Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Private Eye next?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Posts : 5804
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:05 pm

One of those executed looks like brent.


Last edited by Elias on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Posts : 5804
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:06 pm

One if those executed looks like brent.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Posts : 3235
Join date : 2014-09-25

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:27 pm

One or two !!!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Posts : 5189
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 100
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:28 pm

You can blame religion if you like, but I just see a handful of usually poor, disaffected little twats who have been brainwashed by someone worse. I don't see much evidence of religion there. Just twats.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Posts : 5189
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 100
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:28 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
One or two !!!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Hitch



Posts : 588
Join date : 2013-09-18

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:45 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
You can blame religion if you like, but I just see a handful of usually poor, disaffected little twats who have been brainwashed by someone worse. I don't see much evidence of religion there. Just twats.

Mock, it's ALL about religion and always has been - it poisons everything. The problem is that these twats, like the rest of us, are half a chromosome away from a chimpanzee - with a pre-frontal lobe that is too small and an adrenaline gland that is too big. The human race will survive only if it rids itself of ancient ancestral myth and gets itself a proper education.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Posts : 5189
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 100
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:03 pm

Hitch wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
You can blame religion if you like, but I just see a handful of usually poor, disaffected little twats who have been brainwashed by someone worse. I don't see much evidence of religion there. Just twats.

Mock, it's ALL about religion and always has been - it poisons everything. The problem is that these twats, like the rest of us, are half a chromosome away from a chimpanzee - with a pre-frontal lobe that is too small and an adrenaline gland that is too big. The human race will survive only if it rids itself of ancient ancestral myth and gets itself a proper education.
Yep Hitch, I don't think we're too far away to be honest...I do think it's all about the last two words mostly though.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Guest
Guest



Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:12 pm

Hitch wrote:
Here you go Iggy, your man Rushdie on today's atrocities -

"Religion, a mediaeval form of unreason, when combined with modern weaponry becomes a real threat to our freedoms. This religious totalitarianism has caused a deadly mutation in the heart of Islam and we see the tragic consequences in Paris today. I stand with Charlie Hebdo, as we all must, to defend the art of satire, which has always been a force for liberty and against tyranny, dishonesty and stupidity. ‘Respect for religion’ has become a code phrase meaning ‘fear of religion.’ Religions, like all other ideas, deserve criticism, satire, and, yes, our fearless disrespect."

Spot on and who would argue with that. Don't get me wrong I'm not pro any terrorist act I take exception to the language the media use and said it was unhelpful, I also pointed out that there is no actual place to go to war on these people they are disparate groups hidden away amoungst millions of innocent people, we have killed thousands of innocents in Pakistan in double tap drone strikes can you imagine us bombing streets in Belfast to take out an IRA leader if it killed 35 women and children in the process. We have been helping the yanks to tip the balance of world power in their favour for years now hidden behind the war on terror also. If you want to stop attacks like this it will take diplomacy not retaliation.
I also hope the police get these nutters and bang them up for a long time, I'm not protecting them.
Back to top Go down
Hitch



Posts : 588
Join date : 2013-09-18

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:20 pm

Iggy wrote:
Hitch wrote:
Here you go Iggy, your man Rushdie on today's atrocities -

"Religion, a mediaeval form of unreason, when combined with modern weaponry becomes a real threat to our freedoms. This religious totalitarianism has caused a deadly mutation in the heart of Islam and we see the tragic consequences in Paris today. I stand with Charlie Hebdo, as we all must, to defend the art of satire, which has always been a force for liberty and against tyranny, dishonesty and stupidity. ‘Respect for religion’ has become a code phrase meaning ‘fear of religion.’ Religions, like all other ideas, deserve criticism, satire, and, yes, our fearless disrespect."

Spot on and who would argue with that. Don't get me wrong I'm not pro any terrorist act I take exception to the language the media use and said it was unhelpful, I also pointed out that there is no actual place to go to war on these people they are disparate groups hidden away amoungst millions of innocent people,  we have killed thousands of innocents in Pakistan in double tap drone strikes can you imagine us bombing streets in Belfast to take out an IRA leader if it killed 35 women and children in the process. We have been helping the yanks to tip the balance of world power in their favour for years now hidden behind the war on terror also. If you want to stop attacks like this it will take diplomacy not retaliation.
I also hope the police get these nutters and bang them up for a long time, I'm not protecting them.

These fanatics don't what a political dialogue they want to kill you and me and our children and they won't stop until one side is completely wiped out or converts to this mutated fundamental Islam under Sharia. And they don't care how long it takes - centuries even.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:21 pm

But where are you going to invade to stop it? What's your methods or solution?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6554
Join date : 2014-03-30

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:35 pm

Iggy wrote:
But where are you going to invade to stop it? What's your methods or solution?

