sufferedsince 68
argyl3
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

bretonside - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:06 pm

To put more coal on the fire. Raiders has their own plans for a arena solely to be used for the badketball games and training. They have the plans they are trying to find the finance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Angry wrote:
is staying in a park next to a football stadium and dogging site really a hotel haven in which to build on?

Dogging site? Can you let me know the GPS coordinates please.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Dogging or dog walking? Are the FOCP aware of this Tgwu?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:11 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Angry wrote:
is staying in a park next to a football stadium and dogging site really a hotel haven in which to build on?

Dogging site? Can you let me know the GPS coordinates please.

69 north by 69 east.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:11 pm

One of these please, James.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Les, if you see a bmw with a puncture ffs dont flash your lights!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:27 pm

And now Bristol are looking set to get their rink back, so the big ice skating catchment area will shrink again.

See here.

Or maybe this guy should be encouraged to build his rink down here, seems there's some govt funding to be had, he has some financial interest, but the problem is finding land...

Tim

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:38 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Les, if you see a bmw with a puncture ffs dont flash your lights!

lol! lol! lol! I had a cracking bit of pulled pork on Boxing day but the last thing i want to see is somebody pulling pork Pig
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 3:20 pm

Tgwu wrote:
The only place I would like the hotel to be built, is on the land the vet and solicitor sits. I can remember a plan  to knock them down  and build a pub/restaurant.

That strip of land was included in the Central Park Area Action Plan document and tentatively rumoured to be home for Green Taverners after JB said something about them having new home "in front of stadium" when it became apparent HHP had no fans bar.

Are FoCP aware of any plans for the Council Parks Dept Depot? IJN said on Dec 11th it was being sold to Private Developer.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 3:46 pm

We are worried about that area, even love field we think is not safe We do know that the parks department have to be out by early next year. But a sale would not come (we think ) until after the election. One of the member of FOCP is a tree warden for the Council.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 3:48 pm

As a youngster I spent many happy hours at Tramps cafe (proper biker dive) went to under 18 discos there and later on heavy rock nights hosted by the legendary Andy Howard. I've got drunk, got into fights, pulled birds and just spent time there. Having said that it's a shit hole, always been a shithole and needed pulling down 30 years ago.
It's a shame scum like me are never catered for when they build new things.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 3:59 pm

green_genie wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
The only place I would like the hotel to be built, is on the land the vet and solicitor sits. I can remember a plan  to knock them down  and build a pub/restaurant.

That strip of land was included in the Central Park Area Action Plan document and tentatively rumoured to be home forn Taverners after JB said something about them having new home "in front of stadium" when it became apparent HHP had no fans bar.

Are FoCP aware of any plans for the Council Parks Dept Depot? IJN said on Dec 11th it was being sold to Private Developer.

Last edited by Tgwu on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 5:25 pm

wasnt there going to be tennis courts built at central park? i notice there isnt rugby held up there anymore.

oh please can a mod kindly fix tgwu link so its not so big please Smile
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 5:34 pm

I wrote it on another thread today

Here it is on.      Time for answers from the board.

The FOCP have a few £ coming in from different developers and the LTA for sports pitches, tennis courts and new toilets. They are pushing the Council for a cafe hub and combine the toilets and changing rooms into the new building.

They have more plans for the park, especially Zoo fieldI wrote somewhere today we been given grants from LTA for new courts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I wrote it on another thread today

Here it is on.      Time for answers from the board.

The FOCP have a few £ coming in from different developers and the LTA for sports pitches, tennis courts and new toilets. They are pushing the Council for a cafe hub and combine the toilets and changing rooms into the new building.

They have more plans for the park, especially Zoo fieldI wrote somewhere today we been given grants from LTA for new courts

Excellent hope they get built.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 7:24 pm

The bottom line is that as far as Tudor and his cronies are concerned "the reluctant bidder" is yesterdays man. On the basis of course that the non developing property developer - has so far built feck all.
As things stand given HHP is dead in the water - it's a reasonable assumption that Brent will move away and administration will loom large.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Angry wrote:
please can a mod kindly fix tgwu link so its not so big please Smile

Please can a Mod fix TGWU's avatar so it's HUGE ! ta Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 9:06 pm

Iggy wrote:
As a youngster I spent many happy hours at Tramps cafe (proper biker dive) went to under 18 discos there and later on heavy rock nights hosted by the legendary Andy Howard. I've got drunk, got into fights, pulled birds and just spent time there. Having said that it's a shit hole, always been a shithole and needed pulling down 30 years ago.

