GreenSam
Dougie
Charlie Wood
DutchGreen_Ray
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:58 pm

coathypafc wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
its already started with the super luke crap from the forza nerde cvnts. They are already planning to sing his name and having a pop at those on twitter against this signing saying things like and i quote "@notworththeadvertisingthewittieraccount
I'd have Luke McCormick back. Half of the people saying they won't aren't even old enough to stop breast feeding yet. #pafc #superluke

Sorry since when has killing two kids been something that "just happens" and should be forgotten about? so many budding vicars trying to preach forgiveness and second chances and the justice system being good. sorry he killed two kids that isnt something you can whitewash over and try and hush up.

a good keeper he maybe issues aside it is a fairly good singing but please dont paint him to be anything other than what he is a drink driver who killed two kids. I wont cheer him or boo him he warrants no reaction or response from me.

ha ha I know who you're on about who wrote that

its nice to know the fanbase of the future is going to be in great hands with fans like her and her forza nerde twats
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:59 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

I know he's served his time etc etc, but I still feel it's morally wrong that he comes back to play for us - anyone else, that's their choice, but not us.

A bad decision in my view.

100%
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm more in the GreenSam camp, tragedies surround us every day and our humanity gives us empathy with innocent victims naturally. When there's no premeditation or intent we should have some sympathy left for others involved.

I've always thought if Luke was to return to pro football we would be his best option, we all know and can judge his history, but he was one of ours and we should be the best placed to help his rehabilitation.

I also know others take a different view and respect that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:04 pm

the new spin from forza nerde is luke is donating 40% /lots and even half of his wages to charity when its not actually stated how much he is donating.

nothing like spin is there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:05 pm

GOB wrote:

I really don't feel that it's our proudest moment.

I have listened to the for and against arguments re Luke McCormick having served his sentence and is now a free man
But whilst in the employ of PAFC he killed two children and injured the father so these innocent folk are serving a life sentence of their own.

It is imo a very insensitive move on the part of PAFC and as such I am spitting bullets if this goes against what others think then so be it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:12 pm

I find it disturbing that he chose to come back to football, but relieved that at least it wasn't with us, now he has signed its another low for me, as if the impending mini-stand wasn't enough we now have to live with this shame.
Apologies if it sounds harsh but those twattish "super luke" oinks that sit in the back of the Devonport end deserve a bloody good slap if they start their hero worship again next season.
Back to top Go down
coathypafc

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
coathypafc wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
its already started with the super luke crap from the forza nerde cvnts. They are already planning to sing his name and having a pop at those on twitter against this signing saying things like and i quote "@notworththeadvertisingthewittieraccount
I'd have Luke McCormick back. Half of the people saying they won't aren't even old enough to stop breast feeding yet. #pafc #superluke

Sorry since when has killing two kids been something that "just happens" and should be forgotten about? so many budding vicars trying to preach forgiveness and second chances and the justice system being good. sorry he killed two kids that isnt something you can whitewash over and try and hush up.

a good keeper he maybe issues aside it is a fairly good singing but please dont paint him to be anything other than what he is a drink driver who killed two kids. I wont cheer him or boo him he warrants no reaction or response from me.

its nice to know the fanbase of the future is going to be in great hands with fans like her and her forza nerde twats

Wonder if they would say it if it happened to their family? I've also just seen someone on Pasoti write that Luke had his life and career ruined over what he done and people is calling him a good guy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:28 pm

Therein lies the dilema though. McCormick was a young man who made a huge life changing mistake. He wasn't the Yorkshire Ripper. Many many people have done what he did in drink driving and got away with it. I don't know him on any personal level but I am sure he is a nice young bloke who bitterly regrets his actions. Not because he got caught and did time but because he is gutted at what happened to that family. I'm sure he will carry this till the day he dies with remorse.

I have kids and grandchildren. I had a brother die when he was 13 and I know what that did to my parents and me although I was only 10 at the time. That was through illness rather than somebodies actions but it is family changing however it happens. If somebody did what he did to my family then I could never forget or forgive. I would know they would come out eventually and I would know they would work somewhere but to do it at his former employers gaff would seem so wrong in so many ways. To see him applauded for working there would make it even worse. He should be released and he should have to work but just not here where the focus is bound to be greater than if it were anywhere else. Away supporters will have a field day with this probably which again will emphasise it even more. If he is able he would be better served working somewhere abroad where it wouldn't make that much news.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:28 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
I'm more in the GreenSam camp, tragedies surround us every day and our humanity gives us empathy with innocent victims naturally. When there's no premeditation or intent we should have some sympathy left for others involved.

I've always thought if Luke was to return to pro football we would be his best option, we all know and can judge his history, but he was one of ours and we should be the best placed to help his rehabilitation.

