GreenSam
Dougie
Charlie Wood
DutchGreen_Ray
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 3:50 pm

its already started with the super luke crap from the forza nerde cvnts. They are already planning to sing his name and having a pop at those on twitter against this signing saying things like and i quote "@notworththeadvertisingthewittieraccount
I'd have Luke McCormick back. Half of the people saying they won't aren't even old enough to stop breast feeding yet. #pafc #superluke

Sorry since when has killing two kids been something that "just happens" and should be forgotten about? so many budding vicars trying to preach forgiveness and second chances and the justice system being good. sorry he killed two kids that isnt something you can whitewash over and try and hush up.

a good keeper he maybe issues aside it is a fairly good singing but please dont paint him to be anything other than what he is a drink driver who killed two kids. I wont cheer him or boo him he warrants no reaction or response from me.
Back to top Go down
DutchGreen_Ray

DutchGreen_Ray

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:01 pm

Let him do his talking on the Pitch. Thats all I would add.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:01 pm

More eloquently put than my post Angry, agree 100%
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:02 pm

DutchGreen_Ray wrote:

thanks but when i start to take the opinions of paul thomas seriously is the day i start taking the opinions of paul thomas seriously.

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:02 pm

No excuses for what he did but Luke is a genuinely good lad who in a horrible situation did something extremely stupid and will pay the price for the rest of his life. Its not a case of forgive and forget - its case of serving your time, being genuinely remorseful, making sure you never do it again and trying to live the rest of your life, carrying the guilt, in as productive manner as possible.

The kids will learn how bad hero worshipping a man who has made such a mistake is when they grow up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:04 pm

Served his time and should be allowed to pursue an honest living in the best way he can.

Quite surprised the club are going to give him a contract though.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:06 pm

I guess Shez has looked at the fact he is probably the best keeper in the league at our level and even the league above. We also don't know if Cole is staying on yet either
Back to top Go down
DutchGreen_Ray

DutchGreen_Ray

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
DutchGreen_Ray wrote:

thanks but when i start to take the opinions of paul thomas seriously is the day i start taking the opinions of paul thomas seriously.

You talk about the guy so frequently he must be held dear in your hearts.
In the meantime after breaking the story re Luke onto ATD I must retire for the day to partake of some extremely strong export Booze my tame supplier has just delivered, via a rather large lorry currently blocking the lane.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:17 pm

i have no problem with this news
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:25 pm

DutchGreen_Ray wrote:
Great Signing as far as I'm concerned.
No doubt at all he'll be the 1st choice and rightly so. At his age we have a Championship Quality player for probably a good 6-7 years minimum.

Oxford's 3rd choice keeper is a great signing scratch

He was released by them because he's not good enough so why we've gone and signed him when he's past his sell by date and has huge baggage is really beyond me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:30 pm

He's done his time as far as I'm concerned, whether he's up for the job I would trust Sheridan for that judgement.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:31 pm

and theres the rub, he here because shezza rates him, not because he is ex argyle
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Greenjock wrote:
DutchGreen_Ray wrote:
No doubt at all he'll be the 1st choice and rightly so. At his age we have a Championship Quality player for probably a good 6-7 years minimum.

He was released by them because he's not good enough so why we've gone and signed him when he's past his sell by date and has huge baggage is really beyond me.

Has his ability deteriorated that much? He proved he was good enough for the Championship and at his age now, should just be coming in to his prime as a keeper. I know what has happened wouldn't have helped in terms of his confidence, but if his natural talent has waned to that degree I'd be a little surprised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
No excuses for what he did but Luke is a genuinely good lad who in a horrible situation did something extremely stupid and will pay the price for the rest of his life. Its not a case of forgive and forget - its case of serving your time, being genuinely remorseful, making sure you never do it again and trying to live the rest of your life, carrying the guilt, in as productive manner as possible.

The kids will learn how bad hero worshiping a man who has made such a mistake is when they grow up.

Its the hero worshiping i have the problem with, its in bad taste and the sort of thing that can gain a club "family award winning club might i add"
a bad name not to mention how disrespectful to the family he destroyed and the others families of those who's lives have been ruined by drink drivers too.

I have no doubt Luke is v remorseful for what he did he will live with the regret for the rest of his life and has done his time etc etc. I also fully accept that he has earned a second chance in football/life by being reformed.
However i personally feel he should seek to rebuild his career at other clubs and not return to this one where he was a star and made his name.

