Han Solos Other Ship
paulysalz
Chemical Ali
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

Obadeyi back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 7:32 pm

Fair play SP. I'm led to believe this is a church for all. If you can reply that like without taking offence then I'm sure a pew is yours.

Prepare for incoming though, quite rightly if they disagree with you.

BTW it is possible to draw comparisons between a Bury reject and the development we're set for. Whatever you think about him, this signing is someone who has been let go by Bury. It hardly sets the pulse racing. Our net attendance (minus the 2,000 used to pay the historical debt) puts us 16th in league one. We should be investing more.....or Sheridan has spunked the money...?

We are under achieving.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 7:42 pm

Maybe wotton and chadwick are on championship wages ! The money is going somewhere.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 8:54 pm

We have had a lot of problems lately with posters arguing and diverting threads. This has resulted in some posters even leaving the site and can't go on. The mods have had a discussion and we have decided to post a set of rules that will be enforced if necessary. Posters will be warned and suspended/banned as follows.

1) Warning.

2) Second warning and a 24 hour cooling off period.

3) Final warning and ban for a week.

4) Permanent ban.

If you feel that you are being provoked into an argument please contact one of the moderators and we will deal with it.

Basically - keep it on topic, Keep it reasonably civil without name calling, insults and getting personal Or else the above will come into effect.

Last edited by Person Of Interest on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 9:20 pm

Obadeyi is a good signing. As long a contract as possible which is good to see, not sure if he could be possibly resigned again on a similar contract or not? Anybody know the rules with that? He certainly carries some flaws, but I like his direct style to get the ball further up the pitch through pace and trickery. His decision making once he reaches the opposition box is sometimes questionable, but at least by then he's got the ball and the team higher up the field and playing a lot more positively. Hopefully his energetic style will encourage a few others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 9:23 pm

Thank you, Spowell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 9:37 pm

They can now sign uncle Tom Cobbley for all i care.

This season is now officially over and i for one will not be going out of my way to waste any more of my hard earned following this underfunded ambitionless shower of shite all over the country this season.

I guess this signing is all about whether he can do a job for us next season, but having seen him 2 or 3 times earlier when he was on loan, apart from the York away game i thought he was pretty average and no better then what we had already.

Could be wrong of course.  popcorn 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 10:36 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
knecht wrote:
I think I've read that Banton has commented that the wages at Argyle aren't as good as elsewhere but the care that players & their families are given, combined with the great fans makes this a good place to come.

Here it is knecht, it's actually Branston praising Jimmy's competetive budget.   Rolling Eyes 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Banton ..... Branston ...... they're all the same.  clown 
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 10:51 pm

Far as I know you can't put Banton in a cheese sandwich.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Back on topic Pete FFS  Ban 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 12:25 am

Ban ton
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 6:46 am

Not really a great signing IMHO. He seems to be a hot and cold player, one minute he plays really good football and the next minute he looks total shite. Not the sort of player we need really, especially when have banton who has not really done much since his return.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 8:58 am

Think Thomas a better option than Tope.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 11:31 am

Person Of Interest wrote:

If you feel that you are being provoked into an argument please contact one of the moderators and we will deal with it

I'm not sure if you may wanna re-word that bit POI.

If not, and that is exactly how it was intended, then I'm afraid that is open house for whiny whinging types (or trolls just looking to shit-stir) to cry to teacher and manufacture a 'situation' at the drop of a hat.

We don't really want a slippery slope to Pasoti-like sanitisation, do we?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

If you feel that you are being provoked into an argument please contact one of the moderators and we will deal with it

If not, and that is exactly how it was intended, then I'm afraid that is open house for whiny whinging types (or trolls just looking to shit-stir) to cry to teacher and manufacture a 'situation' at the drop of a hat.

I had two joke warnings from this site due to me mentioning removed by admin who find's it funny to laugh at downsyndrome people, his protection by the mods over his continual bully boy attacks on angry tring myself and anyone who disagree's with the creep is laughable. i feel they are looking for a scapecoat, but i wont go quietly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 1:26 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I had two joke warnings from this site due to me mentioning that pcc employ a user of this site "hairyj" who find's it funny to laugh at downsyndrome people, his protection by the mods over his continual bully boy attacks on angry tring myself and anyone who disagree's with the creep is laughable. i feel they are looking for a scapecoat, but i wont go quietly.

