Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..

Go down 
+5
Elias
Charlie Wood
Chemical Ali
Mock Cuncher
VillageGreen
9 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. Empty
PostSubject: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 8:53 am

Nice to finally see the Herald picking up on areas that may need adjustments.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:04 am

GK - released by Barnet.

Defence. Old and slow.

Midfield. Laughable.

Up front. The best of the lot is Nick Chadwick.

Overall - it could be worse. They could be dead.

ALTHOUGH...I think we've all seen the Pirates of the Carribean 2. Dead people proved PRETTY darn nifty then, I'm sure you'll agree. Maybe there's something to work with.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:08 am

Must be a slow news day- there's nothing in that report that any of us couldn't have suggested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:33 am

Yep fans bin saying that all summer,nothing new there at all.That news could have been lifted off any Argyle fans website.Obviously Fletcher dont give him any snippets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:45 am

oddball wrote:
Yep fans bin saying that all summer,nothing new there at all.That news could have been lifted off any Argyle fans website.Obviously Fletcher dont give him any snippets.

I think that is one of the most significant changes under the Fletcher/Brent era to date.

It will be interesting how CF treats the press this season and fans, Im thinking particularly over closed reserve/trial matches. It also begs the question that with potentially so many players in the squad, what measures have been taken to get regular games for those not playing in the first team.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:54 am

We all think t'internet is so significant but it's not for the majority of supporters and consequently you need to keep the press onside to be able to put out positive spin.

I think CE will cast a far more critical eye than Rups used to, and good for him say I.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Must be a slow news day- there's nothing in that report that any of us couldn't have suggested.

That is so true,it just makes you wonder what is actually going on up there at Home Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Well there are officially hundreds of footballers that have been released from their clubs in the last few days, and plenty of other clubs have had prior knowldege of this revelation so were able to snap up some of these free agents, before Carl Fletcher had come back from his summer holiday.

There are about 6 or 7 weeks to the start of the season, and new players will need time to bed in and play the attractive football promised this season, along with the current squad who only know the hoofball system, so I would like to think that announcements are imminent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:13 pm

I wouldn't hold your breath Jock.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:43 am

GJ the answer is those coming to end of contract would want a 'reservation fee' or incentive to join fee to sign before July 1st - we are not going to be paying that sort of wedge out im afraid. dont forget finishing 19th will be 'year on year' improvement..........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:21 am

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
GJ the answer is those coming to end of contract would want a 'reservation fee' or incentive to join fee to sign before July 1st - we are not going to be paying that sort of wedge out im afraid. dont forget finishing 19th will be 'year on year' improvement..........

It's 3rd July now though GCFC, that's why I thought we might have made an announcement or two. I'm sure these free agents were allowed to talk to clubs before their contracts ran out at their old clubs. It seems suspiciously as though we just about have our squad for the season Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:43 am

Saltash green is urging Greenjock not to panic. What will be will be. Saltash green thinks Greenjock should relax and go with the flow
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:21 am

Saltash green wrote:
Saltash green is urging Greenjock not to panic. What will be will be. Saltash green thinks Greenjock should relax and go with the flow

Salty, now your morphing from Yoda to Doris Day!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Saltash is still a cock!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:

I think CE will cast a far more critical eye than Rups used to

That wouldn't be difficult. I stopped buying the WMNNews once I had collected all their food recipes.
The online coverage over the past few years I have seen has been appalling, and one has to ask what exactly the relationship was between these local papers and the gambling NWO football club.
I understand Scoop doesn't frequent Home Park since his job changed .... so much for yet another favoured fan we were all supposed to admire.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:10 pm

According to Posty on Cerbs' site, CF doesn't really talk to CE. There have been quite a few non stories recently, and CE/ the herald stretched an interview with Hodges over 3 days and did similar with Nancekivell last week.

It seems that its a fairly closed shop (although there were rumours about PCH before his signing), unless the superfans have learnt to keep info to themselves?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:43 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
According to Posty on Cerbs' site, CF doesn't really talk to CE. There have been quite a few non stories recently, and CE/ the herald stretched an interview with Hodges over 3 days and did similar with Nancekivell last week.

It seems that its a fairly closed shop (although there were rumours about PCH before his signing), unless the superfans have learnt to keep info to themselves?

By the way the farm control freaks are behaving, it's more likely that Brent Sahib has told them to STFU and behave themselves, or there'll be no more silly hats ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Penz wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

That wouldn't be difficult. I stopped buying the WMNNews once I had collected all their food recipes.
The online coverage over the past few years I have seen has been appalling, and one has to ask what exactly the relationship was between these local papers and the gambling NWO football club.
I understand Scoop doesn't frequent Home Park since his job changed .... so much for yet another favoured fan we were all supposed to admire.

Its a good point. The local press were so far behind the curve it was untrue. The oft trotted out line was they had to be careful what they said. Rubbish say I they could have and should have acted as a 'vigilante'. It local news outlets want to survive spotting a local cause and going hell for leather to shine a light on it aggressively is where it's at.

If Fletcher continues to pull up the drawbridge or circle the wagons more fool him. Whilst some like me couldn't really care less for football managers inane pearls of wisdom public pronouncements and engagement with the press fan the flames of interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Dougie wrote:
The local press were so far behind the curve it was untrue. The oft trotted out line was they had to be careful what they said. Rubbish say I they could have and should have acted as a 'vigilante'.

Don't start me off Dougie.
cat
I don't know where this idea started from that the big local newspapers were the conscience of the community ? .... probably from a few hollywood films, but certainly not any town or city I have ever lived in.
They never have been. They're voices of local business, and of course Argyle are a reasonably sized business, with a rather large readership, or used to be a large readership. Nothing like the pecuniary importance trotted out by Peter Jones during the troubles, but nevertheless a much enjoyed mass local product. Anyone working in commercial publishing will tell you there are three constituencies they track ..... readers, advertisers and 'the makers of the products the publication covers. Most these days side with the advertisers, but it's an end game. These publications have had their day, and in my mind abused their local position for far too long where 'NEWS' is concerned. At least the Peverell shopper called itself what it was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Dougie wrote:
Penz wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Its a good point. The local press were so far behind the curve it was untrue. The oft trotted out line was they had to be careful what they said. Rubbish say I they could have and should have acted as a 'vigilante'. It local news outlets want to survive spotting a local cause and going hell for leather to shine a light on it aggressively is where it's at.

If Fletcher continues to pull up the drawbridge or circle the wagons more fool him. Whilst some like me couldn't really care less for football managers inane pearls of wisdom public pronouncements and engagement with the press fan the flames of interest.

Nothing's changed though, in fact it's got worse. Now it seems that not only is the local press and radio kissing the ass of all things Brent, we now have PCC joining in for a taste!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:07 am

Thing is GJ thats my point we WONT spend any money!

Competitive budget ? hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm - wotton, purse walton & bhasera will have taken the lions share im sure.
We have to remember is the budget overall & we have some BIG earners on it - i wouldnt mind betting that CF has around 300k to play with in total - thats not going to go far with signing on fees & £1.5-2k a week wages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..   Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Errington runs the rule over Argyle Squad..
Page 1 of 1