Beast_Guy
Hip Flask
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

York City match thread. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 7:36 pm

At least any nonsense about a play-off place looks completely ridiculous now.

The sending off was harsh. It was deffo a pen but red card? I'm not so sure.

After that it was all over bar the shouting and 0-4 in the end.

At least it wasn't bloody freezing cold.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Back, showered and ready to hit the curry house and boozer - anything to take the mind off that shower today!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Did I dweam it or are mahoosive, play offs chasing, Plimuff Arghpile just one point ahead of tiny weeaney, relegation threatened, Exeter City once again?

After watching the Chiefs come in second to Bath for like the 323rd time in a row them two results perked me up no end.

Cheers fellahs.

ps. Give it up with the constant whining, you've been on a more than decent run of late but this league and just about everybody in it are total gash, not so very long ago we went to Scunny and did them 4 nil, shit happens all the time at this level, get over it.

Last edited by Lord Tisdale on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Must agree with greenskin the linesman and ref were awful.The penalty ok maybe will watch highlights later but a red card I think not. Time for a change of clothes then out for a beer or five.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 9:10 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Must agree with greenskin the linesman and ref were awful.The penalty ok maybe will watch highlights later but a red card I think not. Time for a change of clothes then out for a beer or five.

Watched it on SSN earlier,looked like Trotman got a fair bit of the ball and the bloke took a really convincing dive,referee was totally conned.No way was it a red card either-there were defenders ready to cover the run that the forward made.Never did accept the notion that "decisions even themselves out over a period of time"-statistically they may do but in terms of timing and importance,the concept is nonsensical.Simple scenario-penalty awarded in the first minute and player sent off,team A score and take advantage thereafter for a 3-0 lead.Team B awarded penalty in injury time,player from team A sent off,total irrelevance to the outcome-some decisions are much more relevant than others.Sorry,those officials were shite today and their incompetence had a major bearing on the outcome of the match-their buffoonery was exemplified when the linesman failed to flag for a cross which curled out of play by at least a yard in the first half.Utterly clueless,don't know where they drag them up from-no wonder that managers sometimes get enraged by them.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Short version: Urrrrrrgh.

Long version (prepare to scroll down if the long reports aren't for you):

We were blooming awful. Comprehensively outplayed- we were active and tried to get the ball forward but we were so utterly hapless and lacking in confidence. We had that old weakness creep back into our game that we were more scared of failure than we were wanting to win the match. This negative mentality cost us and that combined with the fact that it was 11 vs 10 meant that York were well worth their win. 4-0 perhaps a smidgen harsh on us for the balance of play (possibly) but it's impossible to deny that York were far better than us and made their man count fully. We were partially so poor because they made us play badly. Tactically they were very sharp and always tried to make us pay by throwing lots of men forward on the break and didn't sit back too deep for us to have a go at them. However even in spite of that, we should have adapted better. With a bit more guts and a bit less headless panic we could have given them more of a game of it. Most of the players tried today but not many of them did anything especially useful and York knew exactly how to play us. Perhaps they're an outside bet for a late dash into the play-offs? Big improvements needed. We do lack a Plan B- we were on top until the sending off (which incidentally, I think was only a yellow as the ball was going away from goal but I'd like to see that again). After that however, we looked so so lost and were beaten by a better side.

Cole-5. Saw the worst of him today. Some good saves but also some very flappy command of area and I think Luke may have kept the third out as he wouldn't have stayed on his line. Would need to see that again though.

