Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.

Go down 
+3
Tringreen
Greenskin
akagreengull
7 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. Empty
PostSubject: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:09 am

Really? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:10 am

Is this an entry for the longest ever thread title on a football forum? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:15 am

He's also said in the Herald today, apropos the 20% share offer to the Trust, and extending the deadline for the Trust's response:

"Clearly, if there was an enthusiasm and passion to do something then we aren't constrained by that deadline, but I'm not sure there necessarily is."

I really don't see how comments like that can be helpful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:19 am

No team looked any better than Argyle? All bad luck and poor refereeing decisions I expect.

Dorchester looked better than us for a start.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:19 am

I think he appears more interested in running the club on the cheap, using a few deepthroat types and willing bucket rattlers, than he is in any real community ownership/involvement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 am

The ice is cracking.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:34 am

gillingham, burton, dorchester,rotherham, cheltenham, wycombe, wimbledon,southend, portvale,torquay, burnley, oxford,daggers, aldershot, yeovil: and thats since youve been at this club, brent

#eyeswideshut
#earofapig
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:42 am

Greenskin wrote:
Is this an entry for the longest ever thread title on a football forum? lol!
cheers
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:49 am

Must admit reading the Brent interview today - I feel even more concerned about where PAFC is heading than I did yesterday. Still it's good to know we are better than any team we have played so far this season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:59 am

Golly and there's me thinking we are crap

Ah well what do I know
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:59 am

Can't only be green tinted spectacles. He also has a 'fourth wall' with an Argyle badge and a revised table for League Two on it. The positions are calculated by how hard the respective managers said their team worked.

Bloody hell he seems to have learnt nothing about football in the last 12 months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:04 am

"Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours."

Thought for the day?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:21 am

Tring's gonna love this! lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 am

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:11 pm

The trick is in the use of the word "inherently", he seems a slippery, silver tongued fellow this saviour of yours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 pm

Brent says some really strange things at times, any PR poeple around at the time must have had their head in their hands. Stumbling at best.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:40 pm

His corporate man wouldn't be Napoleon would it ? Oh dear.................................................

He's cheap though Rolling Eyes

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:24 pm

Should have gone to spec savers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:15 pm

If taken as a given with that statement, why does he therefore think we have lost to so many of them especially at Home Park. It follows that if he thinks the team or squad is as good as anyone else's then why is he not questioning the Manager on the failure to beat them very often? Could this be taken as a veiled criticism of the managerial prowess being shown.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

If taken as a given with that statement, why does he therefore think we have lost to so many of them especially at Home Park. It follows that if he thinks the team or squad is as good as anyone else's then why is he not questioning the Manager on the failure to beat them very often? Could this be taken as a veiled criticism of the managerial prowess being shown.

No. I think he's just answering a different question, No need to change the manager, no need to sign anyone. move on nothing to see here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.   Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours. Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent told Herald Sport: "Maybe I have got green tints and I certainly have no experience (of football) but watching the games I have, I haven't see one team that has looked any better inherently than ours.
Page 1 of 1