Czarcasm
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:45 pm

Just calmed the wife down with a nice glass of milk.

She was doing some work in her 'office' (the old 3rd bedroom) and a cat appeared at the open window to say hello!

I'm surprised she didn't wake everyone in the street with her scream! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:33 pm

Snippet of overheard conversation ...

Five year old: I want to be a sheep.

Eight year old: Well I'm not going to be a sheep again. That suit's much too small for me.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 11:22 pm

The cat is back! Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 5:49 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
The cat is back! Very Happy 
Good, pleased for you and the cat.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 2:59 pm

Tried to get my hair cut today. They can't fit me in until tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Peggy wrote:
Tried to get my hair cut today. They can't fit me in until tomorrow morning.
Is your hair that big?
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:58 pm

Not so much big as very long. Or rather, far too long for me.

Phnarrr.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:36 pm

I've been sorted out. It's much shorter now.

And again phnarrr.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:04 pm

And in other news, I have this very evening shelled a large consignment of broad beans. My favourites.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:09 pm

Grow them or buy them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Went to Clevedon for the day, mother-in-laws birthday.

First time I'd been and it was ok. It has the pier of the year 2013 no less which was refreshingly devoid of amusement arcades and the usual shite but an unspoiled Victorian pier which has hundreds if not thousands of little brass plaques that people have bought for loved ones etc.

Not a lot actually in the town though, a bit of a shingly beach and a boating lake but a rather splendid park which is circled by a miniature steam train.

There was also a huge bouncy castle which was like all his dreams come true for my little lad who spent ages on there for £1.50. Bargain Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Bought them, Pete (my window boxes aren't up to much beyond tomatoes).

A girl I went to school with lived in Clevedon before she came to Plymouth.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:32 pm

I had a good crop of runner beans this year. pete, I also have Horse Dung ready for next year crop.

Gran children, They are back in the morning, on the 0630 ferry from France. my peace will go out the window.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:18 pm

I have runner beans in profusion, unfortunately my boys seemed to think that they were designed to grow as big as they can and some are now about two feet long! Will sort them out today, have some great tomatoes and so many chilies that the plants have fallen over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:23 pm

I am taking my first crop of tomatoes ever here. In the past they haven't germinated or they have developed blight. They are superb tasting but grown in pots outdoors they are so expensive that I don't think I will bother again.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Been a good year. Going to be some well expensive passata going in freezer dreckly.
Maybe should take excess to Farmers market and flog organic veg boxes.

Keep finding courgettes which have gotten to size of marrows.

More blackberries in back field than you can shake a stick at.

Any tips for winter veg?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 5:51 pm

Cabbages, Kale and get some Purple sprouting Broccoli planted for next spring. Root crops are good but a bit late to plant for eating in the winter, again will be good in the spring. Leeks can be planted earlier than now and can be picked all winter.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 6:23 pm

After two years of disastrous tomato crops (last year's Jamie Oliver recommended ones tasted disgusting) this year has been perfect for them. Except I kept forgetting to get any seed, and then I kept forgetting to get any plants.

Happy to help out with any surplus produce. I'd have an allotment if I had the time. And if I could get one.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:48 pm

We've started processing our tomatoes, make puree n that. This year has been shite, really late for harvesting. I hope that we have an Indian summer, but only after some rain to stop the fires.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:31 pm

Went out for the day. Had cheese and salad rolls for lunch, and later a nice cup of coffee and some cake.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:52 pm

Was due to go child minding this evening, but Mrs PP is not feeling to well so we called it off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:29 pm

done some painting, then put a shelf up with the help of my new drill...very exciting
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:28 am

i have a lovely Makita.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:56 am

the chap in Homebase was very helpful, so i sent an email to the head office.  
i bought a new saw as well   bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:44 am

Tiling finished in downstairs loo.

Dropped ceiling and electrickery this morning before finally getting around to Offspring I's Architectural Challenge around Devonport and Stoke.

Stoke Inn is on list so may have to check out new management's work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next