Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.

Go down 
+11
Rickler
GreenWhiteBlack
Sir Francis Drake
GreenSam
Lord Tisdale
Dane
mouldyoldgoat
Mapperley, darling
Dougie
Chingers
Damon.Lenszner
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. Empty
PostSubject: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 am

"Theres a lot more that goes into a winning team other than money," says Brent. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:56 am

"It'll generate additional net profits to the club of £1-2 million per annum and that goes a long way in the lower leagues to building a very successful team."

That's a lot of conferences and corporate hospitality!!!
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:57 am

Here we should get a five year plan. That would be a first in football.
I heard 'arry rambling on about how it wasn't his team and how things would have been better if he could have had his own players. Totally lame excuse in my opinion.
What Shez has done in his short time with a pretty crappy team has been remarkable. We looked dead and buried so fair play to him for that.
Mr Brent needs to secure his signature as soon as possible and give him resources to add to the team and go for the playoffs as a minimum. I'm not saying throw millions at it as our form was pretty good over the last quarter of a season, but for us to succeed Shez needs to be snapped up quickly and given assurance on available funds to get a decent striker. He took too long to sack Fletcher and it had a terrible impact on the team.
Mr Brent needs to act quickly and lay the foundations early for next season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:13 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
"It'll generate additional net profits to the club of £1-2 million per annum and that goes a long way in the lower leagues to building a very successful team."

Those figures are also 100% different from the lowest to highest. Thats some budgeting difference. And all after tax. As you say that's some hefty usage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:15 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

That figure, £1m-£2m of ADDITIONAL NET PROFITS, not income or turnover,additional net profits, is about as achievable as the budgeted 8000 average home attendance for this season. Complete and utter total pie in the sky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:16 am

Dougie wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Those figures are also 100% different from the lowest to highest. Thats some budgeting difference. And all after tax. As you say that's some hefty usage.

Actually, on a strict reading it looks like a 2,000,000% difference - £1 to £2m. The £1 is far more realistic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:08 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

I was about to post the same & then I read the thread more closely! I would love to see a break-down of those estimates.

And, at the risk of being a stuck record ......... if the ability to generate income from the retail units is removed then it just sounds impossible! The size of the grand-stand is not the only issue, and may even be a secondary issue.

All this delay in allowing minutes to be posted now means that they will be available only in the close season, a time when fewer fans are focussed on the club. It's important that the pressure from the AFT and the Gas-board is maintained.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:12 pm

"I've also learnt that performance on the pitch is not purely correlated towards budget and that there's quite a lot more that goes into a winning team than money," he added.

here we go again.

and of the mini stand :

have i missed an update, do we have a stand in planning that holds 8k, that revenue from the private enterprises that will occupy the stand will go to the club? 1-2 million, is that from rent or is that from the stand being full for every game? 'we've got an 8k fanbase mr brent sir'

could close the remainder of the ground and just open up the stand, that would generate those kinds of profits..
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:18 pm

knecht wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

I was about to post the same & then I read the thread more closely! I would love to see a break-down of those estimates.

And, at the risk of being a stuck record ......... if the ability to generate income from the retail units is removed then it just sounds impossible! The size of the grand-stand is not the only issue, and may even be a secondary issue.

All this delay in allowing minutes to be posted now means that they will be available only in the close season, a time when fewer fans are focussed on the club. It's important that the pressure from the AFT and the Gas-board is maintained.
[b]

ta da.. nail on head, fella
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:30 pm

Just more smoke and mirrors stuff from JB!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:39 pm

Basically, Argyle fans and the people of Plymouth are getting a piss poor return for releasing a £100m potential development opportunity at Millbay.

No ta!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Ive been very busy these last few days and the weekend,is there any changes to the mini-stand situation?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Quote :
"It's not good for this football club to be dependent on a rich bloke putting in money every so often," he said.

Pardon me ?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Gert Loinz wrote:
Actually, on a strict reading it looks like a 2,000,000% difference - £1 to £2m. The £1 is far more realistic.

Actually, if we are going to do the big numbers thing, it's a 199,999,900% increase, but I'm sure he meant in the range one to two millions and although he said net profit perhaps he meant to say turnover, although Usury Jim is used to turning a decent profit.

Unless he is running a knocking shop and crack den in the Diddy Stand his figures look to be a tad optimistic but if it is true that all profits generated from said Diddy Stand will be going to PAFC then perhaps some of you would care to reappraise their position, I 4-1 would feel a little contrite were I to have quite so savagely bitten the hand which was apparently doing its best to feed me.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:50 pm

All that room in HHP, all that room in Milbay, Cottage Feild available to lobby for yet somehow we can only have this tiny stand. Sigh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Any chance of the PASB or anyone for that matter quizzing Mr Brent's figures?

Surely that's around £3 million turnover from the club shop and a conference centre which is on a par with a social club function room, or am I missing something here?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Exeter's banqueting facilities are said to be among the finest in the land and they generate only £100k a year.

If we take our facilities to be on a par with theirs, or even slightly superior then it still doesn't even come close to those projected profit margins. I'd love to see that figure broken down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:17 pm

why do i always want to watch downton abbey everytime i hear james brent speak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:32 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Exeter's banqueting facilities are said to be among the finest in the land and they generate only £100k a year.

If we take our facilities to be on a par with theirs, or even slightly superior then it still doesn't even come close to those projected profit margins. I'd love to see that figure broken down.

In all seriousness here, unless the BBC have misquoted Mr Brent this figure is ten times more ridiculous than the 8000 gates he budgeted for.

Troubled times ahead that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:53 pm

If each customer generates £50 in profit then £2m represents 40000 customers. That's about 800 per week.

If each customer generates £25 in profit then £2m represents 80000 customers. That's about 1600 per week.

We're definitely seeing ambition here.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:02 am

I think we will need a bigger stadium!
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:06 am

Plymouth - The city that will forever lack ambition

Thankyou JB, nothing like doing half a job is there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:00 am

Welcome to Toy Town

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 1:19 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
If each customer generates £50 in profit then £2m represents 40000 customers. That's about 800 per week.

If each customer generates £25 in profit then £2m represents 80000 customers. That's about 1600 per week.

We're definitely seeing ambition here.

Or put another way...

1,000,000 divided by 365 days per year = approx GBP 2740 per day

2,000,000 = GBP 5480 per day

Sorry... But I just can't even see the lower figure happening...

And if the figures are correct.. Making that sort of dosh, then we can easily afford to pay to put in the extra seats in the grandstand, can't we Mr. Brent?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.   Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview. Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't worry about Shezza or HHP trust in Brent, BBC interview.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next