akagreengull
argyl3
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
argyl3

argyl3

bid to take development project from James Brent Empty
PostSubject: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Be interested to see how this pans out..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:15 am

Dominos all lined up ready to tip - is this the the first one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:21 am

Yes. But its not the first domino to fall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:37 am

I like dominos. Especially the Texas BBQ large.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:12 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
What were first Frank? Notice not on pisspoti as per the norm - obviously sifted again!!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:34 am

Methinks the lip will be all of a quiver this morning.
 lol 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:53 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
What were first Frank? Notice not on pisspoti as per the norm - obviously sifted again!!

I would say that the Akkeron hotels collapse, followed by having to go cap in hand to Wrathall and then the Civic Centre debacle were the first domino's to fall. Plus the HHP failure and the approval for Bretonside if I was being picky. Apart from that mate, I would say that everything is on course for Brenty boy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 11:10 am

lets protest the torbay council and save HHP

#wallofcolour #stripesareback  :greenrave: 
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 11:39 am

The seriousness of this seems to have escaped the Clown Newells on the other channel. He's turned it into a joke. Useful idiots indeed.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:08 pm

Dear oh dear.......... jamboys til the bitter end. History will remember them as dimwitted but ambitious janners, who devoted themselves to the fine gentleman, rattled buckets, suppressed criticism and ultimately sold out the club they purport to love, for their hour in the spotlight. He has played them for the insidious fools they truly are.

More 'moaners'.....on Napoleon's Farm. He'll throw a hissy soon. Sulk 

'That just shows how far were behind when it comes to really focusing on the detail. 3 subs and a kick about is South West peninsula standard stuff.

Exactly. It's a minor observation but every other team we play seem to see half time as a crucial opportunity to get their subs pumped-up, fine tuned and ready to go. It's embarrassing watching our kids left completely to their own devices and just generally mucking about.
If that's happening on a match day, half way through a live game in front of spectators then it doesn't paint a confident picture of our training standards generally.'
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 1:40 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

I would say that the Akkeron hotels collapse, followed by having to go cap in hand to Wrathall and then the Civic Centre debacle were the first domino's to fall. Plus the HHP failure and the approval for Bretonside if I was being picky. Apart from that mate, I would say that everything is on course for Brenty boy!

To be fair Bretonside doesn't even have a Planning Application let alone approval.

On a brighter note the Millbay Boulevard has been started.

### 'erald link ###

Sure JB won't fail with the development past the Pavillions, although he does have to deliver an Ice Rink before he can start that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:40 pm

I think those with only 2 legs are starting to see the light over on the farm.

The soooper 4 legged fan is starting to get a bit if a verbal bashing.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:42 pm

Look out ! Nool has started popping at Graham Clark now....................

Is this the beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning ?

All we need now is a rallying missive from bean head  cheers 

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:48 pm

green_genie wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

To be fair Bretonside doesn't even have a Planning Application let alone approval.

On a brighter note the Millbay Boulevard has been started.

### 'erald link ###

Sure JB won't fail with the development past the Pavillions, although he does have to deliver an Ice Rink before he can start that.

Bretonside does need a facelift though, it is an eyesore.

If you look at Bristol, they revamped their coach station and i have to say it looks a good job.

Plymouth has great potential, but lacks the effort to do anything. No wonder we are behind other major Cities.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:35 pm

I love the way the fat controller fels that JBs totally unfunded bid was better than other bidders who also didn't have any money. What's the difference? I asked at the time and he didn't know then and three years later he still hasn't worked it out. We should have all resisted JBs bid because it was no better than the ex director or Heaney or even Buttivant FFS! If we hadn't have been misled by the snooper fans we probably would be a skint fan owned club but in my eyes better off and with much more credibility than we do with a wanker like Brent, he's a feckin buffoon.
And that Mr. Newell is why I am choosing to stay away I have more principles than you, that's not hard you don't have any, wanker.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 5:24 pm

This made me laugh

nikkk

At the risk of breaking confidences I have sat in the car with Ian and James on very many occasions and Ian by no stretch of the imagination could be called a sycophant or cheerleader. I have cringed many times at the probing and questioning that James gets from Ian.

by the way nikkk I am  sorry  to see the boards are nearly gone, only the inside of the devonport end are still standing.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 5:41 pm

I certainly would not like to be in a car being probed by a forum owner.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 5:44 pm

Iggy wrote:
I love the way the fat controller fels that JBs totally unfunded bid was better than other bidders who also didn't have any money. What's the difference? I asked at the time and he didn't know then and three years later he still hasn't worked it out. We should have all resisted JBs bid because it was no better than the ex director or Heaney or even Buttivant FFS! If we hadn't have been misled by the snooper fans we probably would be a skint fan owned club but in my eyes better off and with much more credibility than we do with a wanker like Brent, he's a feckin buffoon.
And that Mr. Newell is why I am choosing to stay away I have more principles than you, that's not hard you don't have any, wanker.

