Highwayman
Ken Adams
Dougie
Dane
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:55 pm

125+1 wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
I might be reading too much into it, but in this bbc article it is worrying when he refers to Argyle as "them" and not us or we-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If Sheridan stays, I don't see much point in having Warnock on board. If Sheridan leaves, then it could be a consideration.

He also says this.

"So if I keep them in the division it'll be a really big thing for me and hopefully everything will take care of itself,"

And also we dont know what Brent and Sheridan have been discussing. Its ok saying Brent get your finger out, how do we know if a contract isnt already there?, or even if Sheridan has told him he wont be staying.

He said he has spoken with Brent so as soon as the seasons over we will know what the plans are.

Lets be mathimatically safe this season before we worry about the next.

It was to long ago John Sheridan wasnt an inspired choice!

Very true and fair play to him for proving alot of fans including me wrong.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:00 pm

he WAS an inspired choice.
the only people who thought he'd be a bad one im afraid were Fletcher loving Aviva's!

a totally disorganised, hopeless outfit asking to be 10points adrift by the seasons end (still not 100% safe i grant you) have been salvaged by some good loan signings & some weaknesses addressed.

Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:05 pm

Elias wrote:
the only people who thought he'd be a bad one im afraid were Fletcher loving Aviva's!

a totally disorganised, hopeless outfit asking to be 10points adrift by the seasons end (still not 100% safe i grant you) have been salvaged by some good loan signings & some weaknesses addressed.

I dont think that statement is quite right!, go back a look at the Sheridan thread when he was appointed. Lets see how many regular posters on here wasnt inspired.

The trouble with this site is although its democratic, its only that if you have the same opinion as the masses. If you dare to have a differing opinion you are called "Aviva" which makes this site no better than pasoti!.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:08 pm

125+1 wrote:
Elias wrote:

I dont think that statement is quite right!, go back a look at the Sheridan thread when he was appointed. Lets see how many regular posters on here wasnt inspired.

The trouble with this site is although its democratic, its only that if you have the same opinion as the masses. If you dare to have a differing opinion you are called "Aviva" which makes this site no better than pasoti!.

Be fair you can go back on the pasoti one too and see more who didnt agree with the choice. Hell, even their poll only 1% wanted him!!!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:13 pm

I wanted Keith Hill.

Wasn't overly impressed with the appointment, but on listening to his interviews etc thought he at least sounded like he knew what he was doing (which was an improvement on Fletch).

First few games were quite poor, but he was obviously building from the back first- which Chesterfield fans said was a weakness in his management of them. After this period (Aldershot away onwards?) it was obvious that he was a good manager.

I still remember some fans during the early period stating that the removal of Fletch was a mistake and we'd struggle with Sheridan Laughing .

His radio/ TV interviews, I think, show him to be a no-nonsense manager and that he is the manager of the players and not their mate. He is quite honest in appraisal of games (no "we wuz unlucky" statements after every loss) and that's what we needed after Fletcher (seemingly watching different games to the rest of us).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:19 pm

I also would have preferred Hill but Sheridan's stepped up to the mark and done what needed to be done. He deserves the credit.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Elias wrote:

Be fair you can go back on the pasoti one too and see more who didnt agree with the choice. Hell, even their poll only 1% wanted him!!!

I dont do Pasoti, me and a certain person who i have no Intention of JamiNg on here do not see eye to eye.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:34 pm

125+1 wrote:
Elias wrote:

well said that man,,,
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:36 pm

And here comes cornwall's Scabbot's finest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:12 pm

125+1 wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Elias wrote:

I dont do Pasoti, me and a certain person who i have no Intention of JamiNg on here do not see eye to eye.

My point is that it wasnt an ATD agenda that didnt want Sheridan at the time it was a universal feeling throughout the fanbase more so on there. Glad he proved alot wrong.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:22 pm

125+1 wrote:
He wont be looking at Exeter then.

You're not wrong.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:37 pm

I think it's a little misleading to say Sheridan wasn't an inspired choice when the alternative choice was Keith Hill who done wonders at Rochdale as well as being an ex player for us plus Shezza's history with Friio, any vote was always going to be skewed in Hill's favour. All said and done, many also recognised their identical 40% win records.

