Earwegoagain
Bob Crow
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptySun May 17, 2020 10:09 pm

Been furloughed by the Herald. Just seen an Argyle report that was done by the Exeter Journalist that Nool and De Liar slaughtered on Twitter last year and called for to be sacked. Can't wait to see how his articles ho down on the farm.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyMon May 18, 2020 11:07 am

I wonder what happened to all the news we used to read pre Covid?
Back to top Go down

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyMon May 18, 2020 12:06 pm

it got reported on here somewhere at the time he got furlough. pity the whole paper has gone that way its full of sh1 more so during this time.

i rather have an unbiased reporter reporting on argyle with no ties to the club we might get some actual journalism then rather than cozy relationship errington likes and cries about if he doesnt.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyMon May 18, 2020 2:31 pm

I know other papers have furloughed their football club reporters. Last week the Herald did a story each day from Lowe's comments on the @Ihadtrialsonce podcast.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyMon May 25, 2020 8:07 pm

He's tweeted this evening that he will be back at work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyMon May 25, 2020 8:14 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
He's tweeted this evening that he will be back at work tomorrow.

shame.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyMon May 25, 2020 9:32 pm

Damn
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyTue May 26, 2020 11:44 am

Oh well it was good why it lasted
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyTue May 26, 2020 3:35 pm

RegGreen wrote:

I quite enjoyed watching Nool and his farmyard pals squirm at the Exeter reporter covering us laugh
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyTue May 26, 2020 5:35 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

I quite enjoyed watching Nool and his farmyard pals squirm at the Exeter reporter covering us laugh

Hillarious.

Pasoti never struggles to reach new levels of patheticness. Posty in particular is a really sad speciman.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyWed May 27, 2020 11:10 am

I don't personally have a problem with Errington, he's a shameless Homer but then which local football correspondent isn't? He has a huge knowledge of all things Argyle and whilst peeved that he didn't ever call Brent out I can see why he didn't as his job would have immediately become untenable.
Back to top Go down

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyWed May 27, 2020 11:35 am

I think he’s a good scribe and broadcaster, it’s the Herald that’s the issue
Back to top Go down

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyWed May 27, 2020 11:36 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I don't personally have a problem with Errington, he's a shameless Homer but then which local football correspondent isn't? He has a huge knowledge of all things Argyle and whilst peeved that he didn't ever call Brent out I can see why he didn't as his job would have immediately become untenable.

he isn't though in the way he should be that his role requires him to be. He is more interested in keeping the club happy so they continue to hire his wife and they dont do what mccauley did and banished him for a time.

The herald isnt owned by the club and club need them so there would be no untenable relationship like there was before.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyWed May 27, 2020 11:55 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

he isn't though in the way he should be that his role requires him to be. He is more interested in keeping the club happy so they continue to hire his wife and they dont do what mccauley did and banished him for a time.

The herald isnt owned by the club and club need them so there would be no untenable relationship like there was before.

You could say his wife working for the club is a conflict of interests and I wouldn't argue that but any local correspondent that gets critical of his local club will quickly get banned or last kept in the dark and at arms length, it doesn't only happen at Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyWed May 27, 2020 12:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

He was never going to make waves while his missus was an employee of PAFC.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyWed May 27, 2020 3:13 pm

POI wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Yes but even if his wife didn't work for the club no local journalist can go against their local club without incurring their wrath. The local club local newspaper is a scratchy back club. If you read any local rag you will find Erringtonesque reporting of an identical manner in all of them.
Back to top Go down

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyWed May 27, 2020 3:52 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
POI wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Yes but even if his wife didn't work for the club no local journalist can go against their  local club without incurring their wrath. The local club local newspaper is a scratchy back club. If you read any local rag you will find Erringtonesque reporting of an identical manner in all of them.

freedom of the press allows for fair and balanced reporting if a situation arises the press can question the club and take issue with it. The way errington reports is he ignores the pressing issue of the fans or like with all of brents failures as a property development that were never brought up that are of interest to the club as he had planning permission....twice to build a new stand and clusterfuckery of a bibical proportions on the car park that was never going to be built.

the only time chris ever took issue on something was when john sheridan wouldnt give him 24/7 access to his phoneline
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyFri May 29, 2020 4:38 pm

His interest in Argyle is only work his a Crystal F#%King Palace Fan I believe
Or perhaps that’s a another reason why he didn’t call the shyster out .or maybe he didn’t just give a F#%K in a I’m alright jack kinda way bollox to anyone else
Back to top Go down
mandela

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 8:55 pm

He's a good journalist and I like the Herald. It doesn't matter to me if he grew up supporting Crystal Palace- and listening to him he clearly has a strong affinity for Argyle these days. Anyway, the important thing is that he's a good journalist- not where he was born !! A local journalist can't criticise the manager or chairman too much because he has to build up a working relationship with them. He got banned by MaCauley that time, and Adams and Sheridan fell out with him as well. All because they thought the Herald were critical of them. So he has to tread carefully to do his job. Its not like the national papers where they can kind of write what they like.
Back to top Go down

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 9:43 pm

mandela wrote:
He's a good journalist and I like the Herald.  It doesn't matter to me if he grew up supporting Crystal Palace- and listening to him he clearly has a strong affinity for Argyle these days.  Anyway, the important thing is that he's a good journalist- not where he was born !!  A local journalist can't criticise the manager or chairman too much because he has to build up a working relationship with them.  He got banned by MaCauley that time, and Adams and Sheridan fell out with him as well.  All because they thought the Herald were critical of them. So he has to tread carefully to do his job.  Its not like the national papers where they can kind of write what they like.

are you him or do you work with him? he's anything but a good journalist he is too in bed with the club to be one of them and will often go to great lengths to not report facts in his paper to avoid upsetting them.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 9:47 pm

mandela wrote:
He's a good journalist and I like the Herald.  It doesn't matter to me if he grew up supporting Crystal Palace- and listening to him he clearly has a strong affinity for Argyle these days.  Anyway, the important thing is that he's a good journalist- not where he was born !!  A local journalist can't criticise the manager or chairman too much because he has to build up a working relationship with them.  He got banned by MaCauley that time, and Adams and Sheridan fell out with him as well.  All because they thought the Herald were critical of them. So he has to tread carefully to do his job.  Its not like the national papers where they can kind of write what they like.

If your call him a good journalist and you like the Herald, I do not think your standard is very high
Back to top Go down
mandela

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 8:45 pm

Ha ! No I'm not Chris Errington and I don't work for the Herald.
I just like the paper and the podcast.
When I was living in Cardiff their local football coverage was sh1te in comparion.
Back to top Go down

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 9:03 pm

mandela wrote:
Ha !  No I'm not Chris Errington and I don't work for the Herald.
I just like the paper and the podcast.
When I was living in Cardiff their local football coverage was sh1te in comparion.

you are without joking one of the very few who do like the paper. The podcast's sound is awful last time i listened to it like it was recorded in the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 10:28 pm

Before the Internet we all used to look to the Herald, Morning News and the Indy. That and Radio Devon was the news on Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chris Errington  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Errington    Chris Errington  Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Errington
Page 1 of 1