Tringreen
Chemical Ali
Han Solos Other Ship
Dougie
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:07 pm

`rgill wrote:
Another glorious defeat,wish we could be like Accrington and Newport.

Bloody Welshies....no stopping em
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:10 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
This season is following the same pattern as last, last season we lost the opening league game then we lost narowly in the league cup at burnley, but the facts are two games two defeats, if we lose to fleetwood on saturday the pressure will be on, and the shit budget brent set will become evident with our weak squad.

Yes and dont forget the old onion bag the "PRE SEASON MEANS NOTHING" we may be tiresome but at least we are consistently right lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:11 pm

How much was this "shit budget" then? Do share as I'm genuinely interested and you seem to know.

A loss is a loss as has been said. Not a hammering as was predicted but not a glorious victory either. As nobody much expected a victory anyway then no great disappointment there then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:14 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
This season is following the same pattern as last, last season we lost the opening league game then we lost narowly in the league cup at burnley, but the facts are two games two defeats, if we lose to fleetwood on saturday the pressure will be on, and the shit budget brent set will become evident with our weak squad.

Yes and dont forget the old onion bag the "PRE SEASON MEANS NOTHING" we may be tiresome but at least we are consistently right lol!
You are so right punchy, those that accuse us of being negative all the time are right... wtf is ther to be positive about? a mural tour or a free coach to hartlepool! god help us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
How much was this "shit budget" then?    Do share as I'm genuinely interested and you seem to know.

A loss is a loss as has been said.    Not a hammering as was predicted but not a glorious victory either.    As nobody much expected a victory anyway then no great disappointment there then.
as your genuinely interested i'll give a genuine reply, an out of work left back who been sacked by every club he's been at, a out of work defender who has not had a club since april.and the rest free transfers from small clubs, if the budget is good why have we signed these sort of players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:25 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
How much was this "shit budget" then?    Do share as I'm genuinely interested and you seem to know.

A loss is a loss as has been said.    Not a hammering as was predicted but not a glorious victory either.    As nobody much expected a victory anyway then no great disappointment there then.

Its not so much the loss but the stinking record in cup competitions in general that is starting to get peoples backs up, stop getting knocked out in the first round of the League Cup, stop getting knocked out of the FA Cup by non league teams every year and people might start to be slightly less pissed off about the miserable league form, who knows a good cup run might bring in a bit of cash, but evidently not as the team never turned up for the extra 30 tonight when the tie was there for the taking.
I see Newport and Accrington seen off superior opposition tonight, different year, different upsets, different teams, never Argyle though  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:47 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Just becuase we're uber shit and not surprised we lost yet another match doesn't mean we're not allowed 'diappointment'. Are you sure you're a football fan? And yes let's all celebrate losinng but not getting mullered out of sight. In fact let's make losing the new winning!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:39 am

Not really bothered about this cup to be honest.

We have more chance of Brent opening his wallet and signing a million pound player than we have of winning it.

Taking Birmingham to extra time isn't a bad result.

Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:55 am

Agree 100% Yea. AT least I got the 5 goals bit right LOL etc.

Just seen the goals on SSN Lew's first was a feckin belter. Sounded like a much better performance than the shower of shite on Saturday which in all honesty is all we could have hoped for from this game. Shocking defending for their last 2 goals though but I guess we won't be playing against the mobility and movement of Championship players every week
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:23 am

For the most part an improved display against a Birmingham side of unknown quality (at least to me I didn't have a clue about any of their players). Blackman is going to be an enigma. Not a solid left back and prone to clueless errors as far as I'm concerned but reasonable going forward yet even then seems to have the ability to upset his team mates. Also gets into unnecessary tussles with the opposition. I hope I don't have to watch Morgan as a wide front player again just a waste. Allesandra put the fear of the footballing gods up his opposite number and was really good for his goals (though I think his screamer took a heavy deflection but hey they count).

Birmingham gave Argyle more space to breath than Southend did which is why to an extent Boco and Allesandra could flourish and why the central midfield paring had an easier game than on Saturday.

Oh and Cole excelled and it was some response to trying to win his place back. Either keeper will be disappointed not to play on Saturday.

Other than all that I missed extra as I scampered for my train home along with a good few other London bound supporters. It was gutting to see that the had scored via the t'internet. So I have nothing to say about extra time.

Hoping the team can take something of last night into the rough and tumble of 4th division football on Saturday. Next up for me Cheltenham away I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:31 am

Dougie wrote:
For the most part an improved display against a Birmingham side of unknown quality (at least to me I didn't have a clue about any of their players).  Blackman is going to be an enigma.  Not a solid left back and prone to clueless errors as far as I'm concerned but reasonable going forward yet even then seems to have the ability to upset his team mates.  Also gets into unnecessary tussles with the opposition.  I hope I don't have to watch Morgan as a wide front player again just a waste.  Allesandra put the fear of the footballing gods up his opposite number and was really good for his goals (though I think his screamer took a heavy deflection but hey they count).  

Birmingham gave Argyle more space to breath than Southend did which is why to an extent Boco and Allesandra could flourish and why the central midfield paring had an easier game than on Saturday.

Oh and Cole excelled and it was some response to trying to win his place back.  Either keeper will be disappointed not to play on Saturday.

