mouldyoldgoat
Dane
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 9:13 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
This is one thing that is wrong. Same old faces trying to be someone. Same old Avivafest.

The reluctant bidder and Aviva chose well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I went to the fanfest to have a laugh and a couple of drinks with some mates, not to try and be anyone except myself. Perhaps I didn't get the memo for the top secret CIA meeting that came afterwards.
That lot would think a memo is a lost fish. What a feckin embarrassing shambles, PAFC has become.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 9:21 pm

Janners.....Janners  jocolor jocolor geek geek lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:55 am

punchdrunk wrote:

Janners.....Janners  jocolor jocolor geek geek lol!
Same old, same old except Mr Starnes got in there - probably not his fault, he'll learn!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:59 am

Oh please mate - he's not the only one, many take the mantle up there now!!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:00 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
This is one thing that is wrong. Same old faces trying to be someone. Same old Avivafest.

Jesus wept

And on another point (judging by the placard behind those 2 prancing oafs) i take it they were taking the piss out of the FOCP.
Mostly the same self promoting faces, if the devil could cast his net.......................
What they're too thick to realise is FOCP's aims could have actually saved Argyle in the long run. But the mulleted aviva along with all the other gullable and dim witted avivas would much rather support brent getting rich at the expense of Argyle. Why are these people so stupid?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:17 am

Freathy wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Jesus wept

And on another point (judging by the placard behind those 2 prancing oafs) i take it they were taking the piss out of the FOCP.
Mostly the same self promoting faces, if the devil could cast his net.......................
What they're too thick to realise is FOCP's aims could have actually saved Argyle in the long run.  But the mulleted aviva along with all the other gullable and dim witted avivas would much rather support brent getting rich at the expense of Argyle.  Why are these people so stupid?
Simply because brent has played on their vanity/stupidity and afforded them deemed celebrity status. As a result the potential fanbase is divided.
At least we're still flying high in this table, despite the fact that the Avivafest mentallity and the actions of the devious, self promoting ones, has alienated many decent, thinking fans.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 10:36 am

Thread slagging Brent by Dane merged with this one. Clearly the same subject.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 8:03 pm

That photo of Niķkkkkkkkk is vomit inducing!

Can anyone remember when nikkkkkkkk's identity was such a secret because he wanted to stay out of the limelight and be the robin hood of division 4?

Now his identity is common knowledge the fucker can't be avoided!

As philanthropic as James Brent but more likely to show his face in public.

IF we lose to Cheltenham, which is long odds-on, he'll have to offer free helicopter flights to the next game, sponsored by FES/FIL.

"Does a lodda great work for charidee"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Can anyone remember when nikkkkkkkk's identity was such a secret because he wanted to stay out of the limelight and be the robin hood of division 4?

IF we lose to Cheltenham, which is long odds-on, he'll have to offer free helicopter flights to the next game, sponsored by FES/FIL.

Everything that i envisaged about Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk rang true in those photos on GOS, the only other time i had seen him before that was with you guessed it grinning inanely with Nool.
And those blue slaks with the blue loafers .........lol!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Greenjock wrote:

I kind of thought the same.

What could he add to the mural tour apart from "I paid for that one", "I paid for that one", "Ummm I paid for that one", "Don't know who that is but I paid for it", "I paid for that one", "I paid for that one and that one and that one and that one and that one and that one and that one and see that one over there I paid for that one too"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:05 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Everything that i envisaged about Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk rang true in those photos on GOS, the only other time i had seen him before that was with you guessed it grinning inanely with Nool.
And those blue slaks with the blue loafers .........lol!
Humpy dumpty in blue loafers.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Oh that wanker banana. He needs to get a haircut. What a puffed up lack of talent he is
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:31 pm

and he now sponsors the stewards tabards !!!! LOL.....anything else left to sponsor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:42 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
and he now sponsors the stewards tabards !!!!  LOL.....anything else left to sponsor
The toilet roll Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:43 pm

That's so Nooligan can threaten them all again and not have to worry about reprisals. "Do you know who I an"

"Of course we do you fat bastard, James Brent's dildo"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:45 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
and he now sponsors the stewards tabards !!!!  LOL.....anything else left to sponsor
 The self promotion speaks volumes.
Nickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk the removed by admin teams up with nool the fat removed by admin
Nickkkkkk thinks money can buy him love

Sorry Punch, have edited your post. Think that was a little bit too OTT even for here.-Yea Man
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:58 pm

It can. Newell has been giving him prorate massages since nikkk burst on the scene
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:29 pm

mannameadbabe wrote:
Oh that wanker banana.  He needs to get a haircut. What a puffed up lack of talent he is
Very strong words against someone. What's he done to deserve all that, really? The FFs aren't everyone's cup of tea and neither are Rick/Dave but can't help but think this is OTT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:47 am

It's that photo in front of that piss taking banner with that piss taking placard wot probably done it, Sam.

Though no doubt he was put up to it by one of the superfans (are we allowed to use that offensive term on here?)
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:15 am

ejh wrote:
It's that photo in front of that piss taking banner with that piss taking placard wot probably done it, Sam.

Though no doubt he was put up to it by one of the superfans (are we allowed to use that offensive term on here?)
I can understand that people may be offended by it. I was going to say that ultimately they have freedom of speech to be mocking of FOCP but on reflection, using that logic then I guess people also have the freedom of speech to be so critical of them. Fair enough.

