Peggy
Czarcasm
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   Empty
PostSubject: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Comedy Gold LAUGH OUT LOUD moment from Mike Greening over on the Farm, suggesting Brent should organise a protest against the development at Bretonside.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:21 pm

Hehe mentioned this on another thread, did nearly pee myself :-D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:26 pm

they will o it aswell which is the funnier thing about it.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:31 pm

OI! TUDOR! BUOY! DON'T redevelop a horribly run-down bit of concrete, bringing life back into the centre of town! NO! Put it all in a park instead!

Morons.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Completely forgetting that the Council know HHP isn't happening - they ignored it in the report of 17th June.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:02 pm

It's about time the Trust or some group or other, started making some noises on behalf of the fans on PAFC.
And I don't mean, to make the clusterfuck happen.

Let's have a mahoosive charity announcement instead  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:07 pm

I think given Akkeron's collapse over the last 12 months they will struggle to deliver on any of the proposed projects. Has anything happened with Oldway Mansion which Akkeron have been able to develop a lot longer than HHP? If Akkeron don't relocate and build the Ice Rink do they have to give back the £2m grant? Akkeron have promised everything but delivered nothing. British Land deliver on projects and have the know-how. I doubt they'd present a child's drawing as a first representation of their development like Akkeron did  Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:12 pm

I am pretty sure that the money that Brent has recieved for the ice rink from the council will pay to maintain it or run it for ten years?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:23 pm

I see the head  pig is now resigned to the fact ours is a nonstarter - plan B,C D.... in the offing!!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:28 pm

First representations.

Never mind the £2million - what about the keys to the £4million Pavilions site being handed over to 5 Directions Ltd and consequent £900,000 transfer of shares to the Brent Pension pot?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
I see the head  pig is now resigned to the fact ours is a nonstarter - plan B,C D.... in the offing!!

Link please..........explains his cosying up to the trust . He and Symons really don't like eachother and there is major history.

Dontcha just hate climbers ? What a Face

They'll do anything to be someone at the Theatre of Schemes.

Neither one of these guys has ever approached me personally to sort out the issues between us.

They both now want me silenced .It's been going on for years and years ! Weird innit ?

I know a wrongun when I see one........................... except spowell  Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:59 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:

Link please..........explains his cosying up to the trust . He and Symons really don't like eachother and there is major history.

Dontcha just hate climbers ? What a Face

They'll do anything to be someone at the Theatre of Schemes.

Neither one of these guys has ever approached me personally to sort out the issues between us.

They both now want me silenced .It's been going on for years and years ! Weird innit ?

I know a wrongun when I see one........................... except spowell  Embarassed

Same thread as the Greening howler, 3 posts on Tringy old chap!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:18 pm

build the shops where they are badly needed ie town i say. no interest inn the cinema at all brent can still build his crappy travelodge and small ice rink at the club alongside a decent grandstand with maybe one or two shops.

sorted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 6:35 pm

Angry wrote:
build the shops where they are badly needed ie town i say. no interest inn the cinema at all brent can still build his crappy travelodge and small ice rink at the club alongside a decent grandstand with maybe one or two shops.

sorted

I think we all know the answer to that one regardless of whatever building work (if any) comes of HHP.

Maybe Nooly could get his lynchmob to help scupper the Bretonside development !?

So Mike Greening trying to rabble rouse his fellow farmyard disciples to pick up their pitchforks again eh!!

Pasoti...a vipers nest if ever there was one.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:

sorted

I think we all know the answer to that one regardless of whatever building work (if any) comes of HHP.

Maybe Nooly could get his lynchmob to help scupper the Bretonside development !?

So Mike Greening trying to rabble rouse his fellow farmyard disciples to pick up their pitchforks again eh!!

Nool and the Nooligans speaking up for the silent majority jocolor  jocolor  :pighug:
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 6:52 pm

Makes me laugh that some people think PCC can stop a development in one part of the city just because something similar is going to be built in another part of the city. If British Land's proposal fits in with what the local plan says that land can be used for, there's very little the council can do about it. It's unlikely PCC could turn down a planning application on commercial grounds because they will leave themselves open to appeal.

Eg if two supermarkets put in applications in the same street and the local plan says that land is designated as retail land there is not much the council can do about it.

Or PCC can't turn down a planning application to protect an application at HHP.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Makes me laugh that some people think PCC can stop a development in one part of the city just because something similar is going to be built in another part of the city. If British Land's proposal fits in with what the local plan says that land can be used for, there's very little the council can do about it. It's unlikely PCC could turn down a planning application on commercial grounds because they will leave themselves open to appeal.

Eg if two supermarkets put in applications in the same street and the local plan says that land is designated as retail land there is not much the council can do about it.

Or PCC can't turn down a planning application to protect an application at HHP.

EXactly Richard, BL are a big player i believe in urban development, most councils would welcome their involvement to re generate  a run down area, no small group of numpties will stop this development. anyway like you say, it would just go to appeal the developer would win and the council would lose a lot of money in costs.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:03 pm

Tringreen wrote:
It's about time the Trust or some group or other, started making some noises on behalf of the fans on PAFC.
And I don't mean, to make the clusterfuck happen.

Let's have a mahoosive charity announcement instead  Rolling Eyes 

To clarify, are you suggesting that we protest against the building of Higher Home Park?

If so, we may as well protest against the Tradium, Stapleton's Phase Two and the 46,000 super duper world cup arena whilst we're at it. They're both about as likely to happen, in my view.

Like Richard and suffered have said- it won't happen, the Bretonside one will. A few people at the council will have red faces and life will go on. There is simply no point in protesting against something that won't happen in its own right. That's just my view, of course.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Except life won"t go on for Argyle Sam, remember Martyn's words 'there is no plan b'. So the Trust should be using the open door with Martyn to formulate a planb. Now.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Well on that point I accept your view and it's something we'll be working on.

It's just the idea of protests against HHP are...so 2013. It just isn't looking at all like happening.

Plan B formulation- yes, I agree that it's needed. It's something we won't let slip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:

sorted

if we do gain promotion this season we will see the beards attitude towards building a small and landlocked grandstand rapidly change towards building one that can be seen as fitting for a professional football club and one that can be extended if desired in future.

wait and see it will happen.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I think given Akkeron's collapse over the last 12 months they will struggle to deliver on any of the proposed projects. Has anything happened with Oldway Mansion which Akkeron have been able to develop a lot longer than HHP? If Akkeron don't relocate and build the Ice Rink do they have to give back the £2m grant? Akkeron have promised everything but delivered nothing. British Land deliver on projects and have the know-how. I doubt they'd present a child's drawing as a first representation of their development like Akkeron did  Laughing 
So what exactly is the gameplan for Akkeron - is this a genuine failure on their part, or really just part of a grand masterplan to hoard land and do fook all with it, selling it on to someone when 'things pick up' with a premium added onto it?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:31 pm

A 7 bay bus station is completely inadequate apparently, but no matter if we get a boxed in mini football stand lol
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:37 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
A 7 bay bus station is completely inadequate apparently, but no matter if we get a boxed in mini football stand lol

Will some one tell the pig that the seven bays are for the National Express services
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 8:52 pm

Desperation now from Newell, I see he now claims he is impartial to the Bretonside development.

My arse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".    Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".   Empty

Back to top Go down

Avivas suggest Bretonside "protest".
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next