Blanchard-4. His defending was far from its normal good standards. As usual he refused to go out of his own half for fear of nosebleed. I rate him very highly as a defender but he's an extremely limited full-back.
Nelson-4. Saw the worst of him today too. The flappy player who never knows quite where to be in relation to the man he's supposed to be marking was back and always letting the striker away from him back. The calm, composed defender who kept them in his pocket was left in last week. Jekyll and Hyde.
Trotman- N/A. Oh dear. I don't think it was a red (but I admit it's very close). He did however slide in recklessly and give the ref a decision to make. I doubt he helped his cause with all the stick he and Hourihane were giving to the ref at the time.
Purrington-3. Sorry, he's a kid with great potential but if that was Reckord he'd be slated for that performance. Got skinned time and time again by the winger and his crossing was way off target (as was everyone's to be fair). Big potential and a big future but for me time for a rest and give Parsons a go if he's fit for Dagenham.

Blizzard-6. One of the very few to come out of it with an air of respectability. His reactions were sharp and he played the ball out of some awkward situations well. We looked our safest at the back with him at centre-back too. However, his natural lack of pace and slow though processes meant he was, as usual unable to win seconds balls against sharper opponents. He's not awful but by God I'd swap him for Lee Cox at a heartbeat. Bang average and inconsistent.
Hourihane-4. Crap game. He put himself about and tried to make things happen but, as was the way today, everything he tried went belly up. He was too deep inviting York onto us and wasn't high up enough when we tried to attack. Slipped back into his ponderous habits on the ball too.

Banton-2. He's not going to make it with us this time around I think. He's had one fairly good game for us and that was last week, even then he was the stand out worst player. Trouble is, we play with a higher tempo than last season. Last season he could sit behind Reid, ghost about and pick up loose balls before curling a shot from range. This season we play at a much higher tempo and thus he's become useless. When we played at such a slow tempo and played so many long balls into space he was very good- he could just have the occasional burst of pace when picking up the ball, get us up the pitch a bit and possibly score. Nowadays, we're attempting to play the match at a higher pace over 90 minutes with the whole team being involved in short, sharp direct passes up the pitch with him being a cog in that process. He's far too lackadaisical to play that role by half. So we either change the whole style that was doing well before he came in or we accept that he's our weak link, we drop him and tell him to buck his ideas up/change his ways. I know this sounds harsh but he's been consistently our worst player in 2014 and there's no point glossing over it.
Boco-7 MOTM. For me did well, if this was the first game of the season I think he'd be earmarked as 'one of the bright ones'. He was the only one who looked like making an attacking run or a pass that would open their defence up. We weren't so bad with him on.
Alessandra-4. Started lively. Got in the game less and less as it went on. Don't think he was involved in literally anything in the last 20 minutes. Poor.

Reid-4. Similar to Lewi. Had a decent first half but ran so far out of steam that he was anonymous by the end. If had consistency he'd be so good. Was superb last week and was into 'head down' mode today.

Thomas-2. Sorry, I like him, he seems really dedicated and committed to improving both himself and the club. But my lord he was bad. Literally every single thing he tried to do went disastrously wrong and gave the ball straight to York. He's usually a good impact sub but not today. Typical of our performance today.
Berry-4. He got down the line reasonably well but I don't think I've ever seen such tame attempts at crossing.

Blergh blergh blergh, basically. So many things went wrong. The subs were wrong (as Sheridan admitted). Our set pieces were atrocious. Why didn't Morgan get 15 minutes to improve his match fitness at the end? We looked desperate, as if we were really trying but also so sedative and sluggish at the same time. It was like watching your 65 year old narcoleptic elder relative trying to do a jigsaw puzzle in record time. I don't think we should extrapolate this to suddenly say that Sheridan is terrible and it's all dreadful because I don't think that's right. We're in a transition season which imo means some good runs of form and some bad. Some good games and some bad. We're not going up, we're not going down. Days like this are utterly crap and I'm sure Sheridan will have told him so. I'm also sure he'll have them out playing a lot better than today at Dagenham next week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Why are these referees allowed to 'ave a go'. The first decision he had to make, bollocks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 10:11 pm

Banton should of been off the moment we were down to ten....just a luxury we couldn't afford.