A good starting point would be if supposedly decent peace loving muslims turned their backs on these fanatics making it harder for them to hide away, plan and carry out their atrocities.

P.S. I agree the actions of Western governments bombing in a haphazard fashion and killing many innocent civilians in the process only serves to fuel the flames.
Back to top Go down
Hitch



Posts : 588
Join date : 2013-09-18

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Iggy wrote:
But where are you going to invade to stop it? What's your methods or solution?

It's a global threat that requires a global solution the US can't do it alone it needs the other big global players fully onboard. There has to be complete cooperation from ALL the Arab muslim countries as well and that's going to be virtually impossible to achieve. In this country as in all others there has to be greater and more rigorous independent monitoring of schools and mosques. Hate preachers rounded up and locked-up. Islamic State MUST fail. The Palestine question needs resolving geographically - but you know what it can't be because the parties of God are involved. Oh and while were at it the complete and total emancipation and empowerment of women everywhere, unchained from a farmyard reproductive cycle - the only cure for global poverty.

Fecking religion poison's everything. If mankind does manage to survive for the next few thousand years it will because all religion has been consigned to the rubbish bin of ancient mythology and science is taught in all schools in all countries.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury



Posts : 923
Join date : 2013-08-23

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:53 pm

Hitch wrote:

These fanatics don't what a political dialogue they want to kill you and me and our children and they won't stop until one side is completely wiped out or converts to this mutated fundamental Islam under Sharia. And they don't care how long it takes - centuries even.

Agreed Hitch. Unfortunately all Western leaders (European & USA) seem to be nothing but appeasers for this, far too frightened to deal effectively with the fanatics for fear of appearing in any way racist.
If we continue to avoid dealing with these potential terrorists then before long I fear we will see a situation in the UK that will make the IRA look like school boy fisticuffs.

Far from having a war somewhere I think we can only act to ensure or own lands are safe.
Leave the Muslims to fight among themselves in the Middle East as they have done for a thousand years.
Back to top Go down
Hitch



Posts : 588
Join date : 2013-09-18

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:06 pm

FY 310 wrote:
Hitch wrote:

These fanatics don't what a political dialogue they want to kill you and me and our children and they won't stop until one side is completely wiped out or converts to this mutated fundamental Islam under Sharia. And they don't care how long it takes - centuries even.

Agreed Hitch. Unfortunately all Western leaders (European & USA) seem to be nothing but appeasers for this, far too frightened to deal effectively with the fanatics for fear of appearing in any way racist.
If we continue to avoid dealing with these potential terrorists then before long I fear we will see a situation in the UK that will make the IRA look like school boy fisticuffs.

Far from having a war somewhere I think we can only act to ensure or own lands are safe.
Leave the Muslims to fight among themselves in the Middle East as they have done for a thousand years.

That will surely happen when the oil runs out.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:27 pm

A bit unsure how people can drive into the middle of a city centre armed with Ak47s, Shoot twelve people dead and then drive out nice and calm without any challenge to them.One word and needs to be a lesson for this country.Security.And if that means arming police then I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Posts : 7461
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 29
Location : Nr Panama

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:28 pm

The French gendarmerie is armed, isn't it?

I'm as horrified by today's events as anybody else but it isn't just Islamist nutjobs who get hold of weaponry and murder innocent people, is it? A tooled-up gunman on the rampage in the USA is a depressingly common occurrence but it doesn't just happen there. It isn't so long ago that Anders Brevik behaved with similar chillingly effective purpose in Norway. In India, and other places, we have Hindus killing Muslims. We're all too familiar with the Protestant/Catholic schism in Ireland... Nutjobs the lot of them.

Could there be a common thread that all of these disparate people of disparate races, disparate nationalities and disparate religions use to justify to themselves what they are about to do and it is that which needs to be confronted?

I feel that the Islamist cause was the excuse for putting all reason and humanity to one side in Paris today but in reality it is all about de-humanising those who become victims just as the Nazis de-humanised the Jews, the Hutus de-humanised the Tutsis in Rwanda, Brevik de-humanised the young socialists in Norway and so on. Someone somewhere has instilled the idea into others that the Charlie Ebdo staff were to be denied their lives because their magazine had satirised their beliefs but you can be pretty certain that those truly responsible for today's atrocity were many miles away from the horror as it happened.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Posts : 5189
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 100
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:33 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
you can be pretty certain that those truly responsible for today's atrocity were many miles away from the horror as it happened.
Almost certainly, one of them was apparently 18 years old ffs. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 12423
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 62
Location : @ sea or @home

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:48 pm

Look at how hard it has been to rid ourselves of proven terrorist apologists Abu Hamza, etc,etc. The PC Guardianistas value every body else's freedom over ours.



