Dougie
Dane
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

John Sheridan is the man ...... Empty
PostSubject: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:43 pm

...... To drive the reincarnation of Plymouth argyle.

Warnock is a spent force with nothing really to prove in the game. Sheridan is a young manager looking to make his way in the game, hungry for success and got it all the prove.

Everyone's a winner.

Sign him up now Mr Brent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:52 pm

To be fair no-one is suggesting Warnock should be manager...your playing Devils advocate here bunney rabbit.
Hes just not a bad man to have hanging around for a few days a week at boardroom level, and as has been suggested on here and the farm he wont be working for big wages/ if anything..its a hobby for him now.
Even Sheridan has came out public and said hes does not have a problem with Warnock having a background role.
Lets not all go creaming our pants because we are finishing 18th in L2, its still bloody embarrassing, and with the playing budget next season being slashed as some are saying we will need folk with contacts.

Last edited by punchdrunk on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:53 pm

Dane. wrote:
...... To drive the reincarnation of Plymouth argyle.

Warnock is a spent force with nothing really to prove in the game. Sheridan is a young manager looking to make his way in the game, hungry for success and got it all the prove.

Everyone's a winner.

Sign him up now Mr Brent

AMEN mr Bunney

get it cracking James he wont hang around forever for a new contract he will take us far cheers
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:59 pm

I trust Sheridan to move us forward next year. There will be other chairman casting admiring glances in his direction. Who knows how settled he is the area or if he wants to move his family down or continue his long distance living. I hope someone has got a handle on what it will take to make him stay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:00 pm

Success will make him stay, if he thinks he can do well here he will stay, if he thinks he wont be backed he will be off, interesting to know his decision when he makes it.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:02 pm

No one is creaming in there pants because of an 18th finish in the league. However when JS arrived we were dead and buried. The form table suggests he has worked miracles.

He has done enough in his short term to provide optimism for next season.
Back to top Go down
Ken Adams

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:03 pm

This guy deserves a fukin medal. He's turned around this shower of shit and made us into a side with play-off form in no time at all. Unfortunately Brent couldnt give a shit about the ffotball and will no doubt refuse to give Shezza what he deserves. Theres light at the end of this tunnel boys but im thinking its an oncoming fukin Brent train...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:04 pm

I like neil warnock top bloke,how could we lose with him on board, but shezza for manager without a doubt, lets see if brent signs him up quick before we end up with another cluless style manager.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:05 pm

To me, argyle are the ideal club for someone like Sheridan, looking to make a name for himself in the game as a manager.

If he leaves for football reasons, big questions about this boards ambitions will then have to be answered and not swept under the rug in the new grandstand reception.

Brent is coming to his first big footballing crossroads. He should do everything to give Sheridan some security for the next 3 years
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Last time - Warnock believes that there is too big a gap between the manager and the owners in football. He believes that someone of his experience (and non-threatening) working part time would be able to assist the club and bridge that gap thereby creating stability.

He lives locally, waxes lyrical about the club and the area and would be great for the role. He's got the respect of Sheridan it seems and is in communication with Brent on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:46 pm

Iggy wrote:
Success will make him stay, if he thinks he can do well here he will stay, if he thinks he wont be backed he will be off, interesting to know his decision when he makes it.

I hope to feck you're right iggy and he signs a 2 year deal
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:52 pm

I'm not so sure Sheridan will want to stay. There will be better offers in L2 and L1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:58 pm

Freathy wrote:
I'm not so sure Sheridan will want to stay. There will be better offers in L2 and L1.

Indeed .he probably already seen the plans for the micro-stand and realizes his ambition extends far beyond the 3rd and 4th divisions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:01 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
Last time - Warnock believes that there is too big a gap between the manager and the owners in football. He believes that someone of his experience (and non-threatening) working part time would be able to assist the club and bridge that gap thereby creating stability.

