seadog
Czarcasm
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Peggy

Peggy

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Been to Penzance, Marazion and St Michael's Mount. On the way there, I saw two Argo fans waiting for the train to Plymouth. Coming out of the station on the way home, I saw the same two Argo fans heading home. Felt no noticeable emotion.

Going to soak my feet again now.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 8:02 pm

I watched a film last night, after working out how the dvd player worked.
There's something quite nice about a foot bath. Mustard powder foot baths are good when one has a cold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 9:24 pm

dried mustard or the stuff in a jar ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Can you use it in ham sandwich afterwards?
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 11:35 pm

You'd be wanting to use the dry stuff, I wouldn't wish to comment either way as to whether one would utilise said stuff on a ham sarnie. For me, ham has to have tomato, lettuce and garlic to make a good bun. Recently, I have found tomato, garlic and olive oil butties are rather yummy.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 11:46 pm

I had sea minerals stuff in mine. Foot bath, that is.

Tomatoes take a long time to reach room temperature when you take them out of the fridge. Much longer than, say, cucumber or peppers. If I forget to take them out early enough, I wash them under the hot tap to warm them up a bit.

(Mark this day in your diaries: a food tip from the non-cook.)
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 7:54 am

Off to school soon, bodyguard duties! Crying or Very sad 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 9:46 am

tomatoes warm up nicely if you put them in a roll with warm bacon
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:03 am

Vegetarians don't eat bacon.

Woke up really late (for me).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:51 am

Kaz has been using quorn a lot recently. I don't mind it in a curry or bolognese but she bought these burgers which were huge and tasted awful.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 2:21 pm

Meat is lovely. Facto.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 2:27 pm

What happen todays weather, hope it better tomorrow going to Exmouth,
The grand-children can not leave us in peace phone up this morning from France, grand-daughter is happy with the score from yesterday, she will learn she only six
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Just had a lovely walk up the Danescombe Valley - two & half hours. Now home and having a pint of Tribute and a sandwich (corned beef with home-made bread & chutney). I'm now ready for a nap.

Beautiful day here in sunny Cornwall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Just ordered Frango piri piri takeout for late lunch, post beers by the river.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Been shopping to sainsbugs, number 2 child strangled 3 times by me for being a pain, said supermarket till lady wouldn't buy said pain, lots of money later, car loaded, car unloaded, shopping put away and have now found number 2 child likes my marmite crisps!

I think its time to strangle him again! Twisted Evil 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Got to be honest, I'm pretty hacked off. Nobody's posted about the new, under new management, Stoke Inn, and they should have. Just spent several hours there, and what a joy it is. New, massive, beer garden with bouncy castle, burgers, chips and a bit of singalong music, mostly ska and Irish.

Just a pity I hadn't heard about it from one of my esteemed fellow ATDers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 8:27 am

Going to a lovely country pub today, live music, BBQ and a bouncy castle for my bouncy little boy bounce bounce bounce 
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 9:59 am

Look good for Exmouth.

On my 12th book of 13 by Bernard Knight, base on a fictional Coroner of Devon in 1193 who works out of Exeter. He investigates murder, fires and rape in all Devon but he never comes to Plymouth.

Last edited by Tgwu on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:24 am

Wise man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Going to a lovely country pub today, live music, BBQ and a bouncy castle for my bouncy little boy bounce bounce bounce 
i await the pictures of the bouncy castle action bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Look good for Exmouth.

On my 12th book of 13 by Bernard Knight, base on a fictional Coroner of Devon in 1193 who works out of Exeter. He investigates murder, fires and rape in all Devon but he never comes to Plymouth.

1193.....had Plymouth been founded by then ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:59 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Look good for Exmouth.

Plymouth is mention in passing in a few of the books and the Exeter to Plymouth Rd he rides to Totnes, Berry Pomeroy, Bigbury and Aveton Gifford. His brother-in-law live near Plympton. Exeter is a shit hole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Tgwu wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Look good for Exmouth.

Plymouth is mention in passing in a few of the books and the Exeter to Plymouth Rd he rides to Totnes, Berry Pomeroy, Bigbury and Aveton Gifford. His brother-in-law live near Plympton.  Exeter is a shit hole.

Domesday Book (1086) says that the area was known as Sudstone.

As the area developed it started to be called Plymouth in early records dated 1275.

Someone must have better info than that ???
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:17 pm

They are fictional books, a bit over the top, apart about Exeter being full of shit. by the way this 12th book he moved out of the shit and gone to London.

When I finish I will be putting them in Devonport cafe.

Last edited by Tgwu on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
simao

simao

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Saxon times known as part of the royal estate of Sutton. The Domesday Book mentions only its pastures, ploughs, meadowlands, sheep and peasant farmers. Henry I granted Sutton to the Valletort family - and then a part to the priory of nearby Plympton. In 1254 Plympton obtained a royal charter for market and fairs. Sutton Pool was attacked by the Bretons through the 14th century (hence the name Bretonside)
The name Plymouth appears around 1380. First described as Plym-mouth in 1355 when the Black Prince embarked for Gascony. In 1439 the town secured its indepenence from Plymouth Priory with an act of parliament as the "towne of Plymothe"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next