I can only say that Rick O'Shea calls it as he sees it. He was outspoken in his criticism of the club when Fletcher was kept on for far too long and he has also made several jokes at the fan fest about Argyle going for the cheap option. All in the right spirit. That is what their act is, they satire current affairs hot potatos.

Taking aside this particular example and going onto a more general point though.....I'm not naive and I won't pretend that the overall 'tone' of the fanfests isn't generally pretty pro-Brent. Because it is. However, going back to the point, I guess that is R +D's opinion and I don't agree with anyone on anything. References to 'Lord Brent' whilst they themselves aren't entirely serious and are used as part of a joke or song, I will freely admit do make me cringe a little bit. They do make me think 'hang on, as much as JB did save our club and is a nice man to talk to etc, things aren't exactly going well under him are they and there's no sign of them improving'. If there had been this level of admiration showed towards Stapleton after two promotions then I'd get it fully but that is two promotions. The fan fests are I will admit more pro-Brent than is to my personal opinion.

However, ultimately, when all's said and done, the fan fests to me are a relaxation and a bit of fun. They're not a debating society. I'd have to disagree with the description of talentless- their humour isn't exactly PC or modern but it makes me laugh. Their jokes are always said as just said- a joke playing on current affairs without any malice ever meant. Just because some of the jokes aren't PC doesn't mean that Rick and Dave themselves are a pair of Alf Garnett throwbacks. They mock the culture surrounding certain topics- it's just observational comedy which can be to do with the FOCP, the club (as said above and at Ridsdale in the past) and just general affairs/news. I can honestly say that for the past few years the fan fests have been the highlight of my matchday. Parochial? Yes, and aware of it. Un PC? Yes, but again with that self-awareness of what they are and that all they say is good natured humour without bad intent or feeling.

I don't know quite how and why this thread turned into a review of the fan fests as an entertainment product but that's the art of conversation for you! Off to write lines now reminding myself not to divert threads wildly onto a tangent again...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:02 am

GreenSam wrote:
ejh wrote:

I can understand that people may be offended by it. I was going to say that ultimately they have freedom of speech to be mocking of FOCP but on reflection, using that logic then I guess people also have the freedom of speech to be so critical of them. Fair enough.

I can only say that Rick O'Shea calls it as he sees it. He was outspoken in his criticism of the club when Fletcher was kept on for far too long and he has also made several jokes at the fan fest about Argyle going for the cheap option. All in the right spirit. That is what their act is, they satire current affairs hot potatos.

Taking aside this particular example and going onto a more general point though.....I'm not naive and I won't pretend that the overall 'tone' of the fanfests isn't generally pretty pro-Brent. Because it is. However, going back to the point, I guess that is R +D's opinion and I don't agree with anyone on anything. References to 'Lord Brent' whilst they themselves aren't entirely serious and are used as part of a joke or song, I will freely admit do make me cringe a little bit. They do make me think 'hang on, as much as JB did save our club and is a nice man to talk to etc, things aren't exactly going well under him are they and there's no sign of them improving'. If there had been this level of admiration showed towards Stapleton after two promotions then I'd get it fully but that is two promotions. The fan fests are I will admit more pro-Brent than is to my personal opinion.

However, ultimately, when all's said and done, the fan fests to me are a relaxation and a bit of fun. They're not a debating society. I'd have to disagree with the description of talentless- their humour isn't exactly PC or modern but it makes me laugh. Their jokes are always said as just said- a joke playing on current affairs without any malice ever meant. Just because some of the jokes aren't PC doesn't mean that Rick and Dave themselves are a pair of Alf Garnett throwbacks. They mock the culture surrounding certain topics- it's just observational comedy which can be to do with the FOCP, the club (as said above and at Ridsdale in the past) and just general affairs/news. I can honestly say that for the past few years the fan fests have been the highlight of my matchday. Parochial? Yes, and aware of it. Un PC? Yes, but again with that self-awareness of what they are and that all they say is good natured humour without bad intent or feeling.

I don't know quite how and why this thread turned into a review of the fan fests as an entertainment product but that's the art of conversation for you! Off to write lines now reminding myself not to divert threads wildly onto a tangent again...

That's ATD for you lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:37 am

It is possible to make people laugh with tired, dated material and a lack of real talent. Jim Davidson, Bernard Manning and many others made a bloody good living out of it for decades, but Rick and Dave are copying these other comedians routines twenty years after their sell by dates as if they sit at home watching betamax videos of "The comedians".

The fanfests might as well begin with "There now follows a party political broadcast on behalf of the James Brent is God party".

The examples Sam gives of Rick and Dave being critical of the club are pretty pathetic and I'm sure Sam knows it really, he's an intelligent person after all.

If Rick and Dave were being ironic it might be a good parody but they're not. These clowns really do believe they're funny and talented ffs!

To join in the FOCP bashing just shows what a pair of morons they are. "Get it built you janner"

Any news yet on what will be happening to the fanfests once Lord Brent's ministand and non property development development goes ahead?

Now there's the funniest joke of all, crap mullet haired comedians become the first victims of their own pro-Brent campaign. Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:47 am

This hate for the FOCP is yet another comedy own goal by Newell when not long ago he was blabbing on about someone in his family being the founder father Laughing 

Not very nice to call someone in your family a NIMBY is it lol! 

popcorn 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:51 am

GreenSam wrote:
ejh wrote:

I had to check, half way through, that I wasn't enduring one of Sensi's missives by accident study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:56 am

And another report of racist abuse from Argyle fans.

Best fans in the country?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent is a disgrace    Brent is a disgrace  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent is a disgrace
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next