He lives locally, waxes lyrical about the club and the area and would be great for the role. He's got the respect of Sheridan it seems and is in communication with Brent on a regular basis.

i will never understand jannars
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:01 pm

He's done, to my mind, a much better job than Flecther did last year. Fletch got us safe through predominantly the acquisition of wily old pros, Purse, Wotton, Chadwick. This year Sheridan has done it in better style in spite of losing Purse, Wottons' less than mobile legs being another year older and with Chadwick remembering that he's shit and he still gets paid regardless of effort. And the games have been more entertaining than last years bus parking strategy.

That said, we're not safe yet. I'm quite smiley now, but a tonking on Saturday will have my arse twitching like a bunnys nose again. albino

Steve

Note to Freathy, your 'roar' was understated but awe inspiring.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:11 am

Just read the Herald article re Sheridan- no clues given to if he is staying, we are all making an assumption that he will stay, he will undoubtably get other offers from clubs. Given what he has achieved at H.P. I think it's 50/50 if he stays and I have no belief Brent will fund him in salary or squad building.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:47 am

Brent needs to pull his finger out if his ass and give the bloke what he wants to he him to sign.

Fletcher left us in a terrible state of affairs, JS has rescued argyle.

If JS is to leave the board need to know ASAP so they can find a replacement so he can stArt building his squad ASAP. Else argyle will be in trouble next season all over again. How many lives have they got left ?

However. JS might feel that he can take argyle back to the championship, and that will be enough for him to stick around.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:04 am

I'm not sure other teams will be falling over themselves to throw contracts at Sheridan. He's done a great job, but if you take the supposed decent budget we have, then any decent manager should have been able to get us safe. It's only Fletchers utter incompetence as a gaffer that got us into this mess. Shezza came in, immediately identified to main areas of dross, and rectified the situation.

It's a managers dream to pull a job coaching a team like Argyle in division 4, because the budget/crowd/potential gives you a boné fida chance to improve your CV.

Shezza will be here next year, I'm pretty sure of that.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:19 pm

I might be reading too much into it, but in this bbc article it is worrying when he refers to Argyle as "them" and not us or we-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If Sheridan stays, I don't see much point in having Warnock on board. If Sheridan leaves, then it could be a consideration.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Freathy wrote:

im afraid that is very true.

sheridan could be the 'new' sturrock for us, northern winner mentality, no ties to south west & will kick ass.

got a feeling rotherham may tempt him away of they dont go up.

warnock will be a disaster unless brent splashes the cash...........can you imagine £50m to rebuild HHP and only £3.87 to spend of the team affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:33 pm

He is bound to get good and better offers rolling in from clubs further up the football hierarchy then us. Showing ambition would help, but a 17,000 capacity stadium in a City of over a quarter of a million doesn't exactly fill the veins with blood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:38 pm

offer him a new contract one that states the ambition of the club. if he turns that down fair enough then by all meand get your messiah Warnock back if 1996 is still to hard to move on from but either way the club must act now to keep John.

Last edited by Angry of Mayfair on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:41 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
It's an unemployed manager with no kind of track record's dream to pull a job coaching a team like Argyle in division 4, it gives him a chance to put a run of results together so that he has a far better chance of getting a job at a decent club

Amended for factuals.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
It's an unemployed manager with no kind of track record's dream to pull a job coaching a team like Argyle in division 4, it gives him a chance to put a run of results together so that he has a far better chance of getting a job at a decent club

Amended for factuals.

He wont be looking at Exeter then.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:54 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I might be reading too much into it, but in this bbc article it is worrying when he refers to Argyle as "them" and not us or we-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If Sheridan stays, I don't see much point in having Warnock on board. If Sheridan leaves, then it could be a consideration.

He also says this.

"So if I keep them in the division it'll be a really big thing for me and hopefully everything will take care of itself,"

And also we dont know what Brent and Sheridan have been discussing. Its ok saying Brent get your finger out, how do we know if a contract isnt already there?, or even if Sheridan has told him he wont be staying.

He said he has spoken with Brent so as soon as the seasons over we will know what the plans are.

Lets be mathimatically safe this season before we worry about the next.

It was to long ago John Sheridan wasnt an inspired choice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan is the man ......   John Sheridan is the man ...... Empty

Back to top Go down

John Sheridan is the man ......
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next