Greenskin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Obviously has a very selective memory when he says that gates didn't get above the proposed new capacity.QPR? Colchester? Cheltenham? Leeds? West Ham? Etc? I think there were 18 different occasions when attendances surpassed the 17700 figure during our rise up the leagues and subsequent stay in the championship and that would have been far higher had the club shown the bottle to make progress rather than accepting mediocrity and have a pants jazzing session about finishing 10th.Two sides to every story but they certainly haven't been fully explored in that article.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:08 am

He actually says "Even then, the average attendances at Home Park were lower than 17,000."

It's a gross statistical misrepresentation to use a measure of central tendency when talking about an upper limit.

Only somebody who is either an idiot or who is deliberately trying to deceive would do it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:14 am

I'm surprised his article isn't full of umm's and err's just like his shite commentary used to be.
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:21 am

There seems to be a huge concern that few are convinced by these nonsensical arguments for it to be trotted out time and again by the same usual suspects, it's almost as though the penny has dropped that few believe it and there's a need to convince.

The simple fact of the matter is that Plymouth can no longer be perceived as having realistic potential for top flight football, no argument can change that. We are and always will be a small Club and deserving of the ridicule of the Man U shirt wearer.
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:00 pm

GOB wrote:

There seems to be a huge concern that few are convinced by these nonsensical arguments for it to be trotted out time and again by the same usual suspects, it's almost as though the penny has dropped that few believe it and there's a need to convince.

The simple fact of the matter is that Plymouth can no longer be perceived as having realistic potential for top flight football, no argument can change that. We are and always will be a small Club and deserving of the ridicule of the Man U shirt wearer.
With what Plymouth city council have approved (despite strong concerns over traffic and parking but i guess the £25000 offered resolved all of them somehow) the club in the eyes of many will continue to be now more than ever young people's SECOND team compared to the likes of Man Utd, chelsea, Man city etc etc because people want to see their club be ambitious and successful.
Building a smaller stand and capping the capacity at 17500 while every other club in leagues are building/expanding capacities to over 20000 that doesnt show ambition from argyle to build down, that shows small club mentality and small time ambitions like finishing above exeter which probably not far off from the truth with the like of webb and newell.

It will hurt the club in more ways than you can imagine. If the new stand was built with the future in mind for a future owner to expanded to bump up the capacity to 20000 along with the add on seats in the other stands taking it to 22500-25000 that would resolve so many issues and concerns for fans and yet at the same time still not over committing ourselves to building it big and not ever needing too but the option is there thats my point.

why is logic so hard for some to see.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Anyone would think that his wife worked for the club? Laughing 

How can he be objective knowing that if he upsets his wife's boss it could affect her career.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

How can he be objective knowing that if he upsets his wife's boss it could affect her career.
Well that explains an awful lot then. I think Charlie mentioned about PL2 always bad-mouthing the Herald and Errington in particular. Slagging them both at any and every opportunity. He must be flying planes in to his bedroom wall with rage at not being able to slag Brents mouthpiece off any more! lol! 
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:47 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Well that explains an awful lot then. I think Charlie mentioned about PL2 always bad-mouthing the Herald and Errington in particular. Slagging them both at any and every opportunity. He must be flying planes in to his bedroom wall with rage at not being able to slag Brents mouthpiece off any more! lol! 
To be fair to Postey and the rest of the Nooligans they have a strange way of showing affection for each other. We all know how close he is with his Pasoti master and the feeling was clearly reciprocated - Nool described him as a "total geek" and a "social leper" in a phone conversation with me last year. I would hate to hear what he would call him if he didn't like him.
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Nooligan slags off all and sundry when he's trying to gain trust and convert you to his way of thinking. Cerberas been the subject of his abuse but is now onside so gets his mug in greens onscreen regularly, Ponty is called an alcoholic trouble maker, Jameson's a drama queen with a drink problem and poor old greensleeves has been the subject of awful abuse and that's in one face to face meeting and one phone call, both of which he denies taking place now.

Stapleton gets deserved abuse these days but it used to be oh so different when he wouldn't hear a word said against that lovely man and his family!

Basically Newell is a parasite and he attaches himself to whoever is useful at the time.

Mind you I do like the Postey is a social leper line, it's how I saw him with his threats to women and his hardman threats to me anonymously.

Oh and I almost forgot his assessment of Hooper as a bit of a perv, taking pleasure in seeing photos of Mrs Newell in a bikini lol.

Funny how he changes his mind so often when it suits him.
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:59 pm

It'll be interesting to see if this comment is allowed to stay on the Herald website:

by greenjockMonday, August 19 2013, 5:57PM

“Proud Pilgrim, I don't believe too many people are objecting to having more parkland as a result of the development but the "Tree Huggers" probably object to the £250,000 valued trees being removed without any clear plans to replace them. No details at all available as to the replacement of these trees which have been there years and to some extent shield Outland Rd residents from the noise and the sight of the development.

I feel sorry for Outland Rd residents who already have to contest with an extremely busy road which will increase many times over with cinema goers, skaters, hotel guests and other retail customers now being added to the mix. If anyone doesn't think that this will significantly increase traffic then they're living in cloud cuckoo land. Ask a resident there how busy it is on an Argyle matchday already and how many cars park there regardless of whether it blocks residents cars in.

How many more vehicles do you think will head to Home Park now with all the other businesses situated there? If it isn't going to be many then the development is a waste of time.

Sure there is a car park planned, pay and display, but already the life centre car park is generally full now as it's free parking. How many hotel guests etc will be prepared to pay around £5 to park if there's a street opposite?

