Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you think shezza will see out the season?

Go down 
+6
Czarcasm
Rickler
GreenSam
seadog
Flat_Track_Bully
pepsipete
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Do you think shezza will see out the season? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Thought i might make a febble attempt at football small talk before every fecker deletes, do ya fink our mate shez will see the season out in a promotion blitz, or fall out with brents new bean counter and jack before christmas?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:17 pm

It's a big season for JS. He's had a rise and fall at Chesterfield and has won plaudits for last season but he needs a marker, a rebirth. Virtually all of the comments I've seen have been positive towards JS. The aspirations of JS and Argyle are intertwined. The issue one may have with the other is if performance takes a downturn. If anything this will be JS led and not JB led. JB cannot afford more disruption on the coaching staff. If JB delivers (and actually I'm struggling to fault his pre-season support) then yes JS will be here next year.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:44 pm

If he is successful a larger club will be in for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:48 pm

pepsipete wrote:
If he is successful a larger club will be in for him.

And if they do, us being the chicken shit operation with no ambition and a tiny stadium. it will be a no brainer for Sheridan, i give it 1 promotion before he sees the light and fucks off
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:07 pm

It basically took us being over the Blue Square conference barrel with our pants around our ankles before Fletcher got his marching orders, so I can't see Sheridan doing badly enough to get sacked. I reckon he's got plenty of years here if he wants them. He'll only leave if a club in a higher league comes in for him if he starts doing well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:08 pm

Hasn't he signed a three year contract. If another club comes in for him, it'll have to involve a very big offer for Sheridan that the club would see as something he couldn't miss out on - I.e. the club would have to say to him, "we'll let you go to get this improved contract at anotber club" OR it would involve compensation.

I can't see either happening.

I think the three year contract was a bold move by the club - I was expecting a one year rolling contract. I think Sheridan will see that as faith in him. He's been allowed to make some signings and, other than the Bhasera issue, things seem to be going his way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:13 pm

yes he will
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 10:02 pm

That's the final straw I'm off!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Yep.

He won't do nearly badly enough to get sacked yet I don't think we'll be in the play-offs either so I doubt anyone will be in for him.

Only spanner in the works could possibly be the strain of living apart from the family but I guess he's gone into this contract with eyes wide open.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:43 am

GreenSam wrote:
Yep.

He won't do nearly badly enough to get sacked yet I don't think we'll be in the play-offs either so I doubt anyone will be in for him.

Only spanner in the works could possibly be the strain of living apart from the family but I guess he's gone into this contract with eyes wide open.

For all we know that might be what attracted him in the first place Razz 

I think he will see out the season and more. He's got to be on a half decent League 2 management wage I should think so he's almost certainly happy with that, and I doubt we will be runaway league leaders all season to get other clubs sniffing around for his services.

I expect JS will leave Argyle once it becomes clear that the club's ambitions don't match his, probably next season.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:10 am

Greenjock wrote:

I think he will see out the season and more. He's got to be on a half decent League 2 management wage I should think so he's almost certainly happy with that, and I doubt we will be runaway league leaders all season to get other clubs sniffing around for his services.

I expect JS will leave Argyle once it becomes clear that the club's ambitions don't match his, probably next season.

Ever if we are runaway league leaders, I doubt very much that he will get that big an offer to make him leave.

Nobody yet has really considered what is the more likely scenario...

That we are in yet another relegation battle?

I honestly think if that happens, the club won't have the strength to survive again.

A good start to the season is an absolute must!

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:37 am

It'd be a major surprise for me if we're involved in another relegation scrap with Shezza as Boss.

I know he got a few of his own people in initially, but he basically took the shitest Argyle squad in history (cheers Fletch you outstanding individual, you) and put together a sequence of results that, if replicated over a full season, would have seen us finish comfortably top half.

A real rabbit out if the hat for me that was by Shezza. Pulia is always talked about in glowing terms for the way he turned around a team looking relegation-bound and steered them to safety comfortably. In years to come I think the job Sheridan did last year will be looked upon in equally glowing terms.

I expect a Shezza squad, especially as he has his own back room team now, to be comfortably mid-table at worst.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:38 am

if we end up in yet another relegation struggle does the club REALLY deserve to survive ?

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:39 am

Personally, I think the reality is that Fletcher was totally clueless and whilst Sheridan's performance to date has been a vast improvement, there is nothing evident yet, to set the pulse racing and to suggest that the club is set to repeat the Sturrock inspired rise up the leagues.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:59 am

Yep, Clueless Carl is the perfect example of someone being in a job they were completely incapable of doing. On the other hand, even with very moderate backing from the banker, Sheridan I'm sure is capable of dragging the club out of this utter shit division. However, with the reality of complete lack of backing from the odious banker Sheridan will still keep the team well clear of the danger zone but will not be able to compete with those high flyers with gates of 2,000 who will be dominating the promotion places.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:37 am

Yes, hopefully having had a solid season, which we desperately need. He has proven himself a decent lower league manager, however I haven't see anything to suggest him being much in demand above League One. Although even if a modest club in that division did come-a-knocking, he may well jump ship. I just don't trust our board and their pets not to screw even a simple season up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:05 pm

I think that Sheridan is very dedicated, I don't think he is looking to jump ship, you always had the feeling that Pulis was filling time here, I don't get that feeling with Shez. I honestly think he feels he can take Argyle up and I trust him to do it, not this season, but that's not Shezzas fault, after that we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
IMO it is crucial that we go up next season, the level of support the team have had these past few seasons is monumental, two seasons of mid table league 2 fare will see crowds back down to 2500.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Iggy wrote:
I think that Sheridan is very dedicated, I don't think he is looking to jump ship, you always had the feeling that Pulis was filling time here, I don't get that feeling with Shez. I honestly think he feels he can take Argyle up and I trust him to do it, not this season, but that's not Shezzas fault, after that we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
IMO it is crucial that we go up next season, the level of support the team have had these past few seasons is monumental, two seasons of mid table league 2 fare will see crowds back down to 2500.

Really Iggy ?Shocked 

I reckon there are a lot more than 2500 idiots willing to either part with their cash, or try to squeeze into the DB with Napoleon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:03 pm

Idiots or football fans who live in and around Plymouth who support Plymouth Argyle?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think shezza will see out the season?   Do you think shezza will see out the season? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think shezza will see out the season?
Page 1 of 1