I could be found in Tramps late 70's with my air guitar*

* Still use it now Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 12:57 pm

Angry wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Tim Chown wrote:
The snag there is that, in JB's words from the open meeting early last year, the ice arena is a 'loss leader' for HHP.

That's true. An Arena (Ice/Basketball/Concerts) will not pay for itself. I have spoken to the largest ARena operators in the country, all willing to run a facility on a profit share basis, but all saying it has to be either publically funded or part of a larger development (Braehead, Glasgow) to make it work.

Also remember that with a pro ice team, basketball, concerts etc a leisure ice facility will be needed elsewhere.

If built right you could hold pro basketball/ice hockey and other ice related events perhaps even darts/snooker too in one whatever thousand capacity stadia and still have a public rink in the same building which doesnt need to be as big or have capacity bit. As for music that would be pavillions really home park hasnt got a good track record for putting on decent concerts. i had to go to the george michael one.
While this wouldnt make millions i agree i gather it would make more than a small ice rink for the public that cant host or be used for anything else when ice skating isnt popular enough to pay the bills of the place.

If something worthwhile isnt too go there than the council may aswell just annex the ice rink on to the life centre.

If you had all that it might even make the car park and retail units viable.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 1:44 pm

Tgwu wrote:
We are worried about that area, even love field we think is not safe We do know that the parks department have to be out by early next year. But a sale would not come (we think ) until after the election. One of the member of FOCP is a tree warden for the Council.

If the Parks Dept land was coupled with the old Cricket Pitch that Stapleton , Gill and Dennerly's estate(?) own and Goals it would make a less intrusive position for Ice Rink / Basketball / Concert Arena originally envisaged for Cottage Field.

PCC should really be pushing Brent for answers on his developments at HHP and the Pavillions.

With HHP, Pavillions, Bretonside, Colin Campbell Court and Mayflower West Area all up for development if he admitted not being able to deliver I'm sure there would be developers prepared to look at bigger picture and produce plans worthy of the Mackay Vision which the Adopted Area Action plans for the City are based upon.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 8:48 am

Just to keep Brent up to date not only the architect is name but the letting agent for the finish development is know.

Corstorphine + Wright is the architect and Wareing & Partners is the letting agent for Drake Circus Leisure.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 10:26 am

Iggy wrote:

We must have crossed paths hundreds of times...

D'you remember Ruth who used to terrorise the customers in the daytime cafe?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:16 am

Took from the  last mins of planning committee. On the 4/12/2014. No 70 is the one to read, the question came from a Mr Kilvington

No. Item

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Members will be asked to make any declarations of interest in respect of items on this agenda.
Additional documents:
Webcast for 67.
Minutes:
There were no declarations of interest in accordance with the code of conduct.

MINUTES - TO FOLLOW  PDF 105 KB

The Committee will be asked to confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 20 November 2014.
Additional documents:
Webcast for 68.
Minutes:
Agreed the minutes of the meeting held on 20 November 2014.

CHAIR'S URGENT BUSINESS

To receive reports on business which, in the opinion of the Chair, should be brought forward for urgent consideration.
Additional documents:
Webcast for 69.
Minutes:
There were no items of Chair’s urgent business.

QUESTIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

The Chair will receive and respond to questions from members of the public submitted in accordance with the Council’s procedures. Questions shall not normally exceed 50 words in length and the total length of time allowed for public questions shall not exceed 10 minutes. Any question not answered within the total time allowed shall be the subject of a written response.
Additional documents:
Webcast for 70.
Minutes:
The following question was received from a member of the public for this meeting, in accordance with part B, paragraph 11 of the constitution.

Question No.03 14/15
Question by. Mr Kilvington
Cabinet Member of Committee Chair
Subject Higher Home Park

Committee Chair –Councillor Stevens
Home Park Planning Consent
Question:

Will the Higher Home Park planning consent expire if development hasn’t started by August 2016, or could the permission be extended on the mere possibility of a change in the uncertainties afflicting James Brent’s companies; how might Bretonside redevelopment plans (including cinema complex) affect the decision?
Response:

If the Higher Home Park development has not started by 19 September 2016 then the planning permission will lapse. The developer’s individual circumstances are not a consideration. The planning considerations for the redevelopment of Bretonside will be considered separately on their own individual merits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:49 am

The clock is ticking!

When does the option to buy the ground kick in?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:00 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The clock is ticking!

When does the option to buy the ground kick in?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

bretonside
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next