Dougie
pepsipete
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 9:58 pm

How many Pisspoti stickers were sold ?

Last edited by Tringreen on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Best Pasoti post EVER!!!!!!!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 pm

I reckon another half of a season and Nikkkkk will be able to afford to run the Club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Tringreen wrote:
How many Pisspoti stickers were sold ?   geek geek geek geek geek geek jocolor 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:11 pm

Tringreen wrote:
How many Pisspoti stickers were sold ?
Not sure but there are only 5,197 left.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
If Brents got any balls it'll be P45 time. Shorely.
He's tory scum so you'd think he'd enjoy sacking people
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:17 pm

This crap team is going down, it must be obvious even to the few happy clappies left, brent is not and never will be the saviour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:21 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
If I were you I'd be taking the positives.

The opposition have nearly 60% possession, 15 shots and 9 corners, yet you manage not to lose - and then one of your relegation rivals concedes the winning goal in injury time after being 2-0 up. You're no worse off than you were, yet unless those stats are bizarrely unrepresentative the Brentites won't be able to use the result to put lipstick on the giant steaming turd that Jimmy Boy has laid all over PAFC.
It was unrepresentative. Both sides were really poor. The drummer kid banged the drum through half time until the end. Newport fans were noisy. It was pretty dire and it rained and was rather windy and the light went out for a bit although, it was only one light and you could easily see. It was a rather damp squib of a game for both sides.

Loud boos at the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:22 pm

I was prepared to give Sheridan the benefit of the doubt after Saturdays game because we played attacking football, created many chances and by all accounts didn't deserve to lose. Surely i thought, if we played like that again tonight we'd have a fair chance of picking up a much needed three points, what do we get ? one shot on target and what sounded like a couldn't care less performance. Enough, i've had a gutful.

SHERIDAN OUT.....BRENT OUT.....LIGHTS OUT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:25 pm

What damn fool repaired the lights.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:53 pm

Well I missed my first home match in god knows how long. I usually manage by hook or by crook to swop my standby shifts around but it's become so difficult to do, that this time I gave up easily. The honest truth is I couldn't be arsed to try too hard. It wasn't until I was on the Dartmouth ferry earlier that I even bothered to find out what the score was. Even more concerning was I really didn't miss being there.

I had two texts from a mate who was there that said " 1st half normal shit, 1 shot all half" and the second one a while later said " flood light failure, looks much better with lights off". Was I pleased I was in Dartmouth sorting someone's gas out? Not normally but I was tonight.

As for the attendance? Well I wasn't there, a chap my wife carshares with couldn't be bothered to go tonight and my mates dad didn't go. So that's 3 season ticket holders that I know of, that didn't go and I've only spoken to my wife and a mate by text all night. So how many more didn't bother? I don't suppose the club gives a flying one, they've already got our money.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:02 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Well I missed my first home match in god knows how long. I usually manage by hook or by crook to swop my standby shifts around but it's become so difficult to do, that this time I gave up easily. The honest truth is I couldn't be arsed to try too hard. It wasn't until I was on the Dartmouth ferry earlier that I even bothered to find out what the score was. Even more concerning was I really didn't miss being there.

I had two texts from a mate who was there that said " 1st half normal shit, 1 shot all half" and the second one a while later said " flood light failure, looks much better with lights off". Was I pleased I was in Dartmouth sorting someone's gas out? Not normally but I was tonight.

As for the attendance? Well I wasn't there, a chap my wife carshares with couldn't be bothered to go tonight and my mates dad didn't go. So that's 3 season ticket holders that I know of, that didn't go and I've only spoken to my wife and a mate by text all night. So how many more didn't bother? I don't suppose the club gives a flying one, they've already got our money.

And 404 away fans for a night game at Home Park is one of the best we'll get all season.

It's Mansfield up there on Saturday followed by the enticing prospect of a relegation battle with Northampton! That'll get the tills ringing lol! 
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:19 pm

The ATD match threads are getting longer/bigger. Care to explain the 5% that should be ignored Webby?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:20 pm

So, after the predictable collapse of the 'run by fans, for fans' regime, we have endured a complete carve up of an administration and now, we have a self- professed non investing owner, who won't entertain any walleted directors, has promised transparency but delivered nothing and has aligned himself with and listened to, self promoting janners to keep the oiks onside, rattling buckets, while he gets on with his real business.

