argyl3
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

bretonside - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 8:49 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
So how does administration get rid of those people on PASOTI and why would we risk our clubs potential liquidation to get rid of a piss poor supporters website.
I don't quite understand that

Dear me, read SFD's post. Get yeself down, ave a pint an a paaaasty and thank James cos ee saved uzzz ee did.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've read it and I don't know why your trotting out the usual Brent stuff cos if you actually read my post I ain't referring to him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 8:52 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sounds like your wishing for administration, hope that's not the case

The Brenties fail to see that all of HHP is designed to line his pockets not the clubs. Admin is coming regardless

Feck me I wonder about some of the Brent fetishes on here, I'm no Brentie just an Argyle supporter with no agenda other than progression of my club, so forgive me if I find the thought of another admin scary, because thats what it is, bleddy scary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:03 pm

PatDunne wrote:
PCC have approved council funding of £2.07 million with another £2.1 million coming from British Land for the new Mayflower West coach station.............

That, to me , appears to be a done deal in all but name. That sounds as if PCC has asked BL for a sweetner in order for PCC to grant them planning permission (not official yet of course) - in this instance, money towards the new coach hub.

Of course, I could be talking complete horseshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

The Brenties fail to see that all of HHP is designed to line his pockets not the clubs. Admin is coming regardless

Feck me I wonder about some of the Brent fetishes on here, I'm no Brentie just an Argyle supporter with no agenda other than progression of my club, so forgive me if I find the thought of another admin scary, because thats what it is, bleddy scary

it is scary however my friend its coming sadly. Only way we stand a chance is if brent goes now and someone willing to invest his or indeed her own money in the club and not rely on council tax payers
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:13 pm

It was in the free newspaper that arrived today and quotes Councillor Mark Coker, Cabinet Minister for Transport - 'It will make travel in and out of Plymouth more attractive and convenient for visitors and residents and create a gateway the city deserves' - he was talking about the new coach station not HHP Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:31 pm

i still feel the coach station should be by the train station myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:35 pm

Angry wrote:

Moving the train station as well would be a hell of a task Angry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:37 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Administration no 2 is coming mark my words.
As I said earlier it will give Argyle a chance to totally re-brand the club from top to bottom, get rid of it's long standing association with Pasoti and it's corrupt owners, elect a new President and bin the era of the super-fan once and for all.
No man has to bow,no airs or graces, no silly hats and titles we will truly have our club back from the leeches.
It would take probably 5 or 6 years to get back in the League with a ground that can be fit for a new Grandstand not boxed in and a new owner with genuine cash backed ambition to drive us back stronger and better then previously imagined.

Sometimes you have to take a large step back to move forward stronger in the long run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:38 pm

Iggy wrote:
Angry wrote:

Moving the train station as well would be a hell of a task Angry.

not if they redeveloped that area to knocking down the car park and old buildings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:40 pm

Angry wrote:

That's a bit too obvious for our town planners who appear to be obsessed with fecking us about.
I said planners but what planning puts pedestrians in more contact with cars, builds small roundabouts that buses can barely negotiate and the traffic arrangement to get into the Drake Circus car park is an enormous cock up, and they want buses to negotiate that to get to Mayflower Street!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:44 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

As I said earlier it will give Argyle a chance to totally re-brand the club from top to bottom, get rid of it's long standing association with Pasoti and it's corrupt owners, elect a new President and bin the era of the super-fan once and for all.
No man has to bow,no airs or graces, no silly hats and titles we will truly have our club back from the leeches.
It would take probably 5 or 6 years to get back in the League with a ground that can be fit for a new Grandstand not boxed in and a new owner with genuine cash backed ambition to drive us back stronger and better then previously imagined.

Sometimes you have to take a large step back to move forward stronger in the long run.
Agreed, all sounds very nice, the slight drawback, where/who is that new owner ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:45 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I honestly went with this scenario first time round - back Parkway and build from ground up!! The infestation of the super mob has sickened me bigtime!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Not if it drains the swamp it's not , cos were nothing now but a pawn in Brent's get rich quick scheme
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 10:01 pm

It's hoped the work could start in late 2015 with construction completing in summer 2017, provided everything goes to plan.
As part of the proposals the soon-to-be-demolished Mayflower West car park would be turned into a multi-million pound coach station.
Mark Lowry is the councillor in charge of finance on Plymouth City Council, he told Radio Plymouth the new bus hub will be paid with two million pounds from British Land
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 10:04 pm

Tgwu wrote:
It's hoped the work could start in late 2015 with construction completing in summer 2017, provided everything goes to plan.
As part of the proposals the soon-to-be-demolished Mayflower West car park would be turned into a multi-million pound coach station.
Mark Lowry is the councillor in charge of finance on Plymouth City Council, he told Radio Plymouth the new bus hub will be paid with two million pounds from British Land

cheers cheers cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 1:14 pm

PatDunne wrote:
It was in the free newspaper that arrived today and quotes Councillor Mark Coker, Cabinet Minister for Transport - 'It will make travel in and out of Plymouth more attractive and convenient for visitors and residents and create a gateway the city deserves' - he was talking about the new coach station not HHP Very Happy

Which is exactly why development of Bretonside is needed.

