sufferedsince 68
Tringreen
PatDunne
Sir Francis Drake
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 2:38 pm

News of Brent's tendered resignation surfaces in the latest PAFC board meeting. Add your own captions! laugh

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 3:13 pm

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
And you dont live in Plymouth and dont go to games so your not a propa fan bhey popcorn
I assume this was a bit tongue in cheek?

It's making fun of Nools opinion , that those who do not live in Plymouth and do not attend games should have no say in things PAFC....
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 3:48 pm

Chaps, your spirit of 'good will to all men' this festive season is touching, really it is laugh

You can choose to believe whatever you wish about me. Most of it is, at best, mis-remembered or highly selectively remembered (then skewed towards negative). At it's worse you embellish stuff although I guess it's been so long since you, or someone else, embellished it or just plain made it up that you now can't remember the slant/creation itself. It's become FACT. Well just like 'The Farm' (your word not mine) you've created myths, blissfully unaware you've even done it.

Like I say, believe what you like, just understand you're only fooling yourselves on virtually everything from which you've made the stick you keep trying to beat me with. Someone once applied the phrase 'rhino hide' to me. That one is spot on, it really doesn't bother me, I know my own mind and nothing anyone says is ever going to change it. No-one will ever admit it publicly but just as I have a grudging admiration for for people who stick to their guns, so do you.

I stick by everything I've ever said, every gut feeling I've ever gone with. If it was right at the time I said or did it, then it was right to do it. 20/20 hindsight changes nothing. If I'm guilty of anything though it's being too passionate sometimes, too keen to push that passion onto others. I'll take that one, hands up. It's why I try not to do it any more.

I've said for some time I am disappointed with how the James Brent tenure is panning out (again, see signature) but it doesn't revise the fact he was the right horse of the three to back and it doesn't change the fact he's presently the only horse entered in the race. Sure I wanted openness, honesty, yadda yadda, I may even have mentioned it Laughing That was due to the desolate wasteland of such values experienced under the NWO and the farcical smoke and mirrors demonstrated, primarily by the three amigos but also the Tory councillor. Of the three candidates presented, James Brent offered me a chance of my cherished values. I make no apologies for feeling that, it was demonstrably the case.

He's not been good enough on those values, on that we agree. It doesn't make the placement of my 'cross on the ballot paper' incorrect, it's just very disappointing. You can probably substitute 'hope' for trust now but I still place some trust in him, I feel everyone should, for there is absolutely no alternative.

Give me an alternative and i'll see where my gut feeling takes me. Till then I have to hope, it's what any glass half full person WOULD do. Boil it down and that's the only fundamental difference between me with my trusty fruit knife and the rabid hoards of ATD's zealots I face, I hope for the best, most of you expect the worst. That's all really.

You won't find me 'soap-boxing', shirts and identity maybe but certainly not on the 'political' side of things. I haven't for a long time now, though no-one credits it.

Sorry therefore to disappoint, I won't be flouncing anywhere. I'll still continue to plough my own individual furrow betwixt the sites, you should know by now that abuse and misrepresentation just encourages me. Abuse and the attribution of false words and interpretations are, after all, is the last stand of the defeated opponent Jedi Knight
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 3:54 pm

X Isle wrote:
Chaps, your spirit of 'good will to all men' this festive season is touching, really it is laugh  

You can choose to believe whatever you wish about me. Most of it is, at best, mis-remembered or highly selectively remembered (then skewed towards negative). At it's worse you embellish stuff although I guess it's been so long since you, or someone else, embellished it or just plain made it up that you now can't remember the slant/creation itself. It's become FACT. Well just like 'The Farm' (your word not mine) you've created myths, blissfully unaware you've even done it.

Like I say, believe what you like, just understand you're only fooling yourselves on virtually everything from which you've made the stick you keep trying to beat me with. Someone once applied the phrase 'rhino hide' to me. That one is spot on, it really doesn't bother me, I know my own mind and nothing anyone says is ever going to change it. No-one will ever admit it publicly but just as I have a grudging admiration for for people who stick to their guns, so do you.

I stick by everything I've ever said, every gut feeling I've ever gone with. If it was right at the time I said or did it, then it was right to do it. 20/20 hindsight changes nothing. If I'm guilty of anything though it's being too passionate sometimes, too keen to push that passion onto others. I'll take that one, hands up. It's why I try not to do it any more.  

I've said for some time I am disappointed with how the James Brent tenure is panning out (again, see signature) but it doesn't revise the fact he was the right horse of the three to back and it doesn't change the fact he's presently the only horse entered in the race. Sure I wanted openness, honesty, yadda yadda, I may even have mentioned it Laughing That was due to the desolate wasteland of such values experienced under the NWO and the farcical smoke and mirrors demonstrated, primarily by the three amigos but also the Tory councillor. Of the three candidates presented, James Brent offered me a chance of my cherished values. I make no apologies for feeling that, it was demonstrably the case.

He's not been good enough on those values, on that we agree. It doesn't make the placement of my 'cross on the ballot paper' incorrect, it's just very disappointing. You can probably substitute 'hope' for trust now but I still place some trust in him, I feel everyone should, for there is absolutely no alternative.

Give me an alternative and i'll see where my gut feeling takes me. Till then I have to hope, it's what any glass half full person WOULD do. Boil it down and that's the only fundamental difference between me with my trusty fruit knife and the rabid hoards of ATD's zealots I face, I hope for the best, most of you expect the worst. That's all really.    

You won't find me 'soap-boxing', shirts and identity maybe but certainly not on the 'political' side of things. I haven't for a long time now, though no-one credits it.

