Peggy
seadog
Czarcasm
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:53 am

The wife and I had a good evening at Dartmouth the Fireworks and music was excellent

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:16 am

green_genie wrote:
Tiling finished in downstairs loo.

Dropped ceiling and electrickery this morning before finally getting around to Offspring I's Architectural Challenge around Devonport and Stoke.

Stoke Inn is on list so may have to check out new management's work.

My niece was in partnership with the old landlord of the Stoke Inn, she ran The Three Tuns Inn in Honiton which she finish doing a few years back.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:39 am

Didn't soak my feet last night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:48 am

lack of mustard ?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:05 am

Mrs PP is still unwell, staying in bed.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:24 pm

green_genie wrote:

Dropped ceiling and electrickery this morning before finally getting around to Offspring I's Architectural Challenge around Devonport and Stoke.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:28 pm

green_genie wrote:

I have ceiling issues too. Both kids bedrooms desperately need stripping and re-plastering. Ceiling needs to come down and be re-boarded too in one bedroom, which means all of her shit has to be found a new home whilst I do it. Crying or Very sad  
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Went to Royal William Yard this morning market waste of time, trying to park is appalling. Finished up in Devonport Park.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm in the Devonport Park fan club. Lovely place.

Didn't stop at the Stoke Inn as at start of trail but looks like they have made a good effort. Good luck to them.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Went to the Dolphin last night - singing with Birdman
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:21 pm

green_genie wrote:
I'm in the Devonport Park fan club. Lovely place.
Told you so Cool 

Tell you what, though. People talk about Demport as if it's a dump and the people who live here are all lowlifes, but look at how nice we keep our park. And all the other nice new shiny things we've got, in fact.

In other news, nearly all the locker keys at swimming have now lost their little wristband thingies. Number 13 didn't have one tonight, so I went for number 3 but that was in use, so took number 4, which did have a wristband thingy. However, on closer examination, said wristband thingy was about to snap, so I left it on the table while I took my constitutional. Felt very strange swimming without it round my arm, but I managed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:31 pm

I hope Mrs PP gets well soon Pete.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I hope Mrs PP gets well soon Pete.
It's a long term problem, which is worse sometimes than others. Doctor says you must expect these sort of things at your age. Things to expect through life:- 0 - 10 Years = growing pains. 10 - 20 years = puberty. 20 - 40 years = bloody kids. 40 - 60 years = change of life. 60 plus = old age.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:26 pm

The new woman in my life is aged 92. She is chair-bound with arthritis. But she is as sharp as a knife - with a wicked sense of humour. I began visiting her in connection with a project in the village around our up-coming jazz festival but she is such good company that I will carry on.

90 plus - second child-hood. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Never had you down as a cradle-snatcher, Knecht ...

Some relatives of mine were up Calstock today, and they're thinking of attending your jazz festival. I'll let you know if they need any advice on jumpers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:49 pm

David Frost has died....15 days younger than me.....I must be doing something right.......bullet dodging I expect.

.........and he hasn't had to support Argyle either.......the stress must be good for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Tickets are selling out fast. Saturday night has gone. Friday night has almost gone and Sunday night (the one I'm most looking forward to) is not far behind. But there are gigs at ALL the village venues - both the pubs, the small art gallery, the club, the church and, of course, the Old Chapel (where, sadly Henning Wehn has also sold out though there are still tickets for Mark Thomas as well as Lucy Porter!).

It is rumoured that people are increasingly coming to us to gather ideas for what the well-dressed man is currently wearing. In fact, I am thinking of starting a knitters circle to pass on my knowledge. An example of my latest creation:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:54 pm

Henning Wehn has sold out? Bugger!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:01 pm

Der frühe Vogel fängt den Wurm.

There may be returns & if you turn up at the door you may get in. I don't deal with the box office.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Queueing up for the Calstock Arts festival.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Queueing up for the Calstock Arts festival.

Where did you get that picture? Many years ago, a friend knitted me one very similar - seriously - but I never wore it because it was too small.

Actual picture of queue for Calstock Old Chapel Arts Centre:
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:54 am

Green Bin day today, and I forgot to put mine up.

Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 6:04 pm

I better not let the eight year old see that - she'll kill for anything High School Musical related.

In other news, you're absolutely right, Knecht. Mein Fehler.

And in other, other news, I started my fab new job today. Bit knackered now. Might soak my feet later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:02 pm

I looked on my wife's Facebook (with her I may add) didn't like it, what is that all about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:39 pm

It's a giant mundane website rather than just a thread Iggy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next