Tgwu
Czarcasm
LondonGreen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

James Brent Q&A on BBC Empty
PostSubject: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 16:08

This came out this morning on the Beeb and looks to have slipped under the radar perhaps...

Sheridan crap at the first interview apparently
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 16:39

Interesting that he completely swerved the question about whether he thought about giving Shez the boot when we went 7 without a win.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 17:06

So he is on public relations exercise, first the BBC next Brent’s Herald

Quote from Graham Clark

There are still a number of issues that are yet to hit the public domain that will impact upon supporters and the residents around Home Park.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 19:10

The remarks regarding the budget are interesting.

Reading between the lines, I get....

You have a bigger budget than you think you will need.  You know I am keeping the club afloat with personal loans and so there won't be any more money and so don't come and ask.  

Then I won't have to say no.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 19:14

Rickler...but James didn't say no did he?..
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 19:16

Duh.

They know better than to ask in the first place.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 21:00

very good interview as well with the ceo reproduced on gos well worth a listen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 21:13

First thing that you need to do when you want to get on is interview well, it's a basic skill and what's more we all bullshit at interviews. The best question to gauge your interviewee is, "what was your last job and what's your experience?" James Brent would have to bullshit if he said he was experienced in delivering multimillion pound urban regeneration projects. He's a big bully bullshitter who interviews well, hurrah!
Ps please for fecks sake don't tell me that you've met him and he's really nice, I might actually puke.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 23:12

greensleeves wrote:
very good interview as well with the ceo reproduced on gos  well worth a listen.

CEO now blames delays on the stand on architects as well as contractors. Getting closer to the crux that Planning Conditions are still being argued over, even if you gloss over whether the funds are in place with number of unsold lets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 10:11

One of his first comments when addressing the planning committee was how this development was "unashamedly about Plymouth Argyle", nothing could be further from the truth. This is a hotel, cinema amd retail development in central park, with a ministand bolted on as an afterthought. A second rate ministand at that. The fact that there is such lengthy delays to this project brings no tears from me :-)

"Unashamedly about Plymouth Argyle!?!" feck Off!!!! 7/8k capacity grandstand with supporters bar, now that would be unashamedly about Plymouth Argyle. Perhaps with ice rink and basketball facilities to make it a sports hub. But I suppose we are only aspiring to beat Exeter City so it's all golden right? I never thought Argyle supporters would accept a development like this especially given the treatment Heaney got, but some people are wanking themselves silly over it. Perhaps having not lived in Plymouth amd therefore not seeing the majority of aspirations for their city I can be excused from not knowing how this would go down. Very sad... now it makes sense why Plymouth has always underachieved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 10:22

Forget Hull, Cardiff, Swansea, Brighton etc who have risen from the lower leagues, are they really our peers like I used to think? Nah, think Gillingham, Carlisle and Northampton. Even Southend and Bristol Rovers have plans to do the job properly and good for them.

All the vibes from Plymouth so no that's too good for us, 5 seasons in the championship like we've always had at most, no dream to one day be in the top flight.. in fact people who do dream of something better are roundly mocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 10:28

Oh shit gone off topic a bit with my rambling, sorry chaps
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 13:58

I enjoyed the ramble. Smile 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 14:11

T'was positively on topic for ATD.  Laughing ....................Vera, pass the brown sauce.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptySat 18 Jan 2014, 04:47

Pafcintheplace wrote:
One of his first comments when addressing the planning committee was how this development was "unashamedly about Plymouth Argyle", nothing could be further from the truth. This is a hotel, cinema amd retail development in central park, with a ministand bolted on as an afterthought. A second rate ministand at that. The fact that there is such lengthy delays to this project brings no tears from me :-)

"Unashamedly about Plymouth Argyle!?!" feck Off!!!! 7/8k capacity grandstand with supporters bar, now that would be unashamedly about Plymouth Argyle. Perhaps with ice rink and basketball facilities to make it a sports hub. But I suppose we are only aspiring to beat Exeter City so it's all golden right? I never thought Argyle supporters would accept a development like this especially given the treatment Heaney got, but some people are wanking themselves silly over it. Perhaps having not lived in Plymouth amd therefore not seeing the majority of aspirations for their city I can be excused from not knowing how this would go down. Very sad... now it makes sense why Plymouth has always underachieved.

Too many dimwitted superfans reeled in by brent with silly hats n titles............... as predicted. The Trust WG plans were the way forward but as Pasoti led the fight to support the clusterfuck, it is they who will be remembered as sell outs and small minded janners................. they will revel in !it , like  pig pig pig pig in shit. 'James says the figures don't add up and we believe the banker !'

Plymouth gets what Plymouth deserves.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptySat 18 Jan 2014, 10:13

Breeze blocks are going for £1.59 a go in B&Q.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptySat 18 Jan 2014, 10:15

akagreengull wrote:
Breeze blocks are going for £1.59 a go in B&Q.

Cue an auction to pay for them ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptySat 18 Jan 2014, 11:40

Work begins on speccy's, argyle bus shelter with attached village in september! ITS FOOKIN IMINENT I TELLS EEH ffs! Sleep  Sleep  Sleep  Sleep  Sleep  cheers it wont happen, a three sided ground and be grateful!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC EmptySat 18 Jan 2014, 11:59

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Work begins on speccy's, argyle bus shelter with attached village in september! ITS FOOKIN IMINENT I TELLS EEH ffs! Sleep  Sleep  Sleep  Sleep  Sleep  cheers it wont happen, a three sided ground and be grateful!

As long as I can get a pint of decent real ale somewhere in the new Gnome Park everything will be good.
Praise be the great James the saviour.

sarcasm 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Brent Q&A on BBC   James Brent Q&A on BBC Empty

Back to top Go down

James Brent Q&A on BBC
Page 1 of 1