Good keeper yes a good signing he is indeed him and cole will have a battle for the number one spot which is exactly what you want at the club but the hero worshiping needs to stop otherwise its going to upset an awful lot of people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:44 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
DutchGreen_Ray wrote:

Has his ability deteriorated that much? He proved he was good enough for the Championship and at his age now, should just be coming in to his prime as a keeper. I know what has happened wouldn't have helped in terms of his confidence, but if his natural talent has waned to that degree I'd be a little surprised.

How long out of the game? I just can't see him being anywhere near as good this time around, plus what happened is going to have affected him mentally as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Confirmed giving a percentage of his wages to a children's charity too whilst volunteering too, very honorable

i just hope the FV lot dont ruin this good gesture with their crap. Welcome back Luke you'll forgive me if i dont make a song a dance about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:30 pm

I have been thinking (good god I hear you say Very Happy ), Now, call me an old skeptic, but, why are we signing LM now, and for only 1 year?

What carbuncle of a situation is/has been all consuming/deviding the club, it's fanboys, Plymothians and normal supporters currently and over the last month or so?

Now, what sort of controversial, divisive, deflective move could the club position itself into that would defelct heat from Brent's arse with immediate effect? Now, return to my first paragraph!

Do I need to lie down in a dark room or tell those voices in my head to shut-up? cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
I have been thinking (good god I hear you say Very Happy ), Now, call me an old skeptic, but, why are we signing LM now, and for only 1 year?

What carbuncle of a situation is/has been all consuming/deviding the club, it's fanboys, Plymothians and normal supporters currently and over the last month or so?

Now, what sort of controversial, divisive, deflective move could the club position itself into that would defelct heat from Brent's arse with immediate effect? Now, return to my first paragraph!

Do I need to lie down in a dark room or tell those voices in my head to shut-up? cyclops

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:36 pm

I await The President directing Forza Goldfish to ease back on the adoring chants. If he can orchestrate a pitiful Twitter campaign about the (not)grandstand amongst his prepubescent minions he can offer some sage advice on this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:38 pm

Shocked and totally against mccormick coming back to argyle, the sad fvckwits who run this club don't live in the real world, should never have touched this guy with a bargepole ,british justice stinks the logic behind this is seriously flawed just aswell we dont have a good name to lose.
Back to top Go down
coathypafc

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
its already started with the super luke crap from the forza nerde cvnts. They are already planning to sing his name and having a pop at those on twitter against this signing saying things like and i quote "@notworththeadvertisingthewittieraccount
I'd have Luke McCormick back. Half of the people saying they won't aren't even old enough to stop breast feeding yet. #pafc #superluke

Sorry since when has killing two kids been something that "just happens" and should be forgotten about? so many budding vicars trying to preach forgiveness and second chances and the justice system being good. sorry he killed two kids that isnt something you can whitewash over and try and hush up.

a good keeper he maybe issues aside it is a fairly good singing but please dont paint him to be anything other than what he is a drink driver who killed two kids. I wont cheer him or boo him he warrants no reaction or response from me.

ha ha I know who you're on about who wrote that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:47 pm

I have little problem with him returning. I would have a problem with any over the top hero-worship before he performs on the pitch. That would be an insult to the children and their family. But he has done his time. He is now an ordinary person with goalkeeping abilities.
Back to top Go down
coathypafc

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Can't get over people writing super super Luke, I have wrote to many on Twitter and facebook who have wrote that and got well he is still super. I and many have got abuse for being against the signing and even got called childish. I wrote on the official page on facebook slating the signing and Argyle's media team or whoever runs that page removed my comment
Back to top Go down
coathypafc

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:49 pm

knecht wrote:
I have little problem with him returning. I would have a problem with any over the top hero-worship before he performs on the pitch. That would be an insult to the children and their family. But he has done his time. He is now an ordinary person with goalkeeping abilities.

Many people haven't got a problem with him coming back but we've just won family club of the year and another family award, how is this signing going to look?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:57 pm

I don't believe this decision has anything to do with deflecting the stand argument. Sheridan would never stand for it in my opinion and if forced on him he just wouldn't pick him and it would be wages for nothing.

I am truely surprised at this signing. I get the has done his time thing and realise that he is free to earn a living and that his happens to be football. But signed by Argyle given the history????? This will divide supporters without doubt. I would rather it wasn't here if he has to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke in on One Year Contract   Luke in on One Year Contract - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke in on One Year Contract
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next