Sorry therefore to disappoint, I won't be flouncing anywhere. I'll still continue to plough my own individual furrow betwixt the sites, you should know by now that abuse and misrepresentation just encourages me. Abuse and the attribution of false words and interpretations are, after all, is the last stand of the defeated opponent Jedi Knight    

Oh dear, have you only got one hand on jims conkers now?
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 3:58 pm

Oh, and if it pleases you to know, I get shit from PASOTI too for coming here and apparently "advertising" ADT on the hallowed turf. So don't go thinking i'm some sort of PASOTI mole or bezzie mates with anyone there. I sit inside, and thus outside, both Rolling Eyes

Only difference is ATD allows me to say the above without censure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 3:58 pm

PatDunne wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
And you dont live in Plymouth and dont go to games so your not a propa fan bhey popcorn

It's making fun of Nools opinion , that those who do not live in Plymouth and do not attend games should have no say in things PAFC....

what he said Thanks/OK Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 4:01 pm

X Isle wrote:
Someone once applied the phrase 'rhino hide' to me. That one is spot on, it really doesn't bother me, I know my own mind and nothing anyone says is ever going to change it. No-one will ever admit it publicly but just as I have a grudging admiration for for people who stick to their guns, so do you.

I stick by everything I've ever said, every gut feeling I've ever gone with. If it was right at the time I said or did it, then it was right to do it. 20/20 hindsight changes nothing.  

And there in lies the absolute distillation of closed-minded arrogance that has defeated everybody that has ever lived who behaved in the same way. There is something far more compelling and honourable about a man who can admit, firstly to himself, that he was wrong and then say so, unconditionally. That somebody else called it right is almost incidental. It's about maturing and learning. Adapt or die.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 4:14 pm

No. You can't even begin to understand me by selective quoting, I've got much more about me than one highlighted sentence. I took the time to explain it, you really should take the time to appreciate where any differences of opinion come from, it ain't intransigence, it's perspective, pragmatism and a generally positive outlook. The end of the pool I swim in is waaay deeper than that.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 4:29 pm

Xisle reminds me of the Reverend Johnson from Blazing Saddles.

No one takes a blind notice of him and yet his sanctimonious, over the top delivery is comedy gold.

Keep it up please.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 4:42 pm

[quote="X Isle"]Oh, and if it pleases you to know, I get shit from PASOTI too for coming here and apparently "advertising" ADT on the hallowed turf. So don't go thinking i'm some sort of PASOTI mole or bezzie mates with anyone there. I sit inside, and thus outside, both Rolling Eyes  

Only difference is ATD allows me to say the above without censure.[/quote]

Which says all one ever needed to know about PASOTI.......
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:00 pm

PatDunne wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:

Its my age Pat tumbleweed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:02 pm

I don't often agree with X'y. I don't particularly like his style of posting. But I respect the fact that he has the balls to come on here and stand his ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:50 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I don't often agree with X'y. I don't particularly like his style of posting.  But I respect the fact that he has the balls to come on here and stand his ground.

I'd go with that. If he didn't come across such a smug throbber, one that clearly rates himself above all others, nobody would care. It's the like of him and the rest of the "keep argyle crap" that see us where we are today. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 7:22 pm

RWW wrote:
I think it is fairly well know that Mr Brent has entertained an offer for the club.

Sadly my relative was quoted a farcical price that implies he doesn't want to sell

Mr Brent would ensure a 3800 stand and facilities would be built provided the club was bought for 2.5 million. HHP would not be part of the deal.

Time for a bit of hibernation for a while as I'm sure to have upset some self important people.

Has Brent 'entertained' an offer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Well Nool has confirmed that Jones was Iddesleigh Green.

cheerleader wrote:
So just for the record RWW, you're claiming that Peter Jones has told you that JB had offer to resign from the board and a rellie of yours has made an offer for the club?

Interesting times IF true. 

As for the self important, I personally think that people that start rumours often fall into that category, it seems to be a power thing.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Yea Man wrote:

cheerleader wrote:
So just for the record RWW, you're claiming that Peter Jones has told you that JB had offer to resign from the board and a rellie of yours has made an offer for the club?

As for the self important, I personally think that people that start rumours often fall into that category, it seems to be a power thing.  
So speaks Kim Jong Nool, spokesman for the silent majority:joker:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 7:53 pm

RWW reminds me of someone I used to know.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 7:53 pm

Yea Man wrote:

cheerleader wrote:

Buying, censoring and manipulating a fans forum is a power thing Nool - you idiotic, ignorant, obnoxious, hypocritical slob.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Iggy wrote:
RWW reminds me of someone I used to know.
Lets hope his relative is loaded and ends the Brentmare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Can we argue about the colour of green ? Basketball

Last edited by Punchdrunk on Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 8:17 pm

RWW wrote:
No. Buying party is a relative of mine. Not interested at that price but lifelong fan.

Won't post again as don't want to be centre of attention.

Could RWW be related to Wrathall? Nah surely not.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 8:42 pm

Well done Argo. Coming towards the business end of the season and we implode. I expect at least one unwelcome player sale and a typical slither down the table. Feck off all those still supporting reluctance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 8:57 pm

Yea Man wrote:

cheerleader wrote:

I reckon Jones is preparing for a post Brent world....
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

cheerleader wrote:

A post Brent world will never involve Jones. The very last thing Jones wants is Brent to go. His leaking of the Brent resignation offer was surely aimed at garnering some sympathy and empathy for the reluctant ones position with PCC.

La tempête parfaite est arrivé pour une réticents
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

cheerleader wrote:

I'd rather Jones fecked off when JB fecks off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Brent offered to resign...   James Brent offered to resign... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

James Brent offered to resign...
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next