We will never know what Heaney or even Buttivant would have brought to the club and team. It may have been better than what we have now though.

Sadly, we are where we are and it looks like we will be where we are for an age..

When i first started following Argyle [May 1981] we were an ok to good Division Three team, who had never been relegated to Division Four and flirted with Division Two now and again [i can remember when we demonstrated in the open DE against one Boardroom member (the constant chant was Daniel out) during a mediocre Division Three match and twas even mentioned in the Sunday Independent...].

Over the years [since Dan the Man], that has changed greatly and not for the better i add, especially the chaos of the latter Stapleton era..

It is fanciful to hope a rich oligarch will come to the rescue, riding on a white horse and lift the club to its proper potential. I wish something like that would happen. When i look at smaller clubs like Doncaster Rovers, Huddersfield Town, Scunthorpe United et al, it makes me pig sick to see Argyle where they are now.

We have the potential to be a bigger fish with the right guidance and backing, will it ever happen, i doubt it.

Going back to the dark days, i heard that the Japanese were willing to put the money into Argyle, but Stapleton/Gardener et al were not. How true that is i do not know..

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:30 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 5:45 pm

seadog wrote:
I certainly would not like to be in a car being probed by a forum owner. lol!  lol!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:00 pm

Hello, someone has been receiving iffy phone calls today...

RWW wrote:
IJN wrote:

Funnily enough Graham, when I meet friends at Argyle, they mostly say 'Can't be bothered with Pasoti, it's just a load of miserable bollocks'.

As for the site being anti anything, I've seen nothing deleted, the site is what people want to talk about.

I've been called a sycophant, a hanger on and a Cheerleader in the last few hours, fair comment, or personal attack?

How would you describe your roll then Ian?

Apologies if I have offended you but you language on this thread is hardly the stuff if Mary Poppins.

I've started to get anonymous phone calls today. Anyone know how to find out who is phoning me?

You have offended me, I get deeply hurt at being called a sycophant, I can't think of anyone less fitting for that name. I am most definitely my own man and will not be brow beaten and dictated to by anyone.

I have no role, I'm an Argyle fan who has accidentally found himself close to the current owner and Chairman. I have sought no role nor want any. I can think of nothing worse than becoming part of 'football'. I'm a fan, I think like a fan, and will never understand what 'football' means within the industry which calls itself 'football'.

As for your phone calls, I have no idea why you should say that, or are you suggesting I have magic powers as well as being a cheerleader and sycophant.

You referred in one of your other nasty (other site type) posts as being a dog of war and suggesting something deeper.

I worked with many people, including Graham Clark, Peter Ryan, Jamie Yablsey, Ian De Lar, Chris Webb and even Mr Petrie. Nobody as far as I know did anything they would be ashamed of.

I think perhaps if you're not one of them, you've been reading the fantasies on another site.

What next for RWW i wonder, a letter in the post from a Cornish Solicitor   Shocked 

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:08 pm

"I'm an Argyle fan who has accidentally found himself close to the current owner and Chairman"

laugh laugh laugh 
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:20 pm

Tgwu wrote:
This made me laugh

nikkk

At the risk of breaking confidences I have sat in the car with Ian and James on very many occasions and Ian by no stretch of the imagination could be called a sycophant or cheerleader. I have cringed many times at the probing and questioning that James gets from Ian.

by the way nikkk I am  sorry  to see the boards are nearly gone, only the inside of the devonport end are still standing.

It's a telling anecdote from Our Nikkkk

Mr Newell has said ad infinitum when challenged that his cosy chauffeuring of the fragrant Mr Brent doesn't include idle chit chat about Argyle letting alone giving James a right royal probing.

I'm sorry you cannot be classed as an ordinary fan when you are ferrying the Chairman around the country and have a constant presence in the Directors box.

At least it's a first in football for Argyle for how many other clubs have a fan so intimate with the club Chairman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:46 pm

Tgwu wrote:
This made me laugh

nikkk

Was that really necessary ? We are both supporters of Argyle I presume ?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 9:40 pm

With regard to nuisance, unwanted or anonymous phone calls, we went to BT as our service provider and reported these calls, they put us on to their caller display service. This is free for the first 12 months. As long as your phone has a small screen BT will display the number of every single caller and it's up to you whether you answer or not. If a call has a withheld number, your phone will say so. It's unlikely anybody you wish to speak to would withhold their number, so all withheld numbers we either ignore, pick the phone up and walk away or just pick it up and put it straight back down again. BT also record all numbers calling you and will monitor the calls if necessary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:18 pm

nikkk wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
This made me laugh

nikkk

Was that really necessary ? We are both supporters of Argyle I presume ?

Watch out,

He,ll get his solicitors on to you!

pig 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bid to take development project from James Brent   bid to take development project from James Brent Empty

Back to top Go down

bid to take development project from James Brent
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next