Freathy
mouldyoldgoat
Dane
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gareth Nicholson

Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:57 am

I think it's fairly clear that the fanfests can't carry on as they are. They were set up for a specific reason, to provide a vehicle for fans to get together and support the staff who had gone unpaid as a result of the incompetence of the previous regime.

On that score they have been a great success. They draw all sorts of fans in and they do entertain. I hold no torch for many of the people named frequently on this site but the GTs seem to me to have acted for the benefit of Argyle and its family. I've been a few times and while I can't say I enjoy the comedy I would say that of most "banter" at football. But I have very close friends who do so that's why I go.

On the wider issue, the fanfests can't carry on really.

It's clear that they have an impact on in-stadium catering. That was certainly the case when the catering was run by a contractor (200-odd people buying a pint and a pasty outside the ground for a fiver rather than inside it for getting on for £7 is going to impact your turnover) and I reckon it's still the case now.

I'm surprised that nobody on the pasoti catering thread has mentioned that the service was taken in house before the start of last season. Anyone who has a view on the level of produce and service on offer should also ask questions about the levels of staffing, the demands put on staff and the quality of equipment they have to work with. The club have not got catering right but it's probably more the club's fault than it is the staff.

But back on the point: the club must think of the potential income lost to match day revenue because of the fanfests with increasing gnashing of teeth. While it served a purpose of its time when staff had been unpaid for months, the model on which Brent and co are intent rests on maximising revenue streams and that includes catering. I reckon there'll be some sort of fudge enabling fanfest type events to continue but making sure that revenue is for a specific part of club revenue - probably the youth team.

And that's no bad thing. Much rather have Brent spend money on that then fulfilling the barmy desires of some on here and on Pasoti to open the chequebook again and spend spend spend.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:57 am

Does brent still occasionally turn up at these fan fests?

"Good grief, do I really have to go in that awful tent and mix with those ghastly people again? The day I finally off load this horrible football club can't come soon enough. Oh well needs must"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:07 am

Argyle the friendliest fans in the country?

A Fleetwood fan takes the time and effort to sign up and post on Pasoti to thank Argyle fans for their hospitality and the Pasoti owner wades in with a dig at their numbers?

Just when will Nooligan understand that we are the likes of now? The likes of Fleetwood are light years ahead of us despite their attendances. What's important is the right infrastructure off the pitch and a decent management team with a decent budget to work with.

Does Newell honestly think the few Fleetwood fans give a shit that they only needed one coach to get to Plymouth when they picked up the easiest 3 points they'll get all season?

I doubt the Fleetwood fan would bother posting on Pasoti again though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:17 am

Greenjock wrote:

A Fleetwood fan takes the time and effort to sign up and post on Pasoti to thank Argyle fans for their hospitality and the Pasoti owner wades in with a dig at their numbers?

Just when will Nooligan understand that we are the likes of now? The likes of Fleetwood are light years ahead of us despite their attendances. What's important is the right infrastructure off the pitch and a decent management team with a decent budget to work with.

Does Newell honestly think the few Fleetwood fans give a shit that they only needed one coach to get to Plymouth when they picked up the easiest 3 points they'll get all season?

Can't bear to look Jock but it is typical nooligan. Wait til the ministand is finished and he can strut around the lower leagues boasting about the magnificent Home Park when compared to 'the likes of ' Fleetwood and Sid James. Crowing how England's most parochial city club took a mahoosive 5 [free]coaches to Sarfend.
The club has become so village, it would be amusing............... if not so tragic.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:43 am

Greenjock wrote:

You have to remember your dealing with a moron! He knows nothing about football and displays this with his braindead comments.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:58 am

Next April when Fleetwood are celebrating automatic promotion with games to spare and we're yet again frantically doing our sums trying to work out if scraping 22nd is still a possibility ask if they give a shit about how many FES coaches we fill then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 10:02 am

Don't you mean how many FES coaches we FIL !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 10:09 am

I've twice been to a Fans Fest. The beer was good. The pasty was good. It was cheap. The entertainment was ok if you take it in the spirit it's delivered - it wouldn't be my choice of comedy but not much I would knock. If it's hastened the payment of debts to staff that's a good thing. I've never understood the criticism of the GTs.

