seadog
Czarcasm
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Went on the bus to Debenhams where Mrs PP (who has recovered from being poorly, thankyou) had her hair done. Had a Friary Mill pasty for lunch, home and went for a lie down.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Sainsbury's (nectar points innit) have got their knickers well twisted about my milk intake. I rarely buy milk there (well I'm not going to buy any when there's plenty in the fridge, am I? And anyway, it's much cheaper up Lidls.) Now every time I so much as glance at a Sainsbury's they give me yet another voucher for millions of extra nectar points innit when I buy milk.

Tomorrow I might just confound them and buy some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:15 am

Spent a pleasant lunchtime at The Tamar Inn Calstock yesterday, very nice beer and company.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:59 am

Morrison shopping this morning, after launch a walk to Devonport Park to hand in the 14 books I have on the Devon Crowner. (The 15th I took back to the library yesterday this should be read first) 50p they sells them for, it helps to keep the park in flower.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Very nice English breakfast at Lor & Order (ex hash browns) followed by aromatic duck purchase from KW Foods for tomorrow's tea.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:42 pm

Raining this afternoon and Devonport Park cafe was still doing good business
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:39 am

Sometimes mundane is more interesting than the more exciting stuff. Interesting paradox that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:40 am

Iggy wrote:
Spent a pleasant lunchtime at The Tamar Inn Calstock yesterday, very nice beer and company.

That is certainly mundane as it's taken for granted in god's own village.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:53 am

Sat tonight in a virtually empty bar with a free performance from a local performer. She is a quite superb guitarist. Maybe people stayed home as it's Friday 13th.

Tomorrow we have Martin Simpson (who the above performer actually learnt from at one point, I think). We have sold out all tickets. He is a magnificent folk guitarist. But, by definition, that's not mundane so I'll stop there.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Au contraire knecht, au contraire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 6:06 pm

"He has been nominated 23 times in the 11 years of the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards, including nine times consecutively as Artist of The Year, which he has won twice. His album Prodigal Son was named album of the year in 2008 and a song from that album, "Never Any Good" was named best original song of the year.
Martin Simpson is regarded by many as one of the most skilled folk guitarists currently playing on the British and American folk scene.
" (Thanks to Wikipedia).

He's actually not my choice of guitarists & the above isn't really representative. He is a gifted guitarist but too technique driven for me.

Whereas this is the bees' knees.

Now that is really not mundane guitar playing but I'll slip it in whilst Peggy isn't looking. C'est merveilleux.

Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:22 pm

Ah, but who says I wasn't looking? Eh?

Got the milk yesterday, along with the zillions of extra nectar points innit.

At one point today, there was not a single item in the kitchen waiting to be washed up. That's very rare round here, and it didn't last for long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:36 pm

(this has to qualify and can't think why several thousand others haven't put it up)

Went to Argyle today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:52 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
(this has to qualify and can't think why several thousand others haven't put it up)

Went to Argyle today.

........and how did they get on sensible.....or is that too mundane a question to ask.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:05 pm

There was a cloud shaped like a crocodile over the grandstand.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 7:38 pm

The microwave door's developed a squeak. Over-use, probably.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Could be a mouse in there.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Some Courier firms usually send a text to say your parcel will be delivered between (for example) 1.35pm - 2.35pm. I like those texts, because you can do stuff.

I've just received a text saying that my parcel has been despatched for delivery by HERMES within the next 2-5 working days. I take it from the fact that it's not 1-5 working days, there's no chance of delivery tomorrow.

I may text them back thanking them for their polite, informal but informative text, and let them know I'll be sure to stay home and spend thursday friday monday and tuesday (potentially) by the door waiting for the bell to ring.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:31 pm

I left for work at 9.25 yesterday morning (flexitime innit). Our letterboxes are outside the front door to the block (dunno why - don't like it, either). For some reason, I looked. There was a card saying the postie had tried to deliver a parcel at 9.30.

Which must mean the bleddy doorbell's not working again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:56 pm

Not necessarily....

I once saw a postman coming up my steps. After a few minutes I went downstairs to pick up the post and there was nothing there except a card saying he had called but there was no reply. My road is a long road with a dead-end so I stood outside & caught him on the way back. I said I hadn't heard the bell. His reply was, "Oh, I don't do bells," and he gave me my package.

Anyone know a Post Office Union man who could sort it out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 11:08 pm

He'd probably want compensation paying to his man for being made to talk to a member of the public who asked him something in a slightly huffy tone. Must be worth thousands....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 8:08 am

Postmen don't want to catch bell pushing finger syndrome....makes nose picking so difficult.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Travelling up north yesterday in the car, when my wife turn to me and said I could do with some thing to suck, I smiled
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Coming down to 'muff tomorrow night for my Sister's graduation (#educatedsuperstar). Looking to stop off at Taunton services for a Burger King (strictly Medium sized...none of this expensive Go Large nonsense)
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 5:54 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
Coming down to 'muff tomorrow night for my Sister's graduation (#educatedsuperstar). Looking to stop off at Taunton services for a Burger King (strictly Medium sized...none of this expensive Go Large nonsense)
Always good to plan ahead.

Gordano's has always been my service station of choice, in a 'half-way from London' sort of way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next