Dick Trickle
Mock Cuncher
Beast_Guy
Hip Flask
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

York City match thread. Empty
PostSubject: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Plymouth Argyle manager John Sheridan told BBC Radio Devon:
"I know Nigel [York City manager Nigel Worthington] very well, having played with him a long time at Sheffield Wednesday. He is a good, experienced manager.
"He will probably be saying the same thing to his team that I'm saying, and that is, 'if you get a few wins quickly, then you can find yourself in a healthy position and the table looks a little bit different.'
"There is a bit of a gap to the top seven, but we will look to get into the play-offs."

You could have heard it on ATD first but the bastard chose to speak to Radio Devon.  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 5:53 pm

no witty thread title Knecht thats why he shunned us :O

i got this down as game called off as the wind if it remains tomorrow will have the game cancelled. If however it does go ahead draw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 6:50 pm

I hate the supposedly witty match thread titles, imo it's just as pathetic as the twatter team sheet.  Evil or Very Mad 

At about 5pm i saw the York City squad walking through the City Centre, a physically impressive bunch who looked more like a rugby team than a football team, let's hope football talent overcomes brawn or we could struggle.
Back to top Go down
Hip Flask

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 10:17 pm

So the York team are in Plymouth, no danger the game is off due to them not being able to travel then, this game will go ahead. 6000 faithfuls will see us ground out a 2-1 win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 10:59 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
I hate the supposedly witty match thread titles, imo it's just as pathetic as the twatter team sheet.  Evil or Very Mad 

At about 5pm i saw the York City squad walking through the City Centre, a physically impressive bunch who looked more like a rugby team than a football team, let's hope football talent overcomes brawn or we could struggle.

now you said im going to keep it up Cool 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 11:03 pm

Sorry, folks, no supposedly witty match thread title intended. I just thought I'd keep it neat as it seemed to belong to tomorrow's great event.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Angry wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:

now you said im going to keep it up Cool 

I'd expect nothing less from you.  clown 
Back to top Go down
Beast_Guy

Beast_Guy

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:32 pm

Expecting at 2-0 or 3-0 win today
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 1:10 pm

I'm not going. The money I have saved this year so-far has enable me to get a new lens for my DSLR. rabbit 
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 1:13 pm

Cheese Chasers v Wycombe, and Bury v Gas both postponed.

Seems alright in Pompey for Womble Jnrs, but windy (windy as fook last night) but nothing extravo.

We've got 2 games in hand on York and 3 points more. At home we should bury them but they did beat Fleetwood in their last away game.

Nigel Worthington's stock has fallen pretty far.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Missing comms for this as have to attend a children's birthday party (3-5pm). Bloody inconsiderate. Important game this to give us any chance of bridging that gap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 1:21 pm

ice clear weather today so GAME ON  cheers cheers 

Argyle win today 2-0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 1:24 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Missing comms for this as have to attend a children's birthday party (3-5pm). Bloody inconsiderate. Important game this to give us any chance of bridging that gap.

Welcome to ATD

A small island of sanity in a sea of Avivas
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Indeed Punchy and thank you.

I sense that shares in popcorn will be rising over the next 6 months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:07 pm

the team

Jake; Le Max, Delboy, 111, Baby Ben; Lewi, Snowy, Our Conor, Batman; RR, King of Benin

subs

Durrell, MM, Southway Suarez, Tyro, Doubtful, Westcountry Messi, Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:10 pm

in english

Cole, Blanchard, Trotman, Nelson, Purrington, Alessandra, Blizzard, Hourihane, Banton, Reid, Bocco

Subs

Berry, Morgan, Young, Harvey, Thomas, Gurrieri, Dawson

Last edited by Angry on Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:

You could always listen to it on your phone with a set of earphones, beats listening to a pack of screaming kids..............unless the commentary team is Sparksy and Webby, if so just listen to the screaming kids !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:19 pm

Angry wrote:
the team

Jake; Le Max, Delboy, 111, Baby Ben; Lewi, Snowy, Our Conor, Batman; RR, King of Benin

subs

Why is Nelson 111?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:23 pm

Cricket tradition, the Umpire has to stand on one leg and hop until the score changes. 222 is a double Nelson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:30 pm

Just back from the park. Seen the odd old codger pootling up to the fanfest, cap in hand with his Argyle Pewter tankard tied to his belt.
Two greenhouses gone East at the allotments along with a shed. Devastation everywhere.

Team this morning....

Ratman, Two sheds, Manky, Parsnip Pete, Squashy, Winter green, Chicken man, Onion bag, Rupert Putkin

12th man.... The Green Man
3rd man .... Harry Lime
Subs...  Bad back, Five Wellies,
Magic sponge.... Sweet Pea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:55 pm

knecht wrote:
Angry wrote:
the team

subs

Why is Nelson 111?

pete beat me too it but i ask the same questions about all there nicknames
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Chris Webb  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 3:06 pm

EL PRESIDENTE co-commentating. Wonderful
Back to top Go down
Beast_Guy

Beast_Guy

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Dreadful listening to the Gormless Prick
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 3:13 pm

GR8 start by ARGO pen to York and Trotman sent off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: York City match thread.   York City match thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

York City match thread.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next