I'd be interested if the vehement knockers on here have actually been. I suspect the angry comments about the usual suspects getting their pictures on that wonderful web-site G-o-S are simply envious. Go along and you may even feature the next time. Go along and announce who you are & where you're from and you'd certainly feature. Everyone would be happy then,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:54 am

Tringreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Can't bear to look Jock but it is typical nooligan. Wait til the ministand is finished and he can strut around the lower leagues boasting about the magnificent Home Park when compared to 'the likes of ' Fleetwood and Sid James. Crowing how England's most parochial city club took a mahoosive 5 [free]coaches to Sarfend.
The club has become so village, it would be amusing............... if not so tragic.  
You forgot to mention he could strut around Home Park with his lanyard round his neck, then swan around the away games with his fake Argyle tie and cheap suit getting his photo taken with high profile celebs like the chuckle brothers.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:43 pm

I haven't been knecht but I've seen clips and it's a mixture of jokes lifted off sickipedia that week and Christmas cracker jokes. Obviously Jimmy Savile was the source of a lot of their material but not as disgusting as the one's told on here because dogbreath Hooper is able to enjoy himself at fanfests but can't read ATD without having a mild heart attack.

Fanfests are pro-Brent events that will end when the ministand goes up and Nooligan and the rest of Brent's boys will pretend it's for the best because they're two-faced cnuts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:21 pm

knecht wrote:
I've twice been to a Fans Fest. The beer was good. The pasty was good. It was cheap. The entertainment was ok if you take it in the spirit it's delivered - it wouldn't be my choice of comedy but not much I would knock. If it's hastened the payment of debts to staff that's a good thing. I've never understood the criticism of the GTs.

I'd be interested if the vehement knockers on here have actually been. I suspect the angry comments about the usual suspects getting their pictures on that wonderful web-site G-o-S are simply envious. Go along and you may even feature the next time. Go along and announce who you are & where you're from and you'd certainly feature. Everyone would be happy then,

Cor blimey knecht that's all very revolutionary.....you might have to pay a penance for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I haven't been knecht but I've seen clips and it's a mixture of jokes lifted off sickipedia that week and Christmas cracker jokes. Obviously Jimmy Savile was the source of a lot of their material but not as disgusting as the one's told on here because dogbreath Hooper is able to enjoy himself at fanfests but can't read ATD without having a mild heart attack.

Fanfests are pro-Brent events that will end when the ministand goes up and Nooligan and the rest of Brent's boys will pretend it's for the best because they're two-faced cnuts.

As I said .... "The entertainment was ok if you take it in the spirit it's delivered - it wouldn't be my choice of comedy but not much I would knock". It's not innovative. It's not very clever. It's not revolutionary. In the tent with lots of people laughing, it's funny...... and then it's forgotten. As for it being pro-Brent.... I dunno. I haven't been often enough to know. The twice I've been and the clips I've seen felt like cheeky school-boy humour and the teachers are sometimes the butt. But, as I said, ' "The entertainment was ok if you take it in the spirit it's delivered - it wouldn't be my choice of comedy but not much I would knock". It's not innovative. It's not very clever. It's not revolutionary. In the tent with lots of people laughing, it's funny...... and then it's forgotten.' Hardly a nest of vipers is it? Just a lot of people having a laugh and being entertained by some local performers.

Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:01 pm

knecht wrote:

Been half dozen times over couple of seasons. As you say it is cheap and ale was good. Didn't really pay too much attention to the "show" as stayed at the bar and the work the GT's have done should only be applauded and I suspect they are annoyed with their name being dragged in Argyle politics .

