The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Obadeyi back

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali



Posts : 7171
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 43
Location : Plymouth

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 16:40

Re-signed on loan the Bury winger has (yoda?)
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali



Posts : 7171
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 43
Location : Plymouth

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 16:41

Link-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 16:44

I quite liked him. Welcome aboard the goodship Mayflower.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 12636
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 35

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 16:48

shrewd re signing. Hopefully he will do the job for the month he is here for.
Back to top Go down
paulysalz



Posts : 19
Join date : 2012-12-02

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 16:53

He's eligible for 8 eight games too. I'm reasonably happy with this. I thought he wasn't quite as good as Lavery but better than this season's Banton.

One of those players that makes things happen around him, even if he doesn't seem to be fully in control.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Posts : 701
Join date : 2012-11-21
Location : http://nomad-forum.com/fudforum/

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 17:00

Yeah happy with this. Hopefully we can get him for looney should he do well
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Posts : 701
Join date : 2012-11-21
Location : http://nomad-forum.com/fudforum/

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 17:01

Longer I mean bloody phone lol
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 17:17

Maybe it's competition for Banton. If so, good move.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 18:17

Signing bury rejects indicates how low Brents Argyle have fallen, another bury manager decides this guy is surplus to requirement's and loans him to the big nothern club's yokel feeder team!Bury are twenty first in the fourth division and this bloke cant get a start! Somebody save us ffs!!!
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Posts : 879
Join date : 2014-02-07

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 18:35

Have you seen him play, Suffered?

I like him, good signing. Prefer him on the wing to upfront, so not sure it's a totally necessary signing, but he's an exciting footballer to watch.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 12636
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 35

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 18:53

Lavery isnt coming back here anytime soon if ever so time to move on look elsewhere. Tope has the speed and im sure will do the job. Certainly better than Banton at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 11861
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 18:57

Never say never
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 19:01

spowell92 wrote:
Have you seen him play, Suffered?

I like him, good signing. Prefer him on the wing to upfront, so not sure it's a totally necessary signing, but he's an exciting footballer to watch.
No spowelly, i'm not a regular at bury reserves, but i go when i can! Its another brent signing, short term and cheap.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Posts : 5032
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 60
Location : Tavistock area

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 19:02

spowell92 wrote:
Have you seen him play, Suffered?

I like him, good signing. Prefer him on the wing to upfront, so not sure it's a totally necessary signing, but he's an exciting footballer to watch.

I've seen him play quite a few times.Started pretty well,similar style to Bolasie and similar pattern in that he could briefly look like a world beater,then five minutes later like the third substitute for the Dog and Duck Sunday morning seventh division team.Can't say that he was really my cup of tea but then i never in my wildest dreams thought that Bolasie would ever play in the premier league.Does beg a question though-a few weeks ago Argyle had what seemed to be a reasonable outside chance of reaching the play offs with the almost universally acknowledged proviso that a striker of decent quality was acquired,yet we end up with a player who can't get into the Bury [occupying a lower position than Argyle] team.Why?

Anyway,good luck to him,lets hope he does the business.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Posts : 879
Join date : 2014-02-07

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 20:59

Suffered, the deal is as long as the FA will allow, so that's nothing to do with Brent. We know nothing of the finances involved with him either, so not sure how you draw the cheap conclusion. And he didn't hit it off with Bury, so what? He did with us and surely that's all that matters. Puncheon never hit it off with us, he hasn't done too badly...

Quit trying to twist this positive addition to the squad into your anti-Brent arguments. It degrades your arguments against him, it comes across as pretty desperate and weak.

Also, Greenskin. The fact that Bury are below us is kind of irrelevant - I understand where the argument comes from, I just don't agree with it. Adel Taraabt just made his Champions League debut for AC Milan last night, on loan from bottom of the Prem Fulham. Huddersfield were happy to take Damien Johnson off us. Last season Birmingham took Paul Caddis and Wes Thomas on loan from then League One Swindon and Bournemouth respectively. Point being, Loans don't always have to be to or from clubs in a lesser league position than your own.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Posts : 5545
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 21:16

stop trying to justify argyle's continued crapness !

BRENT OUT NOW !

Signing a bury reserve that's really broke the bank eh ? stroll on.


Last edited by Elias on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 21:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Posts : 5545
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 21:19

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
spowell92 wrote:
Have you seen him play, Suffered?

I like him, good signing. Prefer him on the wing to upfront, so not sure it's a totally necessary signing, but he's an exciting footballer to watch.
No spowelly, i'm not a regular at bury reserves, but i go when i can! Its another brent signing, short term and cheap.
lol! 

no point watching the current argyle, go watch Morecambe v Fleetwood reserves for the next 'wonder' signing  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 21:25

spowell92 wrote:
Suffered, the deal is as long as the FA will allow, so that's nothing to do with Brent. We know nothing of the finances involved with him either, so not sure how you draw the cheap conclusion. And he didn't hit it off with Bury, so what? He did with us and surely that's all that matters. Puncheon never hit it off with us, he hasn't done too badly...

