Dougie
green_genie
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 8:58 am

The next PASB meeting with the Board is going to be interesting.  Will Brent/Jones freeze the Trust out again?  Don't think they can really afford to as it will be there dwindling credibility that will take a battering.  And probably we'd have to put up with unedifying sight of the less than deserving President acting as a Waddle type (flood) water carrier between the two entities again.

The PASB have the right to ask some really pertinent questions.  The search for outside investors, the lack of movement on securing tenants, the effect of the free park and ride on the Brent car park, the supporters bar, the school funding, the £1 million increase in profit from the grandstand, the level of inceasing? debt.

More than enough for the three question they are allowed and with time limited by the PAFC board probably whinging and or ignoring any Trust reps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 10:32 am

Don't know if this is the same as the WMN piece but here is the Herald version......well played Andy.  Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 10:43 am

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Don't know if this is the same as the WMN piece but here is the Herald version......well played Andy.   Very Happy 

Oh don't worry, that piece will shortly be sanitised, and the comments section locked as soon as De-Lar calls his editorial mate at the Erald.

Imho, HHP, as it is in it's current proposal, is just about dead in the water. What the hell, if anything, will replace the decrepit Mayflower I can only shudder to think.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 10:51 am

I've said many times that I expect the HHP plan to implode due to its own inherent crapness and the council P&R decision coupled with the absence of school funding must have dealt a huge blow (c. £10m?) to the plans for financing the HHP develoment.

In comparison the absence of tenants for the retail units is small beer.

There is still time for Mr Brent to take a step back, look at how unnecessarily complicated and inadequate on every front his scheme is and to re-assess.

We could yet end up with development that does not strangle the club, does not splurge out into the park and does not fill the park with roads and traffic.

A man with cojones would hold up his hands and admit that his original plan was totally crap on many different levels; a greedy, obsessed egomaniac would not. Do we have a ballsy, listening owner or one who is a blinkered idiot?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 10:58 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The superfans will be very angry about this.
They'll try and hide it, play it down, nothing to see here etc. All about dancing around trying to keep position. They don't care what happens as long as they have their seat.

I love the pop at Akkeron and well deserved it is too. Just what developments have they done to date ? A bunch of chancers, headed by someone who thought he might get into community development. God help any community he might design. It would appear Brent's delay in applying for the school thing was in keeping with his worries
Mind you, Tgwu is right, Evans is now on election watch, so his views are to be taken with a pinch of salt. Just like his pre election comments on the incinerator. Bullshit.
However, super news about the parking charges.  flower 
#akkerondeservesnothing

Last edited by Winter Green on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:00 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I've said many times that I expect the HHP plan to implode due to its own inherent crapness and the council P&R decision coupled with the absence of school funding must have dealt a huge blow (c. £10m?) to the plans for financing the HHP develoment.

In comparison the absence of tenants for the retail units is small beer.

There is still time for Mr Brent to take a step back, look at how unnecessarily complicated and inadequate on every front his scheme is and to re-assess.

We could yet end up with development that does not strangle the club, does not splurge out into the park and does not fill the park with roads and traffic.

A man with cojones would hold up his hands and admit that his original plan was totally crap on many different levels; a greedy, obsessed egomaniac would not. Do we have a ballsy, listening owner or one who is a blinkered idiot?

I suspect we know the answer to that but we live in hope, as you say, it's not too late for our ambitious benefactor to give the us/the club something more inspirational.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:03 am

Oldway Masion - Still to be started.

Millbay - Still to be started.

Civic Centre - Still to be started.

HHP - Still to be started.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:08 am

GOB wrote:
Oldway Masion - Still to be started.

Millbay - Still to be started.

Civic Centre - Still to be started.

HHP - Still to be started.

No smoke without fire, so they say. Not a whiff of construction on any of the above. HHP - it's not going to happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:46 am

Winter Green wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
The superfans will be very angry about this.
They'll try and hide it, play it down, nothing to see here etc. All about dancing around trying to keep position. They don't care what happens as long as they have their seat.

I love the pop at Akkeron and well deserved it is too. Just what developments have they done to date ? A bunch of chancers, headed by someone who thought he might get into community development. God help any community he might design. It would appear Brent's delay in applying for the school thing was in keeping with his worries
Mind you, Tgwu is right, Evans is now on election watch, so his views are to be taken with a pinch of salt. Just like his pre election comments on the incinerator. Bullshit.
However, super news about the parking charges.  flower 
#akkerondeservesnothing