All we need now is for the club to be handed over and run by said janners and their sponsors and the demise will be total and probably, final. affraid 

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:01 am

Greenjock wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

And 404 away fans for a night game at Home Park is one of the best we'll get all season.

It's Mansfield up there on Saturday followed by the enticing prospect of a relegation battle with Northampton! That'll get the tills ringing lol! 
And our ears when el prez gives us all one of his tub thumping speeches in the brent echo!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:02 am

Webb is full of shit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:29 am

Freathy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Normally Freathy you'd be right but I'm sure Brent is aghast at the fact that Sheridan has some rights under football employment law. Those pesky things such as contracts.

On another note it has been clear that the tide has been turning:

Errington - very stinging for the Herald in his piece this week

Webb - Questioning continually Sheridan's tactics last night and rating that only one of his ten signings has worked. Exeter have worked wonders on only a fraction of the budget etc

PL2 - Criticising the lack of motivation and desire from Sheridan "I wonder what Wottsy makes of it all"

In addition I've seen a rumour that Brent inserted a 6 month notice period in Sheridan's contract meaning no 3 year pay off. Are the stars getting into line for a cheapo Wotton promotion?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:42 am

Pokesdown wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Normally Freathy you'd be right but I'm sure Brent is aghast at the fact that Sheridan has some rights under football employment law. Those pesky things such as contracts.

Webb - Questioning continually Sheridan's tactics last night and rating that only one of his ten signings has worked. Exeter have worked wonders on only a fraction of the budget etc

PL2 - Criticising the lack of motivation and desire from Sheridan "I wonder what Wottsy makes of it all"

In addition I've seen a rumour that Brent inserted a 6 month notice period in Sheridan's contract meaning no 3 year pay off. Are the stars getting into line for a cheapo Wotton promotion?
Please, no .............. No 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:50 am

Tringreen wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Please, no ..............  No 
Might as well just flip a coin lads - anything can happen down that craphole now!!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:55 pm

I've been blocked by the official @only1Argyle account for criticising the 'joke' team selection Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:17 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Please, no ..............  No 
enough said.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:20 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
Exeter have worked wonders on only a fraction of the budget etc

I feel moved to point out that we only managed a nil nil last night and that our playing budget probably isn't a lot less than yours and we have had the best part of a decade to get used to it.

I hear you lot booed your mob off last night, strange that we got the same result yet the travelling Red Army clapped our bauys off as we always do, win, lose or draw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:38 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:
Exeter have worked wonders on only a fraction of the budget etc

I feel moved to point out that we only managed a nil nil last night and that our playing budget probably isn't a lot less than yours and we have had the best part of a decade to get used to it.

I hear you lot booed your mob off last night, strange that we got the same result yet the travelling Red Army clapped our bauys off as we always do, win, lose or draw.
To be fair that was El Presidente I was quoting there. I think comparing the two reactions is a tad chalk and cheese. if we were 2nd in the league going to Oxford and got a 0-0 we'd be clapping them off. 4 points from two tough away games, with 4 goals scored and two clean sheets is not too shabby at all.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:42 pm

I had my dads rundown of the game last night same old same old really. Though when he was talking about the floodlight failure he said that he could swear that Sheridan didn't move from the dug out. I said that must be an exaggeration but he stuck to his guns.

So anyone there witness the same? Were the players in a huddle taking instructions or is that not allowed hence he didn't venture out to speak to the team?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:48 pm

Pokesdown wrote:

To be fair that was El Presidente I was quoting there. I think comparing the two reactions is a tad chalk and cheese. if we were 2nd in the league going to Oxford and got a 0-0 we'd be clapping them off. 4 points from two tough away games, with 4 goals scored and two clean sheets is not too shabby at all.

I accede to your uncommonly well made point, albeit we were third prior to Ko. I think the point I was making was that, in general, City fans stayed pretty positive in spite of our trials but like you the dissent and lack of backing for the team itself came out at home games, as always the away support will remain solid as whatever level it sinks to only the hardest of hard cores will remain, only 118 made it to Scunny where they were well rewarded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newport Match Thread.....   Newport Match Thread..... - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Newport Match Thread.....
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next