Mock Cuncher
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:59 am

Brent's dealings re: the takeover are apparently queried in the latest issue of PE.

Hopefully there'll be more of the same of this sort of anti-Errington/WMN type journalism (ya know the type, actually investigating things), to ensure that the transparency of dealings at HP remains under scrutiny.

Last edited by Mock Cuncher on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Rickler

Rickler

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:08 am

As it does not appear to be on the PE website... Any chance of a scan of the relevent page from PE for us exiles who can't have a viddy at the local newstand?

And for what it's worth... I always thought Chris E had a lot more 'investigative' about him than Rupert by a mile!

Last edited by Rickler on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:12 am

Rickler wrote:
Any chance of a scan of the relevent page from PE for us exiles who can't have a viddy at the local newstand?
+1 if anyone on here is still left in Ingurrland.

cat
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:18 am

Rickler wrote:
As it does not appear to be on the PE website... Any chance of a scan of the relevent page from PE for us exiles who can't have a viddy at the local newstand?

And for what it's worth... I always thought Chris E had a lot more 'investigative' about him than Rupert by a mile!
And neither as are moddy-coddly as Gordon Sparks!

alien
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:09 am

Interesting. I'll pick up a copy on the way to work and snap the relevant bit.
Back to top Go down

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:58 am

How dare they, I mean where was Ian Hislop when they unleashed the dogs of war? It's easy to write a load of bull like this when you are sat behind a typewriter but have they actually looked into Brent's eyes?
Avis Crook Plymouth.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:25 am

No Eye in Sainsburys on my walk to work. Will head to Smiths later to get one if no one else sorts in the meantime.
Back to top Go down

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:35 am

Pasoti - Tony Campbell 22 Oct 2011

Quote :
Following conversations with Gary Maguire and Ian Newell from the Green Taverners I can confirm that I will now be signing the agreement letter.

I do so despite the fact that I still have serious concerns about the way the whole sale and purchase process has been conducted and how the staff and players have been treated and intimidated throughout the last 9 months.

The Green Taverners have been absolutely fantastic in their support of the staff and I have the upmost respect for the work they have done. As such I feel that compromising my own moral position on this issue is inconsequential in comparison to the contribution that they have made and continue to make on behalf of the club.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Thanks CA.

I can't believe that Brent refused to meet face to face, like praaaaapa people do, allegedly! lol!

In this man we trust, eh!
Back to top Go down

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:36 pm

Hmm.

It might just be me, but the suggestions made by Adrian Sanders hardly amount to libel, do they? Or does the local MP not have the right to give his opinion on matters of concern to his constituency and constituents?

Certainly the James Brent of this article seems not to resemble the benevolent, friendly, approachable fellow that his (voluntary) chauffeur keeps telling the world about.

Shurely shome mishtake?
Back to top Go down

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Look here, how many times do you have to be told, pig got it wrong about Macauley, Stapleton, Gardner, Todd and Campbell but Brent is different. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Iggy wrote:
Look here, how many times do you have to be told, pig got it wrong about Macauley, Stapleton, Gardner, Todd and Campbell but Brent is different. lol!

Ignore them Ian, bleddy keyboard warriors ! You're doing a great job. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Good job the Great One doesn't post on here or Pasoti.

Everyone would have to take Legal Advice before replying to anything he said!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Being responsible for pushing through Coaltion Government reforms might inintiate interesting conversations should he ever be in the same room as say a Union rep
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Dougie wrote:
Being responsible for pushing through Coaltion Government reforms might inintiate interesting conversations should he ever be in the same room as say a Union rep

The working class can kiss my a$$, I've got the President's job so fast.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Sounds like a bot of a wolf in sheep's clothing to me, not a bad lad to have on your side when the poo is heading for the air recirculatery device.

The gobby MP was speculating without grounds and as such his comments could easily be viewed as defamatory, Campbell knew it was all or nothing yet still had to stick his pointless oar in, these people need to STFU unless they have got a sensible point to make, the world has got plenty of windbags, it's a few more people that get things done that we need.
Back to top Go down
merse

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:59 pm

GOB wrote:
Thanks CA.

