Charlie Wood
DutchGreen_Ray
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Freathy said he cant see McCormick lasting long. That means he's gonna be here long term.
Back to top Go down
doctor b of pafc

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:09 pm

All of us yes all of us deserve a second chance!! Let it go, let it be: its happening!! No need to hero worship be cocky about stuff! May sound a tad Biblical but let him who hath not sinned etc!! I dont think it helpful to get into a his sin is bigger than my sin playground stuff either!! OOps hello Greens @25/1 bargain COYG Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coathypafc

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
the new spin from forza nerde is luke is donating 40% /lots and even half of his wages to charity when its not actually stated how much he is donating.

nothing like spin is there.

Brent most probs said we will give you x amount extra wages to give to a charity just so people will get off your back and forgive you. Plus Luke is going to work close with a local childrens hospice/charity, if i was a manger etc of one of these places and he came up to me and asked to work within it I would tell him to f off, wonder if Brent etc put this in to his head, funny that he didn't do it at Oxford and Truro
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:17 pm

125+1 wrote:
Freathy said he cant see McCormick lasting long. That means he's gonna be here long term.

I'm sure you're looking foward to chanting his name from the FES ministand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:17 pm

So, Chadders gets dumped, but then starts tweeting away or whatever, giving his thumbs up to "Wottsie" and the "big bey" with their new contracts.
Why such a public support ? Something gives me the impression that Chadders is trying to forge a "Hargreaves" media role for himself down this way, given his well paid playing days are well over.

In one way, I don't blame him, and he was always a better contributor on the radio than on the pitch, but I just wish he'd calm it down a bit and get a proper job. The media thing is oversubscribed, especially now the local environment already has el presidente polluting our cyberspace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:21 pm

worried of penzance wrote:
So, Chadders gets dumped, but then starts tweeting away or whatever, giving his thumbs up to "Wottsie" and the "big bey" with their new contracts.
Why such a public support ? Something gives me the impression that Chadders is trying to forge a "Hargreaves" media role for himself down this way, given his well paid playing days are well over.

In one way, I don't blame him, and he was always a better contributor on the radio than on the pitch, but I just wish he'd calm it down a bit and get a proper job. The media thing is oversubscribed, especially now the local environment already has el presidente polluting our cyberspace.

president mugabe webb wont like that idea!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Freathy wrote:
125+1 wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:32 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
worried of penzance wrote:

president mugabe webb wont like that idea!!!

I see his routine more like McCarthyism. If you go against the flow from the Capital, apparently you're the enemy of the flag.... end of.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Dane. wrote:
This may be contravertial.... But he done the time that was put on him. He is entitled to continue with his career.

He is a very good keeper. Argyle have made a great signing.

Knowing the Bunny’s for over sixty years I have come to agreed with one

Which Bunnys do you know

im sure if you have known them for so long you would know how to spell there names correctly lol
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Bunny 'uns.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 10:08 pm

That's corny Moch.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Disgraceful, disgusting by Argyle

I really hope we keep Jake Cole and he is our no1 next season
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:32 pm

He did a terrible thing. He pleaded guilty. He did his time as the law demanded. He seems to have shown genuine remorse for what he did and he is doing what he can to right a wrong that never can be righted no matter what he does. Nobody has any right to choose his future career options for him. If he is the best goalkeeper we can get we should sign him. It is not an insult to the family of the children he killed. Is not an insult to anybody. No matter what he chooses to do in the future the family of the children he killed will never be satisfied.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 11:34 pm

Without defending what he done , because he was terribly irresponsible, and it makes me sick thinking about what he done

but those kids where in a car on a motor way with no seat belt on !!!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:44 am

To those against the reintegration principle, what's the alternative?

He gets executed? He gets locked up for the rest of his days? He is not allowed to take up any high profile roles in society?

I think the people saying he should be a cleaner in Tesco or whatever are missing a big point- he does have a child to fend for. It has always been the way in this society that when people have paid their debt to society, they are allowed to rise to their highest possible position again. That's democracy and McCormick junior would have a vastly inferior quality of life if Luke wasn't allowed to fully spread his wings as it were in terms of his democratic possibilities. One could say that Luke shouldn't have such a good quality of life purely as a result of his footballing abilities in the first place but that's an entirely separate line of argument. In this dog eat dog world, once McCormick has paid his social debt, why should the son have to (quite literally) pay for the sins of the father.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:45 am

The alternative is that he plays for any other team but Argyle.

Argyle have shown to have no morals in this case, and Brent should have taken the lead instead of punting to Sheridan.

As Freathy points out... By playing again for Argyle, he has more or left just taken up where he left off.

Do you think the kid who took a bottle to Wotton will play for Argyle again? Hell no, and many say he was justified in retaliating with the crap Wotton was giving him.

The point is...

Once having been sacked by Argyle for what is essentially gross misconduct... You don't get to be hired again, because both you and Argyle are up shit street!

