Tringreen
Rollo Tomasi
akagreengull
argyl3
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:43 am

Person Of Interest wrote:
nikkk wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
So when HHP goes tits up what are the ramifications for you?

Be honest

And the real point is and I imagine the most important thing ...I'm an Argyle fan !! so why the f..k all the negative s..t ??

A very unlike nikkk response. I wonder which one of the exclusive silly hat brigade has borrowed nikkk's ATD login?

Take your pick.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 11:03 am

They played their ace card last night, the freebie man that the pasoti sheep adore, but the sheep are taking no notice of the shepherds or the farmer. The truth is filtering out to them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 11:15 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Person Of Interest wrote:
nikkk wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
So when HHP goes tits up what are the ramifications for you?

Be honest

And the real point is and I imagine the most important thing ...I'm an Argyle fan !! so why the f..k all the negative s..t ??

A very unlike nikkk response. I wonder which one of the exclusive silly hat brigade has borrowed nikkk's ATD login?

Take your pick.

Interestingly the IP address is completely different to the usual one that Nikkk used previously.

Still, only freaks and weirdos would have a shared account wouldn't they  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 12:51 pm

Anyone else get a feeling that a second administration for Argyle is on the cards in the not so far off future ?.

Baby Face Johnson writes on PASOTI.

''tis a tad disconcerting though when Mr Starnes categorically states "there is no Plan B" and nothing has been said since to alleviate any fears we may have''.

While Quintrell_Green states

''Well, in the proggy for the Swansea and Yoevil game it states under Argyle News that 'an update on the Grandstand development will be provided at the first Fans Forum'. That will be both illuminating, and the subsequent questions will be of great interest''.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 1:54 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Anyone else get a feeling that a second administration for Argyle is on the cards in the not so far off future ?.

Baby Face Johnson writes on PASOTI.

''tis a tad disconcerting though when Mr Starnes categorically states "there is no Plan B" and nothing has been said since to alleviate any fears we may have''.

While Quintrell_Green states

''Well, in the proggy for the Swansea and Yoevil game it states under Argyle News that 'an update on the Grandstand development will be provided at the first Fans Forum'. That will be both illuminating, and the subsequent questions will be of great interest''.

That'll be the go ahead for the lighthouse in the corner then!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 2:10 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
I guess Nikk's login has gone the way of so many others, a trinket to be shared about amongst the "faithful" that are left in the trenches with Brenty. Nik has always answered questions before, in retrospect it's a matter of judgement how accurately they were answered, these responses just don't seem authentic.

Surely from day 1 owners being chauffeured around by the hoi polloi just didn't ring true, football club owners regard fans as a necessary evil...don't they...to be tolerated and stroked from a distance and fans with half a brain know that, they certainly don't "have a dream" of one day being the club president. If Porky HAD been asking probing, awkward questions, two things are certain, he wouldn't have been given any answers and Brenty would have made different travelling arrangements even if he was saving a few bob on the petrol.

Porky has a great talent for rewriting history and is doing it again in claiming to be an ordinary Joe. How about when he was the fan's "liaison" or "rep" at the grandstand planning stage, not that there was any chance of him sharing any knowledge gained with any of the real ordinary Joe's, it was only brought out later, as an aside, to demonstrate his Oh so important place in the pecking order.

The Plymouth Argyle I have put to one side bears no resemblance to my Plymouth Argyle.

Absolutely, It stinks of another Greensleeves type account to be shared amonst the faithful for the purposes of shit stirring and trolling. If Nikkkkkkkkkk has allowed his login password to be intentionally used by others I'd be hugely disappointed in him. I've never met the man but the last time he came on here when FES was in trouble he seemed to be making a genuine attempt to answer questions honestly even if some of what he said didn't turn out the way he'd hoped it would and for his apparent honesty and willingness to come on to ATD I respected him. Last night his posting style seemed completely different  Suspect  maybe it was too much wine, hopefully he can come back on tonight and lay my suspicions to rest.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 2:12 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
No wonder we are behind other major Cities.....

"major Cities" ???????

Guffaw!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 2:19 pm

Some good points from PL2 3DQ over on PASOTI

Plan B could include...

1: Marketing the stadium for naming rights, Oldham recently received around £1m over five years. This could pay-off the balloon payment.

2: The land at each end of the grandstand should be utilised, Bobby's Garden could be a gym belonging to a national chain and perhaps link in with the stadium naming rights. Facing outwards it would be used 7 days a week and also used by the players and aside of the financial windfall for the club the deal could include club offices.
The end where the Chisholm Lounge is sited could be a leisure shop.

3: The pitch could be sold and owned by the fans, just like Chelsea have done. The Chelsea Pitch Owners raised £1.7m, we will not come near that but £100,000 would be welcome and the future of the pitch (and stadium would be protected), £100 a share would need 1,000 fans. Do-able?

4: The grandstand is in desperate need of a overhaul, I would find out about Lottery, Sport England, Heritage and European grants to see if they can fund anything. The PCC may also have a heritage and leisure funding pot that could be tapped into.

5: JB opens up a share situation and takes on more directors and partners.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 2:21 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
No wonder we are behind other major Cities.....

"major Cities" ???????

Guffaw!