We did seem to get him rather easily second time around....was he just a flook first time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Just back from the boozer. Was there a game today?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 1:38 am

Saw we were a man and goal down at 1515 didnt bother to check score again.
4 nil ! Ffs. Woeful
Brent out.
Only a fool would have thought about reaching play offs.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 1:46 am

We have 39 points with 16 games to go. Assuming 68 points will notch 7th place* we need 29 more points.

10W + any other 6
9W 2D 5L
8W 5D 3L
7W 8D 1L

Not impossible but very unlikely and getting unlikelier every week.

*It might not.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:21 am

First view of the directors box in a while

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do I detect a quivering lip?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:51 am

Cobi. You know... can I just... you see... I just can't be bothered. What do you watch when you go to Home Park?

Reid played quite well, Blizzard was 100% at fault for the second (and killer goal) as he was so deep and allowed a yawning space to develop in the box. Cole saved at least two certain goals - it could have been six. Hourihane tried to get every York player sent off after we went down to ten and I'm surprised he didn't actually walk himself - he was in the ref's face non-stop. I'm not sure what Berry is supposed to be - he's absolutely not a right winger/midfield player. Banton was anonymous but had our only shot ontarget in the first half - he won't beat seven players and score in every game - people seem to think he can.

What a dreadful game that was yesterday. Nothing went right - we even gave away a foul throw - that never happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:58 am

Chubby, Speccy wanker. He's only wondering how he can shave the Ministand to make it fit into his ever dwindling budget, I'm expecting a major announcement soon that Asders are moving into blocks 13, 14, 15 and 16 as we don't really use them nowadays, when the need arises these blocks could then go to Sainsburies or even Waitrose, imagine that Mother in law and the wife could go shopping whilst the men watch an hour of five a side before they go into the lounge to watch the rugger. Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Highlights?

Shocking shocking defending
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Dougie wrote:

Damon does anyone in this pic look familiar to you?

Last edited by Angry on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 1:39 pm

I still don't see that as a penalty. The ball moved where Trotman was kicking it. Blizzard - jesus. Awful defending - man of the match eh Cobi? I didn't see the last goal as I was outside. Glad I didn't. Nice vest though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Damon does anyone in this pic your familiar to you?

I'll translate for Damon.

Do you recognise any of the people in this picture?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 2:01 pm

hairy j wrote:

What a dreadful game that was yesterday. Nothing went right - we even gave away a foul throw - that never happens.

Nothing goes right when you're not good enough. Simple really. Bad teams usually blame the officials and their awful luck.
No surprise either that with McCormick missing, Argyle are getting trounced at home again. What with Lavery gone, it just goes to show Argyle have only been two players away from a bad team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 2:04 pm

The officials were really bad yesterday. Not an excuse but they were. I'm fairly unbiaised in that respect but they were feckin awful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 2:04 pm

hairy j wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:

When you were little and you read "Light the blue touch paper & stand back" or "Wet paint", did you hold the firework in your hand or touch it anyway?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 2:08 pm

Sparksy & Chris Webb in the commentary said that if that had happened at the other end we would have been shouting for a penalty.

I think that the absence of Trotman - one of our top players of the season - as well McCormick must have had an impact on the final score. It's a waste of time pondering what would have happened if they were there but the conjecture is inevitable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 2:11 pm

knecht wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:

When you were little and you read "Light the blue touch paper & stand back" or "Wet paint", did you hold the firework in your hand or touch it anyway?

he always reads the instructions for every game he plays from twister to guitar hero before playing. Thankfully the block function works a treat with this fishing fishing troll fishing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 2:12 pm

Angry wrote:
knecht wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:

he always reads the instructions for every game he plays from twister to guitar hero before playing. Thankfully the block function works a treat with this fishing fishing troll fishing 

.... and how was it you got your username?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 2:32 pm

knecht wrote:
Angry wrote:
knecht wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:

.... and how was it you got your username?

Angry of Mayfair was on the tele at the time. How did you come to get yours?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

York City match thread.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next