Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harbin's interview about Shezza

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Harbin's interview about Shezza Empty
PostSubject: Harbin's interview about Shezza   Harbin's interview about Shezza EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 7:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Harbin's interview about Shezza   Harbin's interview about Shezza EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Very interesting article and Harbin says what many have suspected all along. You shouldn't judge someone by their media persona alone, fcuk the press and boo boys, I liked his public dourness salute
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harbin's interview about Shezza   Harbin's interview about Shezza EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 8:23 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Very interesting article and Harbin says what many have suspected all along. You shouldn't judge someone by their media persona alone, fcuk the press and boo boys, I liked his public dourness salute

couldnt put it better myself Les mis. I hope in a few years time fans start to look at his time more favourably like they do Pulis now and realise he wasnt bad at all here.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Harbin's interview about Shezza   Harbin's interview about Shezza EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm

He didn't preside over a win after falling behind.

That will always be the reply.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Harbin's interview about Shezza   Harbin's interview about Shezza EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 8:37 pm

But that's not a personality issue Dick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harbin's interview about Shezza   Harbin's interview about Shezza EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 9:01 pm

Personally I quite enjoyed the fact he wound up the media, especially our local media who are to journalism as Pol Pot was to child minding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harbin's interview about Shezza   Harbin's interview about Shezza EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 11:59 pm

Good read. But as a fan it is not my fault I did not get to know the real John Sheridan. He was here for 2 and a half years! He had his ongoing spat with Errington which resulted in negativity coming from Sheridan and Argyle, rather than positivity. He got arsey with the fans when they were fed up of the crap performances and started booing. He wouldn't move to Plymouth because his Mrs. objected, so stayed up north for half the week, every fortnight.

His whole image by the end was one of a man who just didn't want to be at Argyle or in Plymouth anymore. If this wasn't the case, he did and said very little to the contrary.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Harbin's interview about Shezza   Harbin's interview about Shezza EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 11:30 am

Les Miserable wrote:

Foreshore, Les.

Tbh anyone who didn't realise that Shez managing PAFC was purely a means of gainful employment - and nothing else, was/is a bit deluded. He never pretended any different either, which is why I respected the bloke throughout his tenure. The funny thing is, if the Pasoti masses think that Adams is going to be any different in terms of blowing kisses to the crowd as well as the badge, they've got a rude awakening in store. The type of fella DA is, putting on a charm offensive will be even lower down the list of priorities than it was for Shez.

Im actually looking forward to DA telling it like it is, more than the fooking football!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harbin's interview about Shezza   Harbin's interview about Shezza EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

couldnt put it better myself Les mis. I hope in a few years time fans start to look at his time more favourably like they do Pulis now and realise he wasnt bad at all here.

A comparison with Pulis is laughable.

Sheridan ultimately failed and Dick's point above about the inability to come from behind says it all for me. Damning statistic.

As for his personality, I couldn't have given a flying one if he had the charisma of Davros off Dr Who if he'd got us promoted. Sturrock was hardly a barrel of laughs was he?

Ejh is right though - it seemed Sheridan's mind and will was a long way from HP before May.

Let's not dress him up as anything over than an average manager in a shit division. Pulis would have had us up by March in his first full season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harbin's interview about Shezza   Harbin's interview about Shezza EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Sheridan ultimately failed and Dick's point above about the inability to come from behind says it all for me. Damning statistic.

As for his personality, I couldn't have given a flying one if he had the charisma of Davros off Dr Who if he'd got us promoted. Sturrock was hardly a barrel of laughs was he?

Ejh is right though - it seemed Sheridan's mind and will was a long way from HP before May.

Let's not dress him up as anything over than an average manager in a shit division. Pulis would have had us up by March in his first full season.

its not at all. When Pulis left there was quite a happy reaction from fans for it due to his style of football. Its only in recent years his reign is looked on for what it was a success. Sheridan did a good job it was unrealistic fools and the media that gave him the bad rep but in a few years time his era will be looked on more favourably too.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Harbin's interview about Shezza   Harbin's interview about Shezza EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 7:25 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Very much a matter of opinion and perspective. An observer from the outside looking in would quite possibly be of the opinion that a manager who unquestionably kept the club in the football league, then oversaw two seasons of upward movement was by no means a failure. Why should finishing 7th in this division now be judged as failure anyway, given the circumstances that prevail when even sending a youth team to Ireland, painting the entrance or retaining the services of an experienced goalkeeping coach seem to be beyond the finances of the club?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harbin's interview about Shezza   Harbin's interview about Shezza Empty

Back to top Go down

Harbin's interview about Shezza
Page 1 of 1