Last edited by Rickler on Fri May 10, 2013 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:02 am

GreenSam wrote:
To those against the reintegration principle, what's the alternative?

He gets executed? He gets locked up for the rest of his days? He is not allowed to take up any high profile roles in society?

I think the people saying he should be a cleaner in Tesco or whatever are missing a big point- he does have a child to fend for. It has always been the way in this society that when people have paid their debt to society, they are allowed to rise to their highest possible position again. That's democracy and McCormick junior would have a vastly inferior quality of life if Luke wasn't allowed to fully spread his wings as it were in terms of his democratic possibilities. One could say that Luke shouldn't have such a good quality of life purely as a result of his footballing abilities in the first place but that's an entirely separate line of argument. In this dog eat dog world, once McCormick has paid his social debt, why should the son have to (quite literally) pay for the sins of the father.

I'll take the bate on this one Sam and play Devils Advocate.

As Rickler says, assuming he still has the skills then there would be plenty of other clubs but I am only aware of one other that has shown an interest suggesting that employing him was beyond the good-taste buds of the other FL clubs.

Believe it or not Sam cleaners working for Tesco provide for their families, their kids may not have X Boxes, Wii's or holidays abroad but plenty are brought up with the love and affection which is the number one ingredient for bringing up children. I see nothing wrong with LM becoming a cleaner for Tesco, it would have kept him out of the limelight and probably caused less stress for the family, friends and parents that have now been forced to lose the experience of bringing up the children that LM is blessed to have, and let's face it, we wouldn't be having this debate if he had become a cleaner for Tesco.

There's no laws being broken, no rules being bent and LM has every right to do what he is doing, I would just have preferred it if he had chosen a different path and I would have preferred it if a different club offered LM a contract.

Excellent move by the Club though, it's certainly derailed the stadium debate which I believe is the motive behind this. Maybe LM will come good but if he doesn't it will be just another rock to add to the others of that the pond life seem to crawl from at our Club these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:24 am

Sam,
1... the very welcome rehabilitation of offenders has nothing to do with democracy. People re join their careers under corrupt despotic regimes as well as under democracies. It often depends on who they are, not what they've done.

2... I agree the son shouldn't suffer for the sins of the father. So, could someone please tell this present government that, as it tries to roll back decades of egalitarian education policy by trying to stream mainly poorer working class kids into the lower paid industries at 14 years old, by pushing them into schools like the one the Argyle owner wants to build at Home Park.
What ever happened to the desire to give everyone every academic chance up to the age of 16 ?
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:57 am

I met Luke a couple of times and a more unassuming guy you couldn't wish to meet. Not up himself at all.
He made a grave mistake and will be reminded of this as long as he stays in the limelight which PAFC have now managed to achieve with bells on.
It will be interesting to see how he copes with the pressure of the additional press coverage which is sure to follow him around.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:10 am

Not sure about other papers but the signing made the news section of the Metro this morning.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:20 am

gasser9 wrote:
I met Luke a couple of times and a more unassuming guy you couldn't wish to meet. Not up himself at all.
He made a grave mistake and will be reminded of this as long as he stays in the limelight which PAFC have now managed to achieve with bells on.
It will be interesting to see how he copes with the pressure of the additional press coverage which is sure to follow him around.

I have to say my opinion about this issue is coloured by having met him once and forming exactly the same view as you gasser. Genuinely a pleasant, unassuming young man.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:31 am

I am sure he ponders his stupidity every day. Opinion, at least on here, is free, the family can never be happy at any outcome for Luke in the future and neither should they be.

The christian belief of forgiveness is a piece of shit.

He is here now.

There are millions of crap drivers on the road, he happened to be pissed as well, at least he did not employ a flash lawyer and get away with it like most rich fookers these days.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Freathy wrote:
125+1 wrote:

Didnt you say it will never get built!!!!!!!!, Very Happy , i can see the diggers moving in know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
gasser9 wrote:

I have to say my opinion about this issue is coloured by having met him once and forming exactly the same view as you gasser. Genuinely a pleasant, unassuming young man.

Seconded. (Or is it thirded? scratch )

For me there are three key areas when attempting to pass judgement on a tragedy like this.

Any level of intent? No

Huge level of remorse? Yes

Is the guy a proper tw@t? No. Quite the opposite in fact.

There but for the grace of God.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:30 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
gasser9 wrote:

Seconded. (Or is it thirded? scratch )

For me there are three key areas when attempting to pass judgement on a tragedy like this.

Any level of intent? No

Huge level of remorse? Yes

Is the guy a proper tw@t? No. Quite the opposite in fact.

There but for the grace of God.....

This for me too.

Met the guy a few times and he was one of the nicest, most approachable of all the players.

I'm sure he wakes up every morning wishing he could turn back time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke in on One Year Contract
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next