I've warned you all in other threads to be aware of the way Brent makes his acquisitions:

The Oldway saga was related to me some time ago and the manner in which Brent conducted himself during the Torquay United match at Gnome Park when he showed absolutely no interest in the game and opted to play with his kids in the directors'box throughout smacks of someone who doesn't give a flying fig about YOUR football club.

Brent (through Akkeron) has got his hands on your club's ground, he has made absolutely no investment at all in the playing side of the club and will happily see them slip into The Conference because in the greater scheme of things the lower the status of the club, the lower the running costs of something he is obliged to make a token gesture to run whilst his REAL interest takes shape.

The repayment of defaulted wages and salaries over five years at 1.5% interest betrays a hard nosed and belligerent approach to business and the blackmail of Tony Campbell further proof.

Adrian Saunders is no "Gobby MP", he is a respected and responsible local who represents his constituency with genuine concern for his constituents and the heritage of the area................Akkeron's proposals for Oldway flew right in the face of all that.

James Brent cares nothing for the heritage value of Oldway when set against the cost of maintaining it through his Akkeron Group, and his approach to continuing to run Plymouth Argyle when set against the heritage and emotional value of it to it's supporters will go exactly the same way you mark my words!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:57 pm

merse wrote:
GOB wrote:
Thanks CA.

I've warned you all in other threads to be aware of the way Brent makes his acquisitions:

The Oldway saga was related to me some time ago and the manner in which Brent conducted himself during the Torquay United match at Gnome Park when he showed absolutely no interest in the game and opted to play with his kids in the directors'box throughout smacks of someone who doesn't give a flying fig about YOUR football club.

Brent (through Akkeron) has got his hands on your club's ground, he has made absolutely no investment at all in the playing side of the club and will happily see them slip into The Conference because in the greater scheme of things the lower the status of the club, the lower the running costs of something he is obliged to make a token gesture to run whilst his REAL interest takes shape.

The repayment of defaulted wages and salaries over five years at 1.5% interest betrays a hard nosed and belligerent approach to business and the blackmail of Tony Campbell further proof.

Adrian Saunders is no "Gobby MP", he is a respected and responsible local who represents his constituency with genuine concern for his constituents and the heritage of the area................Akkeron's proposals for Oldway flew right in the face of all that.

James Brent cares nothing for the heritage value of Oldway when set against the cost of maintaining it through his Akkeron Group, and his approach to continuing to run Plymouth Argyle when set against the heritage and emotional value of it to it's supporters will go exactly the same way you mark my words!

Ah but you haven't looked into his eyes and been given the keys to the executive toilets lol!
Back to top Go down
merse

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:34 pm

[quote="Tringreen"]
merse wrote:

Ah but you haven't looked into his eyes and been given the keys to the executive toilets

I'd rather shit in a gorse bush thankyou very much.............in jest you succinctly hit the nail on the head of the gullible being fooled by the exploitive.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Truly sickening and only serving to drive a wedge further between many intelligent fans and the club.

It's now all buckets, flags n Dave Banana, whilst the nice gentleman plays the local yeomanry, turned generals, like puppets.

The club is destined for years of abject mediocrity at best.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:29 pm

I wonder if you were say 'friends' with someone who is happy to turn to libel lawyers whether you would pick up the same habit.
Back to top Go down
merse

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Dougie wrote:
I wonder if you were say 'friends' with someone who is happy to turn to libel lawyers whether you would pick up the same habit.

Nobs like Nool might pick up habits but they don't have friends!
Back to top Go down

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:50 pm

merse wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Nobs like Nool might pick up habits but they don't have friends!

He's Brent's friend and secretary now. He can arrange for Grovehill to meet James if he wants Razz
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Greenjock wrote:
He's Brent's friend and secretary now. He can arrange for Grovehill to meet James if he wants Razz

I think 'Grovehill' is now "Martin" thanks to IJN - another successful 'outing' by a mod who can't abide his own rules.

Bets on how long before "Martin's" surname and where he lives or works becomes common knowledge?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Private Eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Eye   Private Eye Empty

Back to top Go down

Private Eye
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next