My main concern was the players he inherited. To reach 52 points with 2 games remaining has been a fantastic effort by all concerned including the coaching staff (Owers?) and the players who could've easily lost faith after a couple of recent defeats but bounced back immediately with some unexpected results. Well done all.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:05 pm

For me, this is another test of Brent's interest in the club. Sheridan has done very well in his short time here, and deserves the chance to take the club further.

Will Brent step up and offer him a 2 year contract on that basis?

Or will we get the cheap option of Wotton as player/manager assisted by Warnock?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:13 pm

125+1 wrote:
Elias wrote:

in MY opinion MY statement is 100% correct.
you have a different take on it, fair enough.

the 'trouble' with this site is if i want to say AVIVA to describe any fans I can.

to quote the song by the jeff healey band NICE 'PROBLEM' TO HAVE !!!

Last edited by Elias on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:17 pm

I was never anti Sheridan, I was in the anybody but Fletcher camp.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Iggy wrote:

But he was an exceptional individual Shocked

There's also the Bates factor Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Iggy wrote:

dont think i was anti sheridan like that but i really wanted keith hill like many others. Glad i got proven wrong by him though and hope he stays.

Is Carl Fletcher still unemployed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 4:57 pm

So why has Sheridan not been offered a new contract? strike while the iron is hot etc!! Clubs will be sitting up and taking notice
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Iggy wrote:

dont think i was anti sheridan like that but i really wanted keith hill like many others. Glad i got proven wrong by him though and hope he stays.

Is Carl Fletcher still unemployed?
Same here Angry, infact with the news of sheridans appointment I was pissed off, nice to be wrong sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Sheridan my not be the best manager in this league but he was the one who was available at the time and considering where Argyle were at the time he took over I think he has done a really good job.

And for that I take my hat off to him.

PS. I haven't looked into his eyes though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:55 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
So why has Sheridan not been offered a new contract? strike while the iron is hot etc!! Clubs will be sitting up and taking notice

We don't know that he hasn't.

I was quite happy with Sheridan when his name became linked with the job. I absolutely didn't want Colin Lee, but I would've taken 99.9999% of other managers over Fletcher.

Pasoti were totally underwhelmed with Sheridan's appointment and there were some really great throwing the toys out of the pram posts when he was given the job.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:04 pm

I wanted Hill but chuffed we didn't get the fecker now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:10 pm

Greenjock wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

We don't know that he hasn't.

I was quite happy with Sheridan when his name became linked with the job. I absolutely didn't want Colin Lee, but I would've taken 99.9999% of other managers over Fletcher.

Pasoti were totally underwhelmed with Sheridan's appointment and there were some really great throwing the toys out of the pram posts when he was given the job.

I believe there must be a pre agreed contract made with John when joined that would be activate once league survival has been assured.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Sounds to me like Sheridan is off. Clearly better opportunities elsewhere where property development isn't priority No1.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:13 pm

Why? Did he say I'm off in two games time or something. From what I read in the Herald interview he said he was concentrating on winning the last 2 games to ensure Argyle's survival and the rest will take care of itself. Now I could just as easily interpret that as him saying if we achieve or once we have achieved survival I will be talking contracts but not before. What is the point of speculating when he basically hasn't said anything at all yet of any substance.

This argument of "he will be off to a better offer" was had previously. I personally can't see any club in this league bar a couple who could offer him some big carrot to join them over what he could be offered here. Why is it that people think all these other clubs can throw money at a Manager in wages. Simple facts are they can't really and few of them are being bankrolled to any degree. We are as big as any other club in this league and given the right stewardship from the bench could probably compete as well. The difference between us and some others is we do have potential even if it hasn't show itself in recent years. If we managed to go up we have better prospects than a lot of staying there and even pushing on again.

I was one of the "anyone but Fletcher" brigade and would have been happy to give anyone a go at the job. I also didn't rubbish the blokes efforts even before he had been here for one game like some were doing. I guess talking down Argyle is a habit these days the same as branding anyone with a positive thought an Aviva as if that passes as the worst insult possible. It's my club so having a happy thought once in a while isn't necessarily a crime.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

John Sheridan is the man ......
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next