With reference to your last point, at last home match last season I was talking to LG (Lostwithiel Green who I'm only on "recognise him from away games over last 25 years terms") at the bar about his "retirement" when saw IJN making beckoning gesture in our direction. Could have been interesting if it was to me and not as turned out to LG who was being summoned to the board room experience.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:03 pm

knecht wrote:

Glad you enjoyed rubbing shoulders with PAFC celebs. Not my cup of tea, but if I go to Home Park it's to watch a football match. Odd I know, but there you go.

I don't think there is a lot of criticism of the GT's or the principle behind the fan fests. It seems to me though that they have been 'taken over' by Nool and Webby as a self promotion opportunity and that, quite naturally, puts people off and leads to the sort of criticism that has been coming on this forum. Justifiable or not, it's certainly understandable.

The 'envious' comment is strange though, that's normally the line from Pyongyang when there's any criticism of the superfans. I'm certainly not envious and I can't believe that anyone else on here is.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:09 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
knecht wrote:

Glad you enjoyed rubbing shoulders with PAFC celebs. Not my cup of tea, but if I go to Home Park it's to watch a football match. Odd I know, but there you go.

I don't think there is a lot of criticism of the GT's or the principle behind the fan fests. It seems to me though that they have been 'taken over' by Nool and Webby as a self promotion opportunity and that, quite naturally, puts people off and leads to the sort of criticism that has been coming on this forum. Justifiable or not, it's certainly understandable.

The 'envious' comment is strange though, that's normally the line from Pyongyang when there's any criticism of the superfans. I'm certainly not envious and I can't believe that anyone else on here is.
This.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:37 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

The only people I rubbed shoulders with were my brother, his wife and in-laws. The first occasion I went it was at their treat. The second time I paid myself to join them.

I think there has been a lot of criticism implied & direct of the GTs on here. Self-promotion by certain people is unavoidable. And, I agree, some of the comments on here from some people have been on occasion justifiable, understandable and predictable.

As for my "envious" comment it was intended to tease. The way that anyone would get their photos on G-o-S would be to attend an event at Argyle. I've been in there twice - once courtesy of some work for the Trust and once courtesy of ATD. Signed copies are available for a small fee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:38 pm

Tringreen wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
knecht wrote:

This.
That ..... Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:09 pm

This.................Gotta love Peter Jones. 'The club needs investment and vision', Nov 2007. Now he supports boxing the club in and it being run by self promoting bucket rattlers as a charity case, whilst the reluctant bidder cashes in before moving on. No investment. No vision.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Tringreen wrote:
This.................Gotta love Peter Jones. 'The club needs investment and vision', Nov 2007. Now he supports boxing the club in and it being run by self promoting bucket rattlers as a charity case, whilst the reluctant bidder cashes in before moving on. No investment. No vision.

Apart from the specific crap Argo situation, PAFC is just another pawn in the game of corporate sport exploitation it really has boiled down to about 7,000 (and diminishing) individuals who still have some connection to their local club. When the Brent corporate ghetto is built I can envisage in about two years time the Chelsea, Man Utd etc shirt wearers walking past conference team H.P chomping on their Nandos, on their way to the ice rink - and looking the other way.
The futures bright and it's definitely not green.cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Brent has spent nothing and will spend nothing. He is not a mega wealthy person and all of his business transactions will be conducted on paper as there is never any real money used for a major development. That stint within "the city" would of done him wonders for obtaining loans and at extremely low interest rates. Just like when the Glaziers took over Man U, but doing so put the club into the red to the tune of around £750 million and that was only aloud to happen because of their revenue.
And as for mullets that Dave was one of Newell's merry men at the FOCP meeting, so in my opinion he is a prick (and that's not a joke)
I also see that they are preparing for the future with that mural asking where the green army is Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Newell sits inside the door of the fans fest collecting the money for the tickets as you go in, he is well in on the organisation of these events,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Dane. wrote:
Newell sits inside the door of the fans fest collecting the money for the tickets as you go in, he is well in on the organisation of these events,
 Ive pretty much known that since day 1, folk used to say that the GT and the fan-fests were "non political" ventures and set ups but how can they be with the likes of Newell and Webb pretty much at the centre stage of everything that goes on at such things, hell even personal details of ATD members have been proven to have been handed around on the GT buses!!
Add in to that you have the money lender whose name i shall not mention appointing the fatman as his PR rep and you then pretty much have the full picture.
Non political?......ye right pale 
You then have the sheer hypocrisy of the so called independent Pasoti ran by .....you guessed it Newell, the leaders of which and puppets of Brent who frequent this vipers nest amongst other things have sent white feathers to terminal cancer victims, made repeated attempts to de-stabilise the trust under pseudonyms, the Greenman and Deepthroat fiascos spring to mind. They have rigged polls, lynch-mobbed FOCP meetings, hijacked petitions and manipulated the truth by using literally dozens of multi accounts , lord knows how many multiple pasoti accounts are owned by this corrupt imbecile and his chums, Wankers like PL2 and Postey to name a few.
The worlds biggest hypocrites are now gurning like Bitches  because they suspect that some of the votes on the Herald poll could have been done through different computers and login details, quite possibly so but it is equally likely that just as many could have done in the same manner the other way given the track record of the brothers grim and their nefarious activities. 
The puppets of Pasoti can certainly dish it out by their filthy stinking corrupt evil ways,but when the glove is on the other hand............
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 12:54 am