The undoubted traffic increase will cause untold problems on the nearby roads and the cars travelling near the stadium on matchdays will have to mingle with thousands of football supporters including children. Have you ever seen a few thousand football fans walking towards a game before? If there aren't fatalities near the ground I will be gobsmacked!

There were many, many objections sent in by residents of Plymouth that were smoothed over once the councillors were able to debate the issue in private. From all of those valid objections only one remained when the camera was back on them. Very strange indeed!

The development will also take business away from the already struggling city centre, there is no doubt about it, and the ruling also completely ignores the councils and the governments pledge to stop out of town developments to try and encourage business in town and city centres which are dying because of these out of town industrial and retail parks springing up everywhere.

This point was raised by many objectors but never mentioned during the televised procedures. How many more empty city centre shops do you want? The only businesses springing up regularly are charity shops and discount or pound shops. Is that how Plymouth is to be portrayed to visitors? Poundland City!

The Herald have been extremely vociferous in it's support for this from the get go,despite the fact that it does restrict Home Park to a capacity maximum of 17,000 forever. The guff about the horseshoe being expanded is just that, guff. The only way the capacity could be increased if with restricted views for hundreds if not thousands of extra fans. This may not be a problem now but in 5 or 10 years it almost certainly will if Argyle under Brent are going to progress. If Mr Brent has no intention of helping Argyle back up through the leagues then the capacity is fine.

There has been a bias in the way this has all been reported in the Herald with many dissenting comments being removed or edited and some commenters being silenced by having their accounts suspended so they cannot comment any more. If this stays I would be very surprised.

A local newspaper should be unbiased and fair in it's reporting of all of this with comments by the Argyle Fans Trust leader being edited to make it look like a completely different interview or quote.

One can only wonder if it is thefact that Chris Errington's wife works for Mr Brent that makes a so-called supporter have such a narrow minded view of something which is the most important decision ever being made regarding Argyle.

This is not all about Argyle Mr Brent!”
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Once again my comment is removed. I've posted it again so let's see if it lasts longer than 5 minutes this time Razz 
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:10 pm

erringtons been doing it for years. no criticism at any point, shocking.
you wont get any non pro club voice at the evening herald. when they were banned under McCauley his wife couldn't have been working there
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Try it without this line, Jock:

"One can only wonder if it is thefact that Chris Errington's wife works for Mr Brent that makes a so-called supporter have such a narrow minded view of something which is the most important decision ever being made regarding Argyle."
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:31 pm

The last comment made me chuckle.
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:45 pm

The comments section makes interesting reading. I see Cooperwoman is in full swing, one of her posts immediately after the decision got 160 odd thumbs down.
The only way these plans are popular is in the minds of the sad deluded folk who sold their soul to the devil in supporting James Brent.
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Can't find jocks comment, is it under the ministand story or somewhere else or has it been deleted ?
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:13 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
Can't find jocks comment, is it under the ministand story or somewhere else or has it been deleted ?
I think it has been deleted, the Herald seems to routinely delete comments and accounts that dont fit in with its own political agenda, my account got cancelled for manking about Brent a long time ago, i re-registered 2 or 3 times but as soon as i criticized Brent the accounts all got deleted.
You can still give the thumbs up or down though regardless if you have an account or not.
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:21 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:
I think it has been deleted, the Herald seems to routinely delete comments and accounts that dont fit in with its own political agenda, my account got cancelled for manking about Brent a long time ago, i re-registered 2 or 3 times but as soon as i criticized Brent the accounts all got deleted.
You can still give the thumbs up or down though regardless if you have an account or not.

The 'erald is as b(r)ent as a nine bob note !!
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:33 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:

Apparently it is libellous to say so.......Petracelli told me Razz
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:38 pm

knecht wrote:

"One can only wonder if it is thefact that Chris Errington's wife works for Mr Brent that makes a so-called supporter have such a narrow minded view of something which is the most important decision ever being made regarding Argyle."
I know what you're saying but his wife does work for Brent so that's why I'm asking if that's what sways his opinion.

They have removed both of my comments now so I reckon it's Postey sat in his piss-stained y-fronts sat reporting the comments furiously with his pilots headset on Razz 
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:43 pm

Greenjock wrote:
knecht wrote:

I know what you're saying but his wife does work for Brent so that's why I'm asking if that's what sways his opinion.

They have removed both of my comments now so I reckon it's Postey sat in his piss-stained y-fronts sat reporting the comments furiously with his pilots headset on Razz 

Does that Toad have influence in the Brentmouth Evening Herald as well?
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:44 pm

knecht wrote:

I've edited the comment again and re-posted it and it's there currently so let's see how long it lasts this time?

Postey, I said I've added the comment again if you want to take your hand of your joystick for a moment to report it again Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:47 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:
Yes indeed. My comments are being deleted and I'm using my real name.

History will condemn all the self interested toadies feeding at the reluctant bidder's trough.

FWIW my comment was.................

RIP PAFC as a city club with city club ambition.

How long before the Devonport and Barn Park Ends are renamed the School and Dental Surgery Ends ?
Back to top Go down

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Tringreen wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:

History will condemn all the self interested toadies feeding at the reluctant bidder's trough.

How long before the Devonport and Barn Park Ends are renamed the School and Dental Surgery Ends ?
Yours is still there Tring, you have to click on view all comments to see them.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:

Yours is still there Tring, you have to click on view all comments to see them.
Cool ..........just moi being paranoid again Embarassed lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Errington Empty
PostSubject: Re: Errington   Errington Empty

Back to top Go down

Errington
Page 1 of 1