BRENT OUT !!!!!!!!!! .........................only joking Suffered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 1:47 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

I had two joke warnings from this site due to me mentioning that pcc employ a user of this site "hairyj" who find's it funny to laugh at downsyndrome people, his protection by the mods over his continual bully boy attacks on angry tring myself and anyone who disagree's with the creep is laughable. i feel they are looking for a scapecoat, but i wont go quietly.

BRENT OUT  !!!!!!!!!!   .........................only joking Suffered.
The friends of the troll who run this site jack are looking for a scapecoat to show their authority, pehaps because i'm not a oh so clever university graduate or a leftwing liberal bed wetter they think i will be an easy target, because they dont have the bottle to take on the troll, they are very happy to lets this gutless greep insult me, but whine when i dish it back!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 1:54 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

The friends of the troll who run this site jack are looking for a scapecoat to show their authority, pehaps because i'm not a oh so clever university graduate or a leftwing liberal bed wetter they think i will be an easy target, because they dont have the bottle to take on the troll, they are very happy to lets this gutless greep insult me, but whine when i dish it back!

You'll be alright Suffered, take a few deeeeeep breaths, sit down, put your feet up and listen to the mighty Plymouth Argyle batter the Daggers 5-0 (Obadeyi hatrick)  cheers jocolor 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 1:57 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

You'll be alright Suffered, take a few deeeeeep breaths, sit down, put your feet up and listen to the mighty Plymouth Argyle batter the Daggers 5-0 (Obadeyi hatrick)   cheers jocolor 
Im fine jack, its the friend of the troll you need to worry about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 12:51 am

Elias wrote:
Maybe wotton and chadwick are on championship wages ! The money is going somewhere.

A) Signing Marvin Morgan, League One calibre striker
B) Signing Dominic Blizzard from League One level
C) Signing Reuben Reid from League One level
D) Signing Maxime Blanchard from League One level
E) Signing Jason Banton on permanent terms.
F) Matt Parsons too, both based on their previous Championship terms.
G) Having two well paid first team keepers.
H) Trying to stave clubs away from Tyler Harvey with decent professional terms.
I) Additional loans like Odabeyi, that keeper, and Paul Hayes.
J) Senior pros on the payroll, such as Branston, Wotton and the club captain Conor Hourihane.
K) Tempting other decent League Two players with increased terms e.g. Boco, Alessandra.

A lot of these are alien concepts to many teams in our league. Together our structure, decisions and overall strategy makes for a more expensive set up than I imagine most realise. Teams like Exeter aren't signing players like Blanchard from Tranmere. Or loaning players like Paul Hayes. They lose their hest out of contract players, rather than attract others at our level. We have some good ingredients here, we are just struggling to make it over achieve - which is what will be needed to achieve promotion.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 10:37 pm

Guest wrote:
spowell92 wrote:
Have you seen him play, Suffered?

I like him, good signing. Prefer him on the wing to upfront, so not sure it's a totally necessary signing, but he's an exciting footballer to watch.
No spowelly, i'm not a regular at bury reserves, but i go when i can! Its another brent signing, short term and cheap.

A good thread and quality post....... Watch Bury reserves now at home park lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 11:27 pm

Elias wrote:
Guest wrote:
spowell92 wrote:
Have you seen him play, Suffered?

I like him, good signing. Prefer him on the wing to upfront, so not sure it's a totally necessary signing, but he's an exciting footballer to watch.
No spowelly, i'm not a regular at bury reserves, but i go when i can! Its another brent signing, short term and cheap.

A good thread and quality post....... Watch Bury reserves now at home park lol

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 7:43 am

Who is that Jack Sheppard character? He sounds familiar? One things for certain we may have a new chairman and a makeover grandstand but feckk all changes in terms of signings.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 11:43 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Who is that Jack Sheppard character? He sounds familiar? One things for certain we may have a new chairman and a makeover grandstand but feckk all changes in terms of signings.

Rhymes with ‘Kes’. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 11:51 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Rhymes with ‘Kes’. Very Happy

Does ring a bell Cool
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 11:59 am

Just flcked back through this one...

Greenskin
Winter green
Spowell
Ejh
Hairy
Dick trickle

Times have certainly changed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obadeyi back   Obadeyi back - Page 3 Empty