green_genie
Tringreen
Peggy
Dougie
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage

Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:56 am

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
There's rarely smoke without fire, with regard the usual suspects at the Theatre of Schemes.
Has brent actually developed anything at all in plymouth?
A joke of a football club sadly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 11:01 am

Tringreen wrote:
There's rarely smoke without fire, with regard the usual suspects at the Theatre of Schemes.
Is Damon a "usual suspect" as he's posted it on pasoti. Or rather, he's posted a thinly veiled allegation - he's not even used the wird "allegedly".
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 11:34 am

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Has brent actually developed anything at all in plymouth?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 11:38 am

I'm sure the libel threats will come flooding in once the patrol dogs read this thread but having scanned this thread again I see nothing in it that can be deemed as libellous.

There is no law in the land that says you cannot discuss a rumour you've heard, providing you have made it 100% that what you are posting is purely rumour and you have no proof of it's facts.

Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 11:41 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-17905119

As far as I know building work is yet to start on the conversion of Oldway Mansion into a hotel, 18 months after planning permission was granted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 11:47 am

FY 310 wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-17905119

As far as I know work is yet to start on the conversion of Oldway Mansion into a hotel, 18 months after planning permission was granted.
Looks like he gets permission, then not very much happens, has he developed anything anywhere?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 12:31 pm

hairy j wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Is Damon a "usual suspect" as he's posted it on pasoti. Or rather, he's posted a thinly veiled allegation - he's not even used the wird "allegedly".
It may well be a load of old shit made up by Newell to get it spread around everywhere, it's the sort of thing he would do to try and discredit people or just to give him a laugh so he could knock one out over it, but it is something that is being reported on here as a rumour.

If it isn't true and Newell's just been making mischief again then so what? If it is him then no harm done on here because we're only passing on what has been told to us by several sources. As I stated before I'm not claiming it to be the truth just claiming it is what I have been told and it ties in with other bits of Brent's MO to suggest that there isn't the proverbial pot to piss in and no major work will be started on any of his various projects.

If it is all bullshit then I'm sure that work will be starting on Monday morning at Home Park, The Civic Centre and the Pavillions as there is nothing stopping the bulldozers and builders going in is there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Another MC666 and Drakes Island scenario? Purchased, and feck all happens for 20 years, if ever?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 1:37 pm

Lets hope the whole filthy stinking plan collapses, and Brent packs up and goes.
If the club gets liquidated so be it.. free of the tapeworms and locusts once and for all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:10 pm

Absolutely, the fans really deserve that. Completely agree. You really struggle to be half-wit sometimes. The internet is a wonderful thing however, being proved right at any cost on forums always seems to reach new lows. Without a club to post about, half of youwould be posting on knitting forums about the evil of Chinese wool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Of course there would be a club to support, albeit a non league one ..a Phoenix Argyle side free of the debt and deadwood would punch up through the leagues like a rat up a drainpipe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 3:13 pm

Yes. With fans like you at the helm, we'd surely succeed. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 5:16 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Of course there would be a club to support, albeit a non league one ..a Phoenix Argyle side free of the debt and deadwood would punch up through the leagues like a rat up a drainpipe.
We would have been better off going in that direction 2 years ago PD, it would have saved a long lingering death although there would still have been plenty of dirty tricks from those desperate to "be someone".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 6:26 pm

FY 310 wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
We would have been better off going in that direction 2 years ago PD, it would have saved a long lingering death although there would still have  been plenty of dirty tricks from those desperate to "be someone".
I'm afraid I was one of very few that thought in the long run, going proper bust and starting again was the best thing that could happen - I will also say that I never once put money in any buckets as I think those that worked in the club should have walked when they were being screwed!! The only thing is I think the usual suspects would have tried their limpetlike tricks to control any pheonix club - honestly never thought the club that supported from the late 60's would ever become so removed from my life!! The club is a howler now!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 6:26 pm

