeded I consider that an offence against this forum .
Back to top Go down

I love you just the way you are greenjock..........

The object of the exercise should not be getting rid of posters and it should definately not be getting rid of somebody with the title President. He on the other hand should not as President be turning his back on a section of the support. I say support losely as some posters on here are a tad non-positive about Argyle and it would probably choak them to say something nice. The same applies however to most fan sites. I'm sorry but you just simply cannot be the President if you do not include all of the family, however distant, in your radar. PASOTI are neither the owners nor the sole voice of Plymouth Argyle or it's fans. To only include that site as something to post information on is downright wrong.

A question I would ask James Brent. Is he aware of the attitude of somebody he has promoted into office at Home Park and if he is shown details of the various websites does he get shown threads like this one or rather Chris Webb's thread and comments on PASOTI on the same subject? If you have Mr Brent then you should seriously consider the appointment or offer some guidance regarding PR to all your customers. If you have not been shown them, and I would be shocked if he had, then you should be and I suggest you spend a little time browsing on your own to get a true reflection of what goes on and not spin or selective information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, what will actually bring us fans together   So, what will actually bring us fans together Empty

Back to top Go down

So, what will actually bring us fans together
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next