Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bring back mahoosive...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Bring back mahoosive... Empty
PostSubject: Bring back mahoosive...   Bring back mahoosive... EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:26 pm

Floodlights. When i was a kid, it was the huge floodlight stands that were the iconic parts of any ground I visited or glimpsed from a speeding train. The stadium could have been non league tat or Division 1 champs but it was these tall beacons of hopes and dreams that sent shivers down the spine for me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring back mahoosive...   Bring back mahoosive... EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:43 pm

anyone been to thailand lately??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring back mahoosive...   Bring back mahoosive... EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:05 pm

Gert Loinz wrote:
Floodlights. When i was a kid, it was the huge floodlight stands that were the iconic parts of any ground I visited or glimpsed from a speeding train. The stadium could have been non league tat or Division 1 champs but it was these tall beacons of hopes and dreams that sent shivers down the spine for me.

Ye I agree, it always made away matches more exciting when you spotted the lights miles from the ground.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bring back mahoosive...   Bring back mahoosive... EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Gert Loinz wrote:

Agree with that.I remember that going through the Midlands motorway system on the way to some god forsaken shit hole to watch Argyle lose,you could see West Brom's,Walsall's and Aston Villa's floodlights from the coach-twas quite an excitement to see them,even though you weren't actually going to those grounds.Used to love stepping inside those vast old cavernous grounds with the huge kops and stands and hostile,raw,sometimes ear splitting atmospheres,must have been the equivalent of a religious person stepping into a cathedral.Happy days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring back mahoosive...   Bring back mahoosive... EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:14 pm

I wonder what club had the tallest floodlights?
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Bring back mahoosive...   Bring back mahoosive... EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 1:48 am

Oops - wrong thread.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bring back mahoosive...   Bring back mahoosive... EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:55 am

Pompey must be one of the few grounds to still have floodlights in each corner

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Bring back mahoosive...   Bring back mahoosive... EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:52 am

notts still have 4 too. but check out the lights at trent bridge, classy round affairs that look like big ali lollypops
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Bring back mahoosive...   Bring back mahoosive... EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:22 am

Millmoor has them and the my are ridiculously high
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring back mahoosive...   Bring back mahoosive... EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 1:28 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
notts still have 4 too. but check out the lights at trent bridge, classy round affairs that look like big ali lollypops

They also have a great system for thawing out their pitch if it's icy. They've got loads of growing lights confiscated by the plod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring back mahoosive...   Bring back mahoosive... Empty

Back to top Go down

Bring back mahoosive...
Page 1 of 1