I also know others take a different view and respect that.

This for me. If I was to look back at my behaviour over the years then there but for the grace of God and all that.

No right answer for me on this one, it's a matter of conscience.
Back to top Go down
coathypafc

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Now Chadwick is calling him super
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:40 pm

coathypafc wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
coathypafc wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Wonder if they would say it if it happened to their family? I've also just seen someone on Pasoti write that Luke had his life and career ruined over what he done and people is calling him a good guy

And that is true, he ruined his and that familys lives, im sure as hell if it was me it would be very difficult to get it out of my head, BUT he got punished and im fully behind him trying to resume his career, rather it wasnt at Argyle but im sure as hell i would do the same if i had lived in plymouth most of my life and my family was here.

Im prepared to give him a break, many wont though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:45 pm

125+1 wrote:
coathypafc wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
coathypafc wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

And that is true, he ruined his and that familys lives, im sure as hell if it was me it would be very difficult to get it out of my head, BUT he got punished and im fully behind him trying to resume his career, rather it wasnt at Argyle but im sure as hell i would do the same if i had lived in plymouth most of my life and my family was here.

Im prepared to give him a break, many wont though.

I am too to but i am finding it harder and harder when i keep looking at pasoti and some of the comments on there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:56 pm

I am all for the rehabilitation of offenders ... big time ... and in fact there is legislation to help that process. I only wish community in general would share that aim, but often it doesn't, and often it doesn't systemically and institutionally, no matter what laws are out there.
I also think, that offenders have to play their part and take their own responsibility in the process as well. If it were me, I wouldn't want the attention that would follow, let alone what the victims might feel

Maybe he is underestimating the guilt that must be inside of him. What is wrong with a less high profile job ? The majority of us change careers these days.
Those with high profile jobs have responsibilities if we are all to sit under under society's rules.
In the end it's his choice. I hope it's the right one for all concerned in this horrible affair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:09 pm

I won't be worshipping him like a returning hero but I welcome him back as a good football player and a shrewd signing by Sheridan.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:12 pm

This may be contravertial.... But he done the time that was put on him. He is entitled to continue with his career.

He is a very good keeper. Argyle have made a great signing.
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:19 pm

Someone on Pasoti called Monster Green wrote "He's a nice bloke, made a silly mistake, and has served time for it"

He maybe a nice bloke and served his time but "Silly Mistake" What a feckin tw@t!! A "Silly Mistake" is putting diesel in a petrol tank but not being drunk in charge of a vehicle, Killing two kids, seriously injuring their father and ruining a family lives forever.

If this is what is called a "Silly Mistake" then god help us all!!
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:34 pm

I remember the chants at Home Park "Harry Roberts is our friend, is our friend, is our friend. Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers" and chanting for Luke would be just as crass.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Dane. wrote:
This may be contravertial.... But he done the time that was put on him. He is entitled to continue with his career.

He is a very good keeper. Argyle have made a great signing.

Knowing the Bunny’s for over sixty years I have come to agreed with one
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Like others have said the timing of this has more than a sniff of coincidence about it. But nothing would surprise me with the bastards 'running' Argyle. Also another first in football? Sacked by a club when an incident originally happened only to be rehired by the same club shortly after release from prison. Coming back here will almost look like we've missed him and been awaiting his return! I will feel very uncomfortable watching him run out to chants of "super luke" from forza merde. Yes, he's done his time (although some would argue it wasn't nearly enough) but simply picking up where he left off is a bit more than some will be able to stomach. I would rather he went elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:54 pm

I wouldn't say it was shortly after his release!. He's been out a while it's not as if he walked out of prison straight back into home park.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:57 pm

This what Chadwick tweeted

Nick Chadwick @chaddy_nc

Welcome back to my big mate in every sense of the word?!! Delighted for him. #pafc #superluke #bigbey
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Hapefully chadwick will be gone and his "big mate in every sense of the word" will soon follow him. Luckily I can't see mcCormick lasting very long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:03 pm

Had to laugh at BBC South West news this evening when they talked of the signing and announced that there had been a mixed reaction from Argyle fans....they then preceded to interview 3 people who all backed the signing lol!
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Just read 'the sun' online to see what they had to say. Very suprised it was a good report, mentioning him donating money. Surprising that they didn't have a comment from the kids mother as they usually do with any Mccormick articles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 7:06 pm

125+1 wrote:
Just read 'the sun' online to see what they had to say. Very suprised it was a good report, mentioning him donating money. Surprising that they didn't have a comment from the kids mother as they usually do with any Mccormick articles.

probably tomorrow or the family told them to do one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke in on One Year Contract
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next