_______________________________________
Vote shit, get banged.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 12423
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 62
Location : @ sea or @home

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:50 pm

Compo!

_______________________________________
Vote shit, get banged.
Back to top Go down
Hitch



Posts : 588
Join date : 2013-09-18

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:56 pm

seadog wrote:
Compo!

That's a cracker. lol!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Posts : 5804
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:41 pm

silent witness looked good this week................
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:59 am

Hitch wrote:

Without question the most ludicrously naïve post I've ever read

That's pretty rich coming from someone who thinks it might be possible to "extirpate this evil from the face of the planet".

Now that is fooking naive.
Back to top Go down
Hitch



Posts : 588
Join date : 2013-09-18

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:13 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hitch wrote:

Without question the most ludicrously naïve post I've ever read

That's pretty rich coming from someone who thinks it might be possible to "extirpate this evil from the face of the planet".

Now that is fooking naive.

Do you reckon the first Islamic terrorist dirty bomb will go off somewhere in the world within your lifetime Tis? Anywhere near Sid James doesn't count coz no fooker would be able to notice the difference.

It'll take centuries to rid the world completely of religious terrorist nutbags but it's doable I think - it'll take a while longer to do away with religion altogether.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 11:19 am

seadog wrote:
Compo!

You couldn't feckin make it up could you? Having said that the inhuman treatment of terrorist suspects gives a lot of grist to the mill of the terrorist propaganda machine. Guantanamo Bay facility was put there so the terrorists aren't allowed any of the rights they would if landed in America. Many people have been kept in solitary for years, waterboarded and never actually charged with any offence. Bring them to justice foreshore but lets set an example of how to do it.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4910
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 56
Location : Plymouth

Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 5:01 pm

Hitch wrote:
I see those really lovely Islamofascist nutbags are at it again in Paris. It won't end until every measure possible is used to extirpate this evil from the face of the planet - and even then it will take decades if not centuries. Zero tolerance and maximum force is needed now.


What happened in France was a truly shocking display of hatred aimed at the West and its liberties.

What makes these people commit such awful atrocities on European streets (whether here or in France), surely they can't be that thick to believe anything and everything a ranting Islamist facist leader spouts from his mouth.

The answer to that sadly is that they do believe the rantings and the rest is history.

These killers were said to be very professional in this attack, which probably may point to them fighting in the horrid battlefields of the Middle-East, where they would have gained skills and knowledge in the art of warfare..

On the news last night there was a chap [former Islamist facist crackpot] who said that even in the Koran, there are sentences and words that besmirch other religions.

European Governments have got to get to grips with the huge numbers of mostly young Muslim Men and Women, who trot off to Syria or Iraq to partake in violent war, and this after being turned in a place of worship or on the internet..Or they will become a home-grown terrorist and wage a campaign in whatever country they dwell.

What is it with the lives of these people that they feel the need to join a jihad or whatever (i am aware that some have gone over to fight against the Islamic facist groups). It has been said that these people are disenchanted with the West, a place a great many have grown up in, a place they have been educated in and a place that has all the trimmings that it has to offer. Yet they brush that aside and become warriors in an ideology that is both false and a lie.

The Islamist facist groups of hatred are slowly driving a wedge within the populations of the Western countries and this HAS THE POTENTIAL to get nasty in the future. Towns and Cities all over Europe (and the West in general) will wish not to see this happen and they must work hard to prevent mass hysteria from turning into even more hatred and chaos on the streets.

Are Muslim communities doing enough to prevent Islamic facist leaders preaching warped ideas [if so, should they do more], which may then lead to warped violence, as seen in London and Paris.

I fully respect and take my hat off to the people of France who turned out in the hundreds to pay homage to those murdered yesterday.

Good article from the BBC below and echos my words in paragraph 8.

In rational, post-Enlightenment Europe, religion has long since been relegated to a safe space, with Judaism and Christianity the safe targets of satire in secular western societies.

Not so Islam. The battle within Islam itself between Sunni and Shia, so evident in the wars of the Middle East, and the fight between extremist interpretations of Islam such as those of Islamic State and Muslims who wish to practice their religion in peace, is now being played out on the streets of Europe with potentially devastating consequences for social cohesion.

These latest shootings may be the work of "lone wolves" but their consequences will ripple across Europe and provoke much soul-searching about the failure of integration over the past decades.

Immigrant communities are already being viewed with increasing suspicion in both France and Germany, with their significant Muslim populations, and even in the UK.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye next?   Private Eye next? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Private Eye next?
Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: