Sir Francis Drake
RegGreen
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Newport match thread Empty
PostSubject: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:41 am

Put this early because of travel disruption on FGW. Cross County will be normal service.

London Paddington – Plymouth: hourly in each direction

Plymouth – Penzance: every two hours in each direction

St Erth - St Ives: normal service

Tickets will also be accepted on Cross Country services between Bristol Temple Meads and Exeter, Plymouth and Penzance on Sunday 23 August and between Saturday 29 August and Monday 31 August

We have had to cancel some services in the Devon and Cornwall area

Looe – Liskeard. Customers can take the Plymouth City bus 72 between Liskeard and Looe - although this service doesn’t call at Causeland or Coombe. There are no ticket acceptance arrangements on this route.

Newquay - Par. Customers can take the 21 bus which runs between St Austell and Newquay; more information can be found here. Tickets will be accepted on all routes.

Falmouth – Truro. Customers can take the U1 bus which runs between Truro and Falmouth; more information can be found here. Tickets will be accepted on all routes.

Plymouth – Gunnislake. Customers should make alternative arrangements

Match officials

ANDY DAVIES is the main man

Robert Dabbs and Mark Pottage will assist

The Fourth Official will be Brett Huxtable
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:10 am

Since butcher took over from JE as manager they dont seem to be that good and gone down hill further under butcher and after watching there brief highlights of there game saturday and there defending and what with our form at the moment i expect a few goals from this one 3-1 argo
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 9:18 am

Do the police allow stopping at a pub on the way to a match?

Theclarenceamberman » August 26th, 2015, 9:04 am

only a few seats left on the bus for Saturday's game at Plymouth bus will leave 9am from the cross keys pub cost £20 adult /£10 for /OAP and children with a pub booked up 20mins away from Plymouth for a beer or two   contact Brian on 07803762578

They cannot buy Argyle tickets on Newport web site and Argyle game is not mention on main page

Taunton Iron Cider » August 23rd, 2015, 10:09 am

Does anyone know if it is pay on the day for the Plymouth game? I have been on the County ticketing site and there are no tickets being offered for this match, same seems to apply on the Plymouth one as well

_D_ » August 23rd, 2015, 3:24 pm

Tickets available on the day but an extra £2
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 10:40 am

Just a few words to the wise. A crew of Newport "fans" turned over one of their own pubs in Newport when they played Orient. Quite a to do apparently with chairs chucked around, windows broken and all sorts. Not your normal crew of idiots either as their number included more than a smattering of women and children. I've no idea whether or not they are likely to travel down here but Newport isn't that far away so be careful out there.

At least that was what I have been told by my mate who lives in Newport and regularly goes to that pub.

Here's a Newport view on it all: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I can't find any press reports though so maybe my buddy is exaggerating.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 11:32 am

It's not like there's anything else to do in Newport.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 1:03 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Since butcher took over from JE as manager they dont seem to be that good and gone  down hill further under butcher and after watching there brief highlights of there game saturday and there defending and what with our form at the moment i expect a few goals from this one 3-1 argo

They've had their budget cut enormously - they're right in the financial shitter. JE was a very good manager to be fair but I don't think Butcher is to blame for their recent demise.

Even so, while I disagree with your premise I agree with your conclusion - we will score goals. 3-1 to the Argo for me as well I think.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 3:02 pm

Must admit the side streets by their ground looked like a good place to get chinned
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 5:26 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Just a few words to the wise. A crew of Newport "fans" turned over one of their own pubs in Newport when they played Orient. Quite a to do apparently with chairs chucked around, windows broken and all sorts. Not your normal crew of idiots either as their number included more than a smattering of women and children. I've no idea whether or not they are likely to travel down here but Newport isn't that far away so be careful out there.

At least that was what I have been told by my mate who lives in Newport and regularly goes to that pub.

Here's a Newport view on it all: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They brought a fair size mob down last season, each and every one of them was a plank. They were in the Brit before the game mouthing off and in full view of the police too.