FY 310 wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
We would have been better off going in that direction 2 years ago PD, it would have saved a long lingering death although there would still have  been plenty of dirty tricks from those desperate to "be someone".
With hindsight we would have been better off starting again, i think its not that far away when the same situation arises again, if we have a new club with a one member one vote mandate, that should put a stop to the superfan culture imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 6:30 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
FY 310 wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
I'm afraid I was one of very few that thought in the long run, going proper bust and starting again was the best thing that could happen - I will also say that I never once put money in any buckets as I think those that worked in the club should have walked when they were being screwed!! The only thing is I think the usual suspects would have tried their limpetlike tricks to control any pheonix club - honestly never thought the club that supported from the late 60's would ever become so removed from my life!! The club is a howler now!!
I also think the staff should have walked bandy, i hate the charity/ bucket rattlin grateful to speccy culture that keeps this club crap
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 6:43 pm

hairy j wrote:
What a load of rubbish. I would be highly surprised if PCC would answer this in a freedom of information request - I don't think FoIs even cover financial payments. It's not a very good rumour and doesn't have any substance other than, "I've heard".

In other rumours, James Brent was at El Classico yesterday as he's going to be bringing Bale back to English football - we need another player who plays out of position and doesn't score.
To clarify the last time I heard about the rent arrears was 6 months ago. The first time was over a year ago from someone totally removed from the usual suspects and in fact the whole sorry bunch of us on interweb. This was a time before the ministand and HHP planning , land transfers debacle with PCC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 6:44 pm

I think the fact that there's a thread started by Damon on Pasoti about it that hasn't been invaded by Newell, PL2 FACED and the rest of the Addams Family tells you that this is either true or it is them trying to set people up to post untruths.

I feckin hope it is true just to see Newell try and defend his lord and master if it's shown that he's ass raping his beloved Plymouth lol! 
Back to top Go down
watgull

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:14 pm

As regards Oldway Mansions work has been delayed because the signing of the legal agreement has been delayed.
The legal agreement has been delayed, partly because Akkeron has decided to use in house builders rather than contractors because of market conditions.
Mark Jones for Akkeron said that work could take another seven to twelve months to start as surveys need to be carried out to see how to run modern services through the building.
The link FY 310 put up was dated 1st may 2012, so work could commence on the mansion in October 2014.
Information from this weeks Herald Express.Sorry can not do the link thingy.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:17 pm

I heard it first yesterday from a shop owner who business is in the City Centre, My usually contact said Plymouth should be glad of someone doing business in Plymouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:25 pm

watgull wrote:
As regards Oldway Mansions work has been delayed because the signing of the legal agreement has been delayed.
The legal agreement has been delayed, partly because Akkeron has decided to use in house builders rather than contractors because of market conditions.
Mark Jones for Akkeron said that work could take another seven to twelve months to start as surveys need to be carried out to see how to run modern services through the building.
The link FY 310 put up was dated 1st may 2012, so work could commence on the mansion in October 2014.
Information from this weeks Herald Express.Sorry can not do the link thingy.
That's convenient Very Happy 

Mr Brent's ventures do seem to attract delays.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:30 pm

is an admission of failing to pay likely though ? any statement will be ambiguous like any other issued by the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:36 pm

Daz the comeback kid mod is angling for Damon to say exactly what he means on pasoti.

The fact that Newell hasn't said a word about it makes me believe it's true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:38 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I think the fact that there's a thread started by Damon on Pasoti about it that hasn't been invaded by Newell, PL2 FACED and the rest of the Addams Family tells you that this is either true or it is them trying to set people up to post untruths.

I feckin hope it is true just to see Newell try and defend his lord and master if it's shown that he's ass raping his beloved Plymouth lol! 
You hope it's true? Why would an Argyle fan hope it's true?

I'd eat my cardigan if it is,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:31 pm

hairy j wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

You hope it's true? Why would an Argyle fan hope it's true?

I'd eat my cardigan if it is,

Because I don't believe for one minute that the development will go ahead, or the pavilions or the civic centre plan. I reckon James Brent is winging it and doesn't have the money.

This would make the non paying of rent and rates rumour a distinct possibility which in turn would ruin Newells life.
It would also mean the club would be available to buy to anyone, but with planning permission for basically anything.

This would be attractive to an awful lot of people and hopefully someone with some ambitions for Argyle, that's why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange rumour about the club   Strange rumour about the club - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange rumour about the club
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next