Well, Plymouth is way behind places like Bristol for instance..
Back to top Go down
LeoHoward

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 4:02 pm

I see this Nikkkk character is still in the background backing James Brent terrible development. This is a free speech forum Mr Nikkkkkk, unlike your friends Toadying Forum for self advancement.. Posters on this forum Care about the club not sitting next to the owner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 4:38 pm

So the Nickkkkkk account now is now a suspected multi account !!?
This shit get's more ripe with every passing day.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 5:18 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
So the Nickkkkkk account now is now a suspected multi account !!?
This shit get's more ripe with every passing day.

Skkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkint jocolor  lol!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 5:49 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

Plan B could include...

1: Marketing the stadium for naming rights, Oldham recently received around £1m over five years. This could pay-off the balloon payment.

2: The land at each end of the grandstand should be utilised, Bobby's Garden could be a gym belonging to a national chain and perhaps link in with the stadium naming rights. Facing outwards it would be used 7 days a week and also used by the players and aside of the financial windfall for the club the deal could include club offices.

3: The pitch could be sold and owned by the fans, just like Chelsea have done. The Chelsea Pitch Owners raised £1.7m, we will not come near that but £100,000 would be welcome and the future of the pitch (and stadium would be protected), £100 a share would need 1,000 fans. Do-able?

4: The grandstand is in desperate need of a overhaul, I would find out about Lottery, Sport England, Heritage and European grants to see if they can fund anything. The PCC may also have a heritage and leisure funding pot that could be tapped into.

Not really...

Wouldn't Argyle actually have to own the stadium to decide what it gets called, same for selling off the pitch?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Rickler wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Plan B could include...

Not really...

Wouldn't Argyle actually have to own the stadium to decide what it gets called, same for selling off the pitch?

Good points you make.

Perhaps JB and the Council can split the income that a sponsored Grandstand would generate, just a thought like.

I do like the proposal about looking at the possibility of lottery money, Sport England etc.

Not to sure about the idea of fans buying the pitch though.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 6:35 pm

I don't see why the Lottery, etc would fund the building of a retail park or help renovate a business' building?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 6:48 pm

spowell92 wrote:
I don't see why the Lottery, etc would fund the building of a retail park or help renovate a business' building?

I was thinking more about a new Grandstand without the retail side. If Argyle could get help building a new Grandstand that is to the liking of everybody, there would be no need for a retail side to it.

I agree Argyle need a bigger Grandstand than what is on offer and also a Granstand that is free from Brent's side projects that he wants attached to the Damn thing.

The need for a Grandstand that can generate income on non-match days is a higher priority for Argyle than Brent wanting shops, restaurants and a cinema dotted here, there and everywhere.

Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 7:01 pm

That comes under the "or" Village. Why would the lottery pay for us to have a new stand? Argyle are a business that has one building which could do with sprucing up, why would anyone not benefiting from any development invest money for said development?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 7:12 pm

spowell92 wrote:
That comes under the "or" Village. Why would the lottery pay for us to have a new stand? Argyle are a business that has one building which could do with sprucing up, why would anyone not benefiting from any development invest money for said development?

Argyle would have to prove to the lottery or Sport England etc that the new Grandstand will be a beneficial commodity to the wider community as a whole.

I believe it is worth a look at the idea and if it comes to nothing, at least Argyle tried that option.

Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 7:32 pm

While the ground isn't an asset of community value, I highly doubt that it's any where near a viable option. If it was we could have just asked them kindly to buy the club in the first place, or to just pay off the balloon payment.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 12:38 am

Another 'about turn'. Thought he hated 'egg chasers' and was dead against ground sharing ? Anything to get the ministand built eh ?

pig 
Here's one.

Albion move to Home Park, the land at Brickfields gets sold, and the landlord puts the money towards the new stand.

sPOWELL92
If a ground share meant we could cover the balloon payment and replicate the success of the likes of Hull and Swansea then I wouldn't be bothered one bit. Home Park and the surrounding area would be a fantastic setting for a South West sporting hub IMO.

pig 
Zactly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 1:26 am

Albion dont need to groundshare with Argyle as much as Argyle need them too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 1:29 am

spowell92 wrote:

they wont fund that in anyway. If it was an community project, art or sporting perhaps but never for shops and nandos.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 9:35 am

Exactly Angry. Perhaps if we trade the ministand for a grandstand and be willing to share Home Park with Albion. Then add to the life centre and Home Park to make the area home to the Basketball team and perhaps even an Ice Hockey side? Maybe even take the initiative when it comes to applying for grants and offer something unique. Curling for example proved a popular and captivating event at the recent winter Olympic games, yet there is only one Ice Curling Rink in England! Then grant money might become available.

The University of Worcester has a new off campus "Worcester Arena" which is pretty decent sports hall and gym that is also home the Worcester Wolves basketball team and the GB men's (and I think women's) wheelchair basketball as well as University and community events. I think it cost about £15m to build the arena and the University received a tonne of money from the Olympic legacy fund as well as many other trusts and fundraising schemes for it.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 9:49 am

I would be happy to see Albion share Home Park if we could have a new Grandstand with out  none of the nonsense the non developer proposed, makes sense to use the stadium every week, perhaps if we get a proper owner this might happen? it centainly wont at the minute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:47 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I would be happy to see Albion share Home Park if we could have a new Grandstand with out  none of the nonsense the non developer proposed, makes sense to use the stadium every week, perhaps if we get a proper owner this might happen? it centainly wont at the minute.

Can you see nool being happy to share a pizza let alone his club's (lets face it the club is being moulded in his image atm) staium with a team he spent a great deal slating?

let alone albion having an influence on the stadium too ie murals Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

bid to take development project from James Brent
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next