Mapperley, darling
swampy
Han Solos Other Ship
Dougie
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

The President Speaks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Quote :
“It's sad when a man who helped to save the club and has been recognised by the owner as doing so can get so maligned by people who say they love the club, it could only happen in Plymouth.

Kevin Heaney, the worse businessman in the area came very close to buying our precious club and he would have done so if it wasn't for a certain London-based Japanese businessman leaving him in the lurch, but even then he couldn't just walk away so Argyle could get another bidder in, no it took Chris Webb & his mates to catch him out and pursue Mr Weeny until it was shown the type of individual he was. Chris etal convinced James Brent that Plymouth Argyle were an institution worth saving from the scrap heap and within weeks after a lot of hard expensive work we were out of administration. Sounds to me like both James Brent and Chris Webb are men of action and not just words, unlike some who comment on these boards.”

does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Whoever wrote it has conveniently forgotton that Brent's was the FIRST offer tabled to Guilfoyle right at the start of admin. Reluctant bidder, my arse. feck all to do with Webb and his cronies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 8:04 pm

Have no affinity with this muppet at all, Brent is as bad what with mixing with trash!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Quote :
“It's sad when a man who helped to save the club and has been recognised by the owner as doing so can get so maligned by people who say they love the club, it could only happen in Plymouth.

Kevin Heaney, the worse businessman in the area came very close to buying our precious club and he would have done so if it wasn't for a certain London-based Japanese businessman leaving him in the lurch, but even then he couldn't just walk away so Argyle could get another bidder in, no it took Chris Webb & his mates to catch him out and pursue Mr Weeny until it was shown the type of individual he was. Chris etal convinced James Brent that Plymouth Argyle were an institution worth saving from the scrap heap and within weeks after a lot of hard expensive work we were out of administration. Sounds to me like both James Brent and Chris Webb are men of action and not just words, unlike some who comment on these boards.”

does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Less than a penny in the pound to unsecured creditors, people allegedly being bullied into decreeing wages. Thanks Webby!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Chris Webb ‏@Chris_Webb1 15m
Well done the Green Army. Well done John Sheridan. Well done the players. A massive sense of relief. PLEASE PLEAE PLEASE never again #pafc
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:47 pm

Said the same thing last year in not so many words. In many ways this year has been worse then some of the 'excusable' recent seasons. From the (wasted) competitive budget to the signing and fan backing of the non non league striker to the loss to a non league team in the FA Cup to the backing of a non league manager it's just been an awful waste of time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 6:57 pm

It hasn't been a waste of my time this season, Dougie. I'm proud of changing my Saturdays and Tuesday night soakings.

Ever since Stapes and co set us on the road to property men moving in, my love affair has dwindled and dwindled ... no more the cute club of the South West that represented strongly on occasion the fervour and culture of people down here, no matter what league we were in.
Now, this club is a second rate pale branding in the mind of a a London goon, secondary to a city corporate crap on a par with the Drakes Circus nonsense.. Not for me. I won't be buying my football product from Manchester, but then, I never did. What a waste of a good customer .... still, there's plenty of things to catch my eye out there, and they have. Life is often habitual.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:42 pm

Would be interested to know exactly how long Webb has known Brent for
It definately appears to be longer than just the admin process with the way in which he was so keen to promote Brent as the one and only
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The President Speaks   The President Speaks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The President Speaks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2