Postey appears to be pushing for those on the PASB to make their votes known on the release of the support statement. It's quite obvious where it is going to go and that one of the groups which make up the PASB will be attacked for their stance. Anti statements regarding this supporter's body are starting to crop up again on pasoti, from the usual suspects- an attack is imminent.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 2:34 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Postey appears to be pushing for those on the PASB to make their votes known on the release of the support statement. It's quite obvious where it is going to go and that one of the groups which make up the PASB will be attacked for their stance. Anti statements regarding this supporter's body are starting to crop up again on pasoti, from the usual suspects- an attack is imminent.
No doubt you are talking about the AFT 'element' within the Pasb?

Then good!

The AFT should welcome the attention and make as much light of the differences that they have with the 'official voice' of the Pasb, and at the same time shout out aloud the concerns they feel the fans have, that because of the Pasb, are not being addressed, or being taken seriously by James Brent or PCC.

The AFT are quickly headed towards complete 'political' irrelevance and without that civic niche, they will be nothing more than a supporters club hosting film nights etc.

As a personal opinion...   I would say the "senior Greens" are much more 'active' and hold more sway than the AFT - which is a sorry state of affairs.

The 'Working Group' stuff was great, but since then...  I feel the AFT really dropped the ball when they had the chance to harness the disillusionment of so many fans concerning the HHP development and just let the chance go.  Webb would have been chomping on the bit.

If the AFT are not going to be 'political', than what is their point?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:27 am

Rickler wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
No doubt you are talking about the AFT 'element' within the Pasb?

Then good!

The AFT should welcome the attention and make as much light of the differences that they have with the 'official voice' of the Pasb, and at the same time shout out aloud the concerns they feel the fans have, that because of the Pasb, are not being addressed, or being taken seriously by James Brent or PCC.

The AFT are quickly headed towards complete 'political' irrelevance and without that civic niche, they will be nothing more than a supporters club hosting film nights etc.

As a personal opinion...   I would say the "senior Greens" are much more 'active' and hold more sway than the AFT - which is a sorry state of affairs.

The 'Working Group' stuff was great, but since then...  I feel the AFT really dropped the ball when they had the chance to harness the disillusionment of so many fans concerning the HHP development and just let the chance go.  Webb would have been chomping on the bit.

If the AFT are not going to be 'political', than what is their point?
Quite simple in my mind, dear boy. They become 'acceptable' to the reluctant bidder via his CEO. More unpaid bucket rattlers seeking some perceived status and recognition at HP.
Maybe I'm being unfair and the AFT is merely positioning for the day the money has been made and the boxed in club, with heavy debt, floundering along, is up for grabs again.
I the latter is the case, they will need a lot more members and as you so rightly point out,they have missed the opportunity to harness the disillusionment of many fans..................... particularly the intelligent and decent ones !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent is a disgrace
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next