Other than all that I missed extra as I scampered for my train home along with a good few other London bound supporters.  It was gutting to see that the had scored via the t'internet.  So I have nothing to say about extra time.

Hoping the team can take something of last night into the rough and tumble of 4th division football on Saturday.  Next up for me Cheltenham away I think.

Me too if I can get someone to swap my shift for me Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:36 am

I am glad to hear that we played better and that there are some positive signs, but after five years of utter shite we have started this season with two straight defeats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:42 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I am glad to hear that we played better and that there are some positive signs, but after five years of utter shite we have started this season with two straight defeats.

Can't argue with that Frank.

We need to win on Saturday or it's going to be very easy for the heads to drop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:45 am

Yea Man wrote:
Not really bothered about this cup to be honest.

We have more chance of Brent opening his wallet and signing a million pound player than we have of winning it.

Taking Birmingham to extra time isn't a bad result.

Surely it's not about winning it but trying to get through a few rounds, drawing ManU away and earning some much needed cash for the club while giving the fans something to smile about, if not what's the point in playing in it............going into extra time could have an adverse affect on our glowing league form !!!
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:09 am

Lads even the Sturrock league 2 title winning side wouldn't have beat Brum away. No biggie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:18 am

What was the score?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:20 am

3 - 2 to Brum after extra time.

Apparently a good performance from Shezza's men.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:39 am

That has to be regarded as a good result, I know it's a loss but two goals against a prem team has to be good, be positive.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:09 am

I went to the game last night [got back at 2:35am] and i thought Argyle played really well. Two good goals and a decent penalty save by Cole. For the 620-ish Argyle fans there,most were happy with the way Argyle played.

Birmingham City certainly won't be setting the Championship alight this season..According to a steward up there,Birmingham City have no money/sold most of the decent players and are unlikely to see a full house all season [well,for league games anyway].

If Argyle can play like they did last night Vs Fleetwood Town this coming Saturday,then it could be an interesting game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:41 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I went to the game last night [got back at 2] and i thought Argyle played really well. Two good goals and a decent penalty save by Cole. For the 620-ish Argyle fans there,most were happy with the way Argyle played.

Birmingham City certainly won't be setting the Championship alight this season..According to a steward up there,Birmingham City have no money/sold most of the decent players and are unlikely to see a full house all season [well,for league games anyway].

If Argyle can play like they did last night Vs Fleetwood Town this coming Saturday,then it could be an interesting game.

Thanks Village. It certainly sounded a great deal more positive than Saturday.

I understand how a defeat on Saturday can suddenly make gloomy reading but bearing in mind Fleetwood are favourites to win the league then I'm more interested in the performance and Sheridan's approach at home this season. I'm hoping for a win and would be disappointed with a defeat, but I won't be predicting relegation if we lose with a creditable performance.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:46 pm

brums troubles are only just starting, 60k a week zigic two years left on that wage too lol!  a hint of what lies ahead for them.

brum typical yo-yo side, ground full in top flight then they lose 10k when they drop a division.

on the face of it is a respectable result.

Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

You could argue just a trifle after all it was 2-2 after 90 minutes.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:19 pm

gasser9 wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

You could argue just a trifle after all it was 2-2 after 90 minutes.

That is the result that goes down in the record books,apparently.

I had a look at some of the BCFC sites,not much about last night bar this:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Talking of the Brum crowd,only two sides of the ground seemed open last night. The main Grandstand for them and the away end,although they [Birmingham] did move behind the goal for the second half.

Class chant last night was when Argyle started singing ''tracksuits and ASBOs'' to the Birmingham fans ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Seems I'm not the only non footie fan in Freathy's book then as there are numerous other comments on here that it was no shock to lose. Of course I'd like Argyle to win every game but in practical terms it isn't a shock to go out away to a Championship side which is all I said.

No answer on the budget then SS68 except your own made up idea that it must be crap because Sheridan has signed XYZ and not Barca's reserves. On one hand you have said you trust Sheridan who picked these players to sign and on the other you say his hands are tied and his working budget is crap. Either you trust him and back him or you think a monkey could do the job as he has no choice. You can't change your mind just to prove a different point of view. The only fact is that none of us know what budget he has and anything is only based on assumption of what you want to believe depending on the camp you are in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 5:27 pm

[quote="Sensiblegreeny"]Seems I'm not the only non footie fan in Freathy's book then as there are numerous other comments on here that it was no shock to lose.    Of course I'd like Argyle to win every game but in practical terms it isn't a shock to go out away to a Championship side which is all I said.

No answer on the budget then SS68 except your own made up idea that it must be crap because Sheridan has signed XYZ and not Barca's reserves.    On one hand you have said you trust Sheridan who picked these players to sign and on the other you say his hands are tied and his working budget is crap.    Either you trust him and back him or you think a monkey could do the job as he has no choice.    You can't change your mind just to prove a different point of view.    The only fact is that none of us know what budget he has and anything is only based on assumption of what you want to believe depending on the camp you are in.I tried to engage you in a converstation about football, but your just a thick troll! i never said a monkey could do better, you just made that up!! you'll have to do better than that popeye, your trolling is not the same standard as tw@t the younger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Noses v Green Tints   Blue Noses v Green Tints - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blue Noses v Green Tints
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next