GreenWhiteBlack
mouldyoldgoat
Mock Cuncher
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Just back   Just back EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Woohoo always wanted to do one of these, honest guv Laughing

After expecting us to be hammered for most of the match I was left quite suprised. We played some good football and deserved our goal.

First half was ours and we played some very good football at times, it was enjoyable to watch.

Second half was more scrappy and Cheltenham probably just about edged it on the balance of play.

We didn't deserve to lose this one, a draw would have been more than a fair result. If only we hadn't headed over and open goal from about 8 yards or the freekick had been just an inch the other side of the post.

Cheltenham were ugly, lots of shirt pulling and time wasting. Zebroski was a cheating sh#t.

We're making progress and if we play like that every week I really don't think we'll go down, but we certainly won't go up.

Back to top Go down

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:38 pm

Just read some comments on another board and they were much the same as your's. But, no matter how well you play it is the final score that counts even if there isn't much justice about it. For you who go to watch it is about entertainment as well but for the stay at home's it is just points lost. Another toughie next match as well.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:40 pm

0 points.

The two match winning 'spree' ends.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:08 pm

One sad thing for me is the only players I could name by face alone during the warm up were Chadwick, Purse and Cole.

I used to know pretty much every player by face, now I don't.

That's how unattached I feel from this club right now.
Back to top Go down

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm a speccy so I can't make out which one is which from a distance.......
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:25 pm

So am I sensible. I wish they had their names in bigger print on their shirts.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:31 pm

But then they would need bigger shirts to get some of the names on so the players would have to put on a bit of weight. Take Chadwick for instance. Oh hang on.......
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:15 pm

I was also the game, i didnt think we deserved much to be honest,they scored 2 and had 2 very good chances, Macca missed a sitter in the second half which could have equalised for us.

Fletchers tactics really do worry me, the most bizzarre last night being when he took Madjo off and brought Chadwick on when we were 2-1 down? Surely go two up front??!
Back to top Go down

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Listened to the radio coverage.

Encouraged by what sounded like positive attacking football, played with purpose over hope......worried by defensive frailities from set-pieces - which will see us lose more than win in League 2.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Encouraged by what sounded like positive attacking football, played with purpose over hope......worried by defensive frailities from set-pieces - which will see us lose more than win in League 2.

A most athletic first post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

And can I just say that this ISN'T Dane Laughing

Genuinely it isn't Laughing
Back to top Go down

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:05 pm

It will be the first new post in about 6 months that isn't then. Hi Innocent.
Back to top Go down

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:06 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Why thank you. I was quite fast in the 80s - like Calvin Plummer
Back to top Go down

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:08 pm

Iggy wrote:

Greetings Iggy.....no, I am certainly not Dane - or anyone else out to cause trouble.

I come in peace.
Back to top Go down

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:19 pm

Glad hear it welcome.
Back to top Go down

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Greetings Iggy.....no, I am certainly not Dane - or anyone else out to cause trouble.

I come in peace.

Welcome to the forum of the freaks and weirdos ----- Salute geek
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Yea Man wrote:

After expecting us to be hammered for most of the match I was left quite suprised. We played some good football and deserved our goal.

First half was ours and we played some very good football at times, it was enjoyable to watch.

Second half was more scrappy and Cheltenham probably just about edged it on the balance of play.

We didn't deserve to lose this one, a draw would have been more than a fair result. If only we hadn't headed over and open goal from about 8 yards or the freekick had been just an inch the other side of the post.

Cheltenham were ugly, lots of shirt pulling and time wasting. Zebroski was a cheating sh#t.

We're making progress and if we play like that every week I really don't think we'll go down, but we certainly won't go up.

Are we really pleased that we've suffered a narrow defeat against the might of Cheltenham? Didn't deserve to lose? Maybe not, but we did.

I suppose we were starting from a very low base, and to be fair, improvements have been made over the past few weeks, but come on, it's Cheltenham FFS.

If anyone mentions how lucky we are to have a club to support, I'm going to pull on my testicles really hard.
Back to top Go down

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:31 pm

But we are lucky to have a club.
Back to top Go down

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:36 pm

[quote="PlymptonPilgrim"]
Yea Man wrote:

Are we really pleased that we've suffered a narrow defeat against the might of Cheltenham? Didn't deserve to lose? Maybe not, but we did.

I suppose we were starting from a very low base, and to be fair, improvements have been made over the past few weeks, but come on, it's Cheltenham FFS.

If anyone mentions how lucky we are to have a club to support, I'm going to pull on my testicles really hard.[/quote]

I hope you're on a bus or a train, we are lucky to have a club to support PP Very Happy

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Feck, that really hurts. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:12 pm

PP, I know we lost, but we are lucky to have a club to support Smile
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Stop ya moaning. At least we still have a club to support!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:50 pm

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
I was also the game, i didnt think we deserved much to be honest,they scored 2 and had 2 very good chances, Macca missed a sitter in the second half which could have equalised for us.

Fletchers tactics really do worry me, the most bizzarre last night being when he took Madjo off and brought Chadwick on when we were 2-1 down? Surely go two up front??!
I'm in the camp that says we deserved a point. They had other chances but so did we. Over the balance of play I think it was equal and both teams played well.

However the Chadwick for Madjo sub was ridiculous. Chadwick just can't play the pro game anymore. He tries, but he's just useless. His foot is like a pinball, whatever he tries to do the ball just goes slicing in the opposite direction. I don't neccesarily think we should have gone 2 up front. Changing to 4-4-2 whilst meaning another main striker would negate the three attacking midfield players that a 4-2-3-1 offers. If anything he ought to have made no sub at all rather than bring Chadwick on, or ideally, tried a different option like Sims who's impressed me hugely whenever he's played. Sometimes less is more.
Back to top Go down

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Freathy wrote:
Stop ya moaning. At least we still have a club to support!

I hope you don't mind Freathy but I'm taking a screenshot of that post so I can frame it aand put it on my office wall lol!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:23 pm

At least we still have a club to support PP! Razz

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back   Just back Empty

Back to top Go down

Just back
Page 1 of 1