Nail on head as usual. The root cause of the problems with this project are at base level that it is completely uninspiring. Did you see the Hugh Fealessly eats them all Scandamania prog the other night? He was talking to an architect that had developed this huge rectangular block of flats. However the clever thing was that all the flats had natural light, they all had balconies, they all had a green space to use in the middle of the block which was flooded with light because he had cut a chunk of building out of the south facing corner like an angled back big V. He said that without sacrificing those buildings in the corner fifty percent of the buildings would have been dark and dingy with little or no natural light. As it is it's a lovely place to live and much sought after. Brent and the Brits in general lack imagination and class and more importantly long term vision. With a bit more ambition and vision he could have delivered a project that we could hav been proud of and as a result we would have all pushed to help deliver the project, now we are waiting for the inevitable demise of the clusterfuck.
feck off Brent.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:58 am

if he is losing some of the funding, does that mean he'll have to pay for it himself?  Very Happy Question sarcasm 
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 12:15 pm

I wondered how one might go about leasing one of these units. Well Messrs. Montagu Evans are there to help.

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 1:44 pm

The Park and Ride being free/charged for is the key....... i suspect that after council elections it will become pay to park with the bus free, otherwise no NCP and no HHP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 2:23 pm

go back to drawing board jimmy and come up with something that will benefit all parties.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Montague Evans's plans demonstrate just how much development is being crammed in and that the 'concourse' is plainly just a very narrow lane, destined to be cold, windy and dark. Certainly not an ideal place for a leisurely cafe latte outside Pizza Express.

The artist who drew the pretty picture has surely never visited Plymouth and/or made a mistake with his tape measure.

Is he related to the bright spark who wanted to put an artificial beach in Armada Way a few years back?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Something that I don't think has been mentioned how little sunlight the back alley will receive. Its going to be freezing once the sun has set behind the cinema. Also how are those sipping their latte going to feel when 2000 football supporters pile out?

Useless
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:07 pm

In terms of orientation and aspect, the twats are being a little economical with actual reality as regards where they are casting the shadows from the people in those CGI's. The alleyway will run in a WNW - ESE direction. In the winter the sun will have already set before it is at the required angle to shed direct light down the alley. Even in summer, it will be late afternoon/early evening before that area gets any direct sunlight.

I'd love to hear what any proper reputable architect has to say on that utter Clusterfuck.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:24 pm

Dougie wrote:
I wondered how one might go about leasing one of these units.  Well Messrs. Montagu Evans are there to help.

I notice it said the hotel was "pre-let" to Akkeron.

I could have sworn Brent said it would not be an Akkeron hotel? Is he going to sub-lease?

I think its also fairly obvious that the 'memorial garden' is nothing more than convenient landscaping for the front of the hotel. The deceased fans 'resting' there won't even be in sight of Home Park, a far cry from being laid to rest on the actual pitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Rickler wrote:
I think its also fairly obvious that the 'memorial garden' is nothing more than convenient landscaping for the front of the hotel.  The deceased fans 'resting' there won't even be in sight of Home Park, a far cry from being laid to rest on the actual pitch.

I think the gravestones would get in the way if it was on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 4:44 pm

knecht wrote:
Rickler wrote:
I think its also fairly obvious that the 'memorial garden' is nothing more than convenient landscaping for the front of the hotel.  The deceased fans 'resting' there won't even be in sight of Home Park, a far cry from being laid to rest on the actual pitch.

Argyle 0 Gravestones 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 5:31 pm

Greenskin wrote:
knecht wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Argyle 0 Gravestones 1

Buried in the corner of the goal.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 5:47 pm

It's taken too long and could well be too late but the penny is dropping. Now they need to look at some of the recent posts on here re the concourse / dark , damp alleyway.

Bermudian Green wrote:
So, let me get this straight in my own head. To be self-financing, or as much as it's possible to be, our sole source of income as a football club, other than through the turnstiles, is through conferencing, banqueting, hospitality areas and the club shop. We have lost the 4 units which are within the footprint of the grandstand and horseshoe.

See, this is where I get nervous. If we are ever to progress without funding from a sugar-daddy, which JB most definitely ain't (and that's a good thing, btw), we need to maximise our income. We have now just had that income slashed.

Can someone far cleverer than I explain how this can possibly be a good thing for the football club?

Green Sam:
Good question, basically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Ok, so, now that I feel confident that feck all is going to happen re HHP (imho)- what the hell happens to the Mayflower stand now? Pull it down anyway? Leave it to rot? Do it up, strengthen it and put the seats back on the lower terracing (which I thought looked quite smart by-the-way) or what? what?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 6:37 pm

He will sell it on to another developer
Back to top Go down
Beast_Guy

Beast_Guy

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 6:41 pm

The Whole Shooting Match has gone Tits Up.
There will be no Development
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 6:43 pm

There are legalities involved in all of this.. Brent has contracts to fulfill. He can't just do whatever he feels like.

I feel HHP will get built, but to even worse ideals than it is now.

RIP Home Park.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HHP Update / Funding   HHP Update / Funding - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

HHP Update / Funding
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next