Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)

Go down 
+2
Tgwu
green_genie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
green_genie

green_genie

......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) Empty
PostSubject: ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)   ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Student flats added to the Bretonside development and passed by PCC without public consultation

## ERALD LINK ##
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)   ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 7:56 pm

how many student flat blocks does one city centre need ffs. they are building 3 huge ones right now and have double that operating already in the city centre alone and NOT ONE OF THEM IS FULL. thats not including mutley area or the scores of private student flats/houses or even the derrys cross redevelopment.

may aswell just give the town centre to the university and move the shops and people out to else where.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)   ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 8:10 pm

I think you find it the old foot print of a pub which was pull down many years ago and use as a car park.

The land used to be home to a pub, which stood from 1856 until demolition between sometime in the late 1950s. The plot is 200 metres from the old bus station,

Developer Barbican Leisure (Plymouth) Ltd is behind the plans to build the block on a small private car park, on the corner of Bretonside and Bilbury Street.

......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) 154
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)   ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 8:33 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I think you find it the old foot print of a pub which was pull down many years ago and use as a car park.

The land used to be home to a pub, which stood from 1856 until demolition between sometime in the late 1950s. The plot is 200 metres from the old bus station,

Developer Barbican Leisure (Plymouth) Ltd is behind the plans to build the block on a small private car park, on the corner of Bretonside and Bilbury Street.

Right next to the old TGWU office, TGWU sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)   ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 8:42 pm

At least the "student housing" is where it should be, rather than in a park attached to a football ground.
It's all a goldrush. And all to endebt tomorrow's shelf stackers and delivery drivers
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)   ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 10:51 pm

Thanks TAG

Made I laugh that PCC had done a HHP level back hander
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)   ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:25 pm

beesrus wrote:
At least the "student housing" is where it should be, rather than in a park attached to a football ground.
It's all a goldrush. And all to endebt tomorrow's shelf stackers and delivery drivers

I agree student flats have no place at a stadium and building all these student flats stinks of gold rushing,

begs the question when will the council say enough is enough and look to bulid affordable housing/flats for those crying out for them or failing that actually look to improve the city centre north to south before they drive more people away from the city centre and up the road to exeter or online shopping.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)   ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 1:28 am

Peggy wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Right next to the old TGWU office, TGWU sunny

Those were the days. All finish in the Regent now the Swallow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)   ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 9:37 am

Funnily enough, " Those were the daze" is a documentary film about Breton side and particularly the bus station Tramps club in the 80/90s. An interest to activists and socialites of the time Very Happy . It's being shown tonight at Emmanuel church hall in Mannamead.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)   ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 10:03 am

beesrus wrote:
Funnily enough, " Those were the daze" is a documentary film about Breton side and particularly the bus station Tramps club in the 80/90s. An interest to activists and socialites of the time Very Happy . It's being shown tonight at Emmanuel church hall in Mannamead.

Tramps 80s/90s? I might be in it!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)   ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 12:26 pm

I'm sure I heard on the radio a few weeks ago that PCC had embargoed any further building of student accommodation. Maybe not :/
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)   ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Maybe new applications, Your Worshipfulness? This one went in in mid October and, despite the OP comments, had the same public consultation period as any other planning app.

While I roll my eyes at the amount of student blocks going up, if no-one else is stumping up the cash, what else is the construction industry going to do? Can't really bring myself to get too exercised about about someone building 8 flats and a commercial unit on a plot that's been empty for as long as I can remember, tbh, even if the design is a bit ho-hum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)   ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 11:17 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Tramps 80s/90s? I might be in it!

There were no shirts on view.  pirat
As it turned out, the era was later, the film concerned Tramps from the Bus station loonies circa 1998 through to Bretonside closing recently, and Tramps' demise. The era of post punk, underground ska, dub, rooooooooooooots, rockabilly and anti mainstream Ibiza house stuff. Not the best film I've seen, but people bumped into was a plus, and a finish in the Fortescue Earth Cafe made up for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)   ......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside) Empty

Back to top Go down

......when all you need is a knife (Bretonside)
Page 1 of 1