Dougie
Dane
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 6:39 am

There's a distinct difference this season. Last season we were saved with backs to the wall battling and the odd outstretched leg. Fletcher deserved our thanks but not an automatic chance for another go as his managerial shortcomings were so glaringly obvious. This season I think we can all see we have a proper manager, IMHO he's worked a freaking miracle, who undoubtably deserves the chance to take us forward on merit. There's no guarantees but after a long, long time there's room for some on pitch optimism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:57 am

I don't blame Sheridan for not talking about it until we are safe, I wouldn't in his shoes. Cme Saturday when some other team decks up and we grab a point (god how I want the misery to end) and we are mathematically safe then sort it out. I am sure we had a clause to take him on for another year at least if he kept us up, let's hope he takes the chance. Maybe he will make demands of Brent of how much he wants for next season if he stays, I hope so and I hope it's given to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 4:04 pm

P J said that they have offered a new contract to Sheridan but Sheridan wont talk about any contracts whether him or players until we are safe, Sparksey said are you going to try and tie him down on Monday morning and PJ said that he will talk to him at 4.55 pm tonight!
Bring it on home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Iggy wrote:
P J said that they have offered a new contract to Sheridan but Sheridan wont talk about any contracts whether him or players until we are safe, Sparksey said are you going to try and tie him down on Monday morning and PJ said that he will talk to him at 4.55 pm tonight!
Bring it on home.

I guess it will be left till next saturday now!!! although i still want him to sign on asap.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:04 am

If we do get relegated on Saturday, it won't be through lack of good work on JS's part.

Supposing the worst happens, I'd very much like to see the club offer him a contract anyway. If anyone can get us back up, it's JS. Perversely it may even make him more likely to accept an offer if having a relegation on his CV makes him less attractive to other clubs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:35 am

GreenSam wrote:
If we do get relegated on Saturday, it won't be through lack of good work on JS's part.

Supposing the worst happens, I'd very much like to see the club offer him a contract anyway. If anyone can get us back up, it's JS. Perversely it may even make him more likely to accept an offer if having a relegation on his CV makes him less attractive to other clubs.

Perversely? That isn't perversely!

Perversely he'd be more attractive with a broken bottle shoved up his ass while wearing stockings and suspenders, dangling from the chandelier with a snooker ball in his mouth and battery clamps attached to each nipple.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:26 am

nice
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:53 am

I think if the worst happens he'll stay. He would be the man to get us up at the first time of asking. Our form under him is play off standard and there ain't that much difference between the top sides in the conference and us, I guess the shit teams are praaaaaapar shit too

Like Exeter were lol
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:59 am

Greenjock wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Perversely he'd be more attractive with a broken bottle shoved up his ass while wearing stockings and suspenders, dangling from the chandelier with a snooker ball in his mouth and battery clamps attached to each nipple.

Just wondering how you thought that one up! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 11:47 am

akagreengull wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Just wondering how you thought that one up! Laughing

Anyone else have a disturbing image in their head?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 12:33 am

I've just finished a telephone call with a colleague of mine who is good friends with Wotton. He says that PW is 100% certain that Sheridan will not be staying at Argyle regardless of the result on Saturday. Shame.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 12:42 am

FFS.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:16 am

Gert Loinz wrote:
I've just finished a telephone call with a colleague of mine who is good friends with Wotton. He says that PW is 100% certain that Sheridan will not be staying at Argyle regardless of the result on Saturday. Shame.

That comment now begs the question...

Why not?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:17 am

Gert Loinz wrote:

Wake me up when this nightmare is over
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:45 am

I knew he wouldn't stay. It was obvious to me. Too many better offers from other L2 or L1 clubs. The club cannot recover until the poisonous property developing banker is history.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:48 am

There's a couple of posts on pasoti rumours about Sheridan leaving. Even Ponty is offering to take bets on Sheridan not being here next season.

I would guess one of the reasons will be down to huge playing budget cuts.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:56 am

Even the players are (alledgedly) telling fans that JS is leaving- good motivation for Saturday!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:18 am

It never ends, does it? What an unholy shambles this once proud club has become.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
It never ends, does it? What an unholy shambles this once proud club has become.

But the auctioneer and bucket rattlers are still very much on top form. 'Let's talk about the football' Rolling Eyes No

Nothing but compliance and total support for the fine gentleman and his reluctant plans.

We will get the club they deserve, for being such obvious sell outs.

Run by village idiots, for village idiots.

Brent has known the score all along.

All but the self promoting and the dimwitted, will never forgive them.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:33 am

There is a news Conference at 11:15 about Chris Wilders Future in Oxford

Worried there maybe another club after John Sheridans signature..
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:03 am

If the above is true,then Oxford United could perhaps offer Sheridan a better deal than what Argyle and Brent may have in mind.

It is up to Sheridan at the end of the day [he may opt to stay here if offered the chance and give it a crack or he may listen to offers from afar]. Personally,i'd be sorry if he left to take up a role elsewhere,but there will always be no shortage of willing candidates to replace him..

The club needs some stability right now,especially within team matters/affairs. Brent was way too slow in getting rid of Fletcher,Sheridan has come in and done a grand job to date and it would be no surprise to see other clubs looking at his work down here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:05 am

if john leaving has anything to do with all the neil warnock talk than i dont blame him in the slightest for leaving this club.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:10 am

up in oxford at the moment with the radio on.. will keep u posted if anything comes up of interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:11 am

Surely no announcement will be made either by Oxford or by Argyle until after the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:27 am

News Conference Delayed

"THERE has been a small delay to the start of the press conference about the future of Oxford United manager Chris Wilder.

The club has said it does not want live coverage during the press conference but as soon as the information is official, we will post it here and on twitter"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

John Sheridan is the man ......
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next