I don't understand why anyone who wants to see Plymouth grow would oppose better transport links.

In my view, our challenge is to figure out what will work at HHP, not to throw stones at a development elsewhere that most people in the city will welcome, including those who might travel here on match days.

Tim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 1:27 pm

Tim Chown wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Which is exactly why development of Bretonside is needed.

I don't understand why anyone who wants to see Plymouth grow would oppose better transport links.

In my view, our challenge is to figure out what will work at HHP, not to throw stones at a development elsewhere that most people in the city will welcome, including those who might travel here on match days.

Tim

The only thing that will work up there and stay true to central parks ethos and protect it for generations is an multi purpose ice arena. Anything else is either too out of the way from the core of customers ie the centre of town and will be a nightmare to go to on match days and wont draw punters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 1:30 pm

The snag there is that, in JB's words from the open meeting early last year, the ice arena is a 'loss leader' for HHP.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 1:44 pm

Tim Chown wrote:
The snag there is that, in JB's words from the open meeting early last year, the ice arena is a 'loss leader' for HHP.

That's true. An Arena (Ice/Basketball/Concerts) will not pay for itself. I have spoken to the largest ARena operators in the country, all willing to run a facility on a profit share basis, but all saying it has to be either publically funded or part of a larger development (Braehead, Glasgow) to make it work.

Also remember that with a pro ice team, basketball, concerts etc a leisure ice facility will be needed elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 1:47 pm

Tim Chown wrote:

But.....James Brent quickly took on the responsibility of replacng the old one.......amongst his many plans for the future of HHP and surrounding projects in Plymouth.......are we saying he got it wrong.....and he his now facing a multitude of snowballing disasters......there must be at least one development that he has planned that can start.........or are they so interlinked with each other that they become a falling house of cards.....would that not be seen as bad planning and dodgy risk taking........is our PAFC being run by such an owner......and only three years since administration.....does not bode well for the future of the clubs success...... :Suicide:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Umm, he hasn't been a fan of the ice arena from the start, has he!.

Imho, the only decent part of the whole HHP clusterfuck, WAS the proposed ice arena!

8/10k ice arena/concert hall. Couple this with WG's design for a new grandstand, was, imho, a great idea/plan. It's a pity some wack-job, fuckwitted, cuntasuarus who clings onto Brent's trouser leg, advised him it wouldn't work. Hence the complete horseshit of a mess the club, Brent's leadership, PCC relationship, feuding fan-base, find ourselves in at the moment.

It's all a fecking mess - and it ain't gonna get better anytime soon. I wonder how many of our fan-base is willing to hang around?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Tim Chown wrote:

That's true. An Arena (Ice/Basketball/Concerts) will not pay for itself. I have spoken to the largest ARena operators in the country, all willing to run a facility on a profit share basis, but all saying it has to be either publically funded or part of a larger development (Braehead, Glasgow) to make it work.

Also remember that with a pro ice team, basketball, concerts etc a leisure ice facility will be needed elsewhere.

If built right you could hold pro basketball/ice hockey and other ice related events perhaps even darts/snooker too in one whatever thousand capacity stadia and still have a public rink in the same building which doesnt need to be as big or have capacity bit. As for music that would be pavillions really home park hasnt got a good track record for putting on decent concerts. i had to go to the george michael one.
While this wouldnt make millions i agree i gather it would make more than a small ice rink for the public that cant host or be used for anything else when ice skating isnt popular enough to pay the bills of the place.

If something worthwhile isnt too go there than the council may aswell just annex the ice rink on to the life centre.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:00 pm

The only place I would like the hotel to be built, is on the land the vet and solicitor sits. I can remember a plan  to knock them down  and build a pub/restaurant.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Jimmy will build nothing, Not next year not in five years not ever! Snake oil salesman and no mistake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:04 pm

is staying in a park next to a football stadium and dogging site really a hotel haven in which to build on?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bretonside   bretonside - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

bretonside
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next