I can't see the same numbers (mob wise) coming down this Saturday, especially as they are having an awful start to the season. You may get 15-25 lads coming down for a Bank Holiday jolly in the South West ?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 5:31 pm

Spent a lot of time in Newport with a mate who used to live there, rough as fook, don't get off the beaten track unless you know where you're going, used to be some proper yardies as well.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 10:32 pm

Newport will set up defensive to avoid defeat. 1-0 Argo (Hartley)
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 3:21 pm

Zak Ansah aims to halt Pilgrims' progress

NEW striker Zak Ansah will be passing on his insider knowledge of Plymouth Argyle to help Newport County AFC secure victory at Home Park on Saturday.

The 21-year-old former Arsenal youth, on loan from Charlton Athletic, finished last season with a short spell at Plymouth.

And he’s convinced he can use the knowledge he gained from his time as a Pilgrim to help County earn their first win of the season.

“I spent the last six weeks of last season at Plymouth and we got to the play-offs, which was a good experience,” said Ansah, who scored in the play-off semi-final against Wycombe Wanderers in May.

“I’m looking forward to going back there and seeing some old faces. The fans were good to me so hopefully I’ll get a warm welcome but hopefully we can get the win.

“The team has changed a bit but there are still a few I’ll know so I’ll try to pass on some tips because I know their weaknesses!

“They are third so it will be a tough test for us but we have nothing to fear. We want to go out there and get the three points.”

Ansah, who made his Exiles debut in the 3-2 home defeat to Leyton Orient, faces competition for a starting spot with Lenell John-Lewis’ return to fitness.

But he’s confident that he can score goals for his new side.

“I only had one day training before the game on Saturday so there is much more to come from me,” he said.

“I need to settle in and get to know how the boys like to play and hopefully I can show more this Saturday.

“I’m hoping they can see some goals from me in the next few games.

“I like to link up the play and score goals and help the team however I can.

“Scott [Boden] is a good player,” he added. “He’s a clever player, an intelligent player and we can definitely create some chemistry there.”

Ansah feels the experience of manager Terry Butcher and a strong team spirit will help County climb the table.

“He’s an England legend so you can only respect him and learn from him,” he said of Butcher.

“The players seem to be in love with him as well and he’s been good to me.

“And the confidence is high because they’ve been playing well.

“Once we get three points on the board we’ll do very well in this division.

Share article

“I think the team spirit and the character in the team is strong.

“We think we can get the win on Saturday and that’s what we’re going for.”
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Sky bet Argyle 4/6 draw 15/4 Newport 4/1
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 7:12 pm

This weekend radio coverage

Plymouth Argyle v Newport County  only on 95.7FM

AFC Wimbledon v Exeter City   on 95.8FM, 990AM, 801AM, 103.4FM, DAB

DAB studio anchor man will be Mr Sparks ( Just to keep him employed ) DAB service when your team are the main game would be better without him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:01 am

How many of our current squad did he play with? Ansahs on a postcard please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:06 am

Tgwu wrote:
This weekend radio coverage

Plymouth Argyle v Newport County  only on 95.7FM

AFC Wimbledon v Exeter City   on 95.8FM, 990AM, 801AM, 103.4FM, DAB

DAB studio anchor man will be Mr Sparks ( Just to keep him employed )

It's not been a good week for press anchor people. Maybe Sparksy should throw a sickie.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 12:56 am

Looking on the online ticket sales, there not going to be a large bank-holiday crowd for this match
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 11:53 am

Update: big demand for tickets this morning, should be a good crowd
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 12:05 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

What ho, Franny! Rally the militia! For Mother England! For Albion!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 1:00 pm

Iggy wrote:
How many of our current squad did he play with? Ansahs on a postcard please.

'Zakly
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 2:44 pm

No Rubes in the team? Jimmy getting ready to do a Hourihane, and take the first little offer he gets?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 2:49 pm

Injured?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 3:08 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
No Rubes in the team? Jimmy getting ready to do a Hourihane, and take the first little offer he gets?

Sounds very suspicious. Mind you, i suppose cynicism is just a natural reaction for people like us when so much water has passed under the bridge over the years as regards the sale of key players. We'll see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 3:31 pm

A wee knock I believe it's called.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 3:47 pm

1-0 Carey

He certainly seems to be a find. Excellent work by DA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 3:56 pm

Keep this up Argyle, well done Carey as you say a real find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newport match thread   Newport match thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Newport match thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next