Quit trying to twist this positive addition to the squad into your anti-Brent arguments. It degrades your arguments against him, it comes across as pretty desperate and weak.

Also, Greenskin. The fact that Bury are below us is kind of irrelevant - I understand where the argument comes from, I just don't agree with it. Adel Taraabt just made his Champions League debut for AC Milan last night, on loan from bottom of the Prem Fulham. Huddersfield were happy to take Damien Johnson off us. Last season Birmingham took Paul Caddis and Wes Thomas on loan from then League One Swindon and Bournemouth respectively. Point being, Loans don't always have to be to or from clubs in a lesser league position than your own.
Pretty desperate and weak? yep that sounds like brents ownership and running of plymouth argyle! the fact is this guy is a short term signing from bury reserves, i repeat bury reserves, twenty first in the fourth division!! we did not beat off man city and chelsea to make this deal.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 21:36

feckin tragic stuff sometimes on this forum.

"I haven't seen him play but he's shit as it fits with what I was going to post before I even clicked on a thread" just about sums up some people.

I've seen him play, he's not half bad.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Posts : 5545
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 21:42

im going on Saturday so will let you know what i think.

I just hope Morecambe reserves can play on without me !  lol! 

Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Posts : 879
Join date : 2014-02-07

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 21:42

Ugh, you have a go at those who support James Brent as being blinkered Green Tints who will see anything in a positive light. You are just as bad by seeing everything in such a negative light Suffered, and Elias. Get your head's out of the James Brent is the evil master of the universe mindset for a moment and look at it pragmatically.

Obadeyi is a good player, doesn't matter if he came from Manchester City, Swindon Town or the Antarctic, if he can improve the squad then its a good signing - regardless of finance, regardless of his background (although he does come with some decent acclaim as he was a very promising and highly anticipated youngster at Bolton who seemed to unfortunately fall away from the expectation). He's played for us before, he did well. The length of the contract is the maximum allowed, how you twist that to an anti-Brent agenda is beyond me and yes its a weak anti-Brent argument because its factually untrue and does smack desperation from your guy's corner. You want Brent to beat off Man City and Chelsea for signings? Get real and go form a real argument.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 21:55

spowelly, seriously, don't bother - you are wasting your breath. Many have tried but none can untie the gordian knot of negativity - they've become parodies of themselves.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Posts : 5545
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 22:00

if this is the BEST we can do and ive no doubt about it this IS the best we can get then quite frankly that's shameful.
6k + gates the envy of almost every club in this division and most the one above, sod the debts of yester year and a bury reserve on circa 400 quid a week is meant to be a decent signing then that tells me and shows me all I need to know.
if he was THAT good then no doubt our big rivals like Morecambe & Rochdale would snap him up!

its NOT the length of contract its the fact we should be aiming a bit higher, yes he may be an ok ish 4th div player but a reasonable championship reserve would put us in play off contention. brenty boy doesn't want that does he ?

brents argyle is a bloody joke - you know it and so do I.

brent out NOW !

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 22:02

hairy j wrote:
feckin tragic stuff sometimes on this forum.

"I haven't seen him play but he's shit as it fits with what I was going to post before I even clicked on a thread" just about sums up some people.

I've seen him play, he's not half bad.

He may be not half bad but the limited time I saw him he was less than half good - one of those wingers that you wind up and send him on his way down the wing. If you're lucky he looks up and crosses. If you're unlucky he runs into the fence.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Posts : 879
Join date : 2014-02-07

Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 22:12

Elias wrote:
if this is the BEST we can do and ive no doubt about it this IS the best we can get  then quite frankly that's shameful.
6k + gates the envy of almost every club in this division and most the one above, sod the debts of yester year and a bury reserve on circa 400 quid a week is meant to be a decent signing then that tells me and shows me all I need to know.
if he was THAT good then no doubt our big rivals like Morecambe & Rochdale would snap him up!

its NOT the length of contract its the fact we should be aiming a bit higher, yes he may be an ok ish 4th div player but a reasonable championship reserve would put us in play off contention. brenty boy doesn't want that does he ?

brents argyle is a bloody joke - you know it and so do I.

brent out NOW !


You know what, I've been seriously questioning Brent recently, but you've swayed me. I'm firmly supportive of the guy. Your nonsense arguments against him are so totally deluded I just cannot take a word you say seriously. We had Tom Hitchcock on loan from Blackburn before, the championship reserve that will automatically be amazing no matter what according to you. Yet hang on, he hardly lit the world alight did he... It doesn't matter who SHERIDAN signs, you'll continue to blame Brent. We could sign Ronaldo and you'd be pissed that we didn't get Messi. You've got a clear agenda, we get it, but it's warped your entire outlook on everything.

I'm going to take Hairy's advice now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Obadeyi back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Obadeyi back
Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: