Peggy
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 1:57 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
thatcher advocated the 'family first' motto.

all well and good, you may think, but what her policy REALLY was about was 'family only and feck everyone else, look out for your own and sue any fecker that you want to, rip off anybody - and that includes your reli's ( for an example, her boys involvement in some coups in africa,and south america 'it wasnt me'!), if you are a company, you'd better be a big one, coz theres no room in this country for sole traders , just soul traders'

people under 30 didnt really live at the time of her policy up-evils, but by eckaslike are they paying now.

she fecked over the entire country, including you, and if you think she didnt, you are james brent or the like. noone but bankers and cnuts profited from her reign

......and her boy losing himself in the Sahara........being found by our military at whose cost I wonder........the pratt.....sorry I forgot he has inherited a title.....sorry sir.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:11 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Thatcher's welcome demise is less traumatic than Cameron still being alive (Frankie Boyle tweet). Razz

Is this a case of a complete cnut quoting a complete cnut ?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Gert Loinz wrote:

One of my fav episodes of The West Wing ackchewlee

Hard to pick a fave out of 154 gems, I don't count season 3 episode 1.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:15 pm

ZYPH wrote:
......and her boy losing himself in the Sahara........being found by our military at whose cost I wonder........the pratt.....sorry I forgot he has inherited a title.....sorry sir.

Actually she went out of her way to make sure that she and Dennis picked up the tab for that one, but let's not let the facts get in the way, eh?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 3:28 pm

knecht wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
But then Jock,the Thatcher era certainly wasn't the only one in which decisions were made which caused upheaval and distress.I come from a [Labour voting] family which has strong historical roots in working on the railways.The Beeching report caused many of them to take early retirement,make unwanted moves to other industries in faraway places or simply get made redundant.All around the country,communities which which were based on the presence of a railway [Halwill Junction,Woodford Halse,Melton Constable] were destroyed and have never recovered in some cases. Although initiated by a Tory government,most of the cuts made were actually made under Labour,who did stuff all to reverse the process in spite of promises made in the 1964 election.No doubt you could go through all of the various era's in which Labour was in power and find similar examples in different industries,Thatcher sure wasn't the first politician and won't be the last to make such far reaching and devastating decisions.

A minor point (OK a VERY minor point) but Woodford Halse never took off as a centre of the railway. It wasn't "destroyed" by Beeching. It was an earlier speculative railway development that never took off because the hoped for railway went elsewhere. (I think).But that illustrates one of the issues - there are "facts", "myths" and "points of view". We all select whatever works to support our prejudices.

My prejudice is that she was a heartless, driven megalomaniac who took pleasure in the class war and bringing swathes of the population to its knees. It was the humiliation of groups of people. Being convinced is not necessarily a good trait. It was only party unity that kept her going for so long - and, tellingly, it was the breakdown of that wafer-thin veneer of unity that brought her down. Whilst in office we twice saw a human side of Tha***er. Once when the arms-trading, coup-fomenting son of hers lost his way in the desert (good for her). And, most tellingly, her tears when she was ousted from power.

In the end, it wasn't for the things she did or didn't do that was so wrong (though in my opinion there is a long list of that). It was the encouragement of greed and the all-for-myself culture that was abhorrent. Things may have needed sorting but you don't amputate a leg to cut toe nails.

Woodford Halse was actually a fairly major hub of the Great Central Railway,it was where the Motive Power Depot of the company was situated;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The closure of the GCR was another utterly crazy decision taken by Beeching-he had this obsession that any line which remotely duplicated another had to be closed,which was the raison d'etre for the closure of the Southern main line through Tavistock and Okehampton.The GCR was built as a very fast route from Sheffield to London and was intended to eventually reach the channel tunnel-very far sighted and the line would be worth it's weight in gold now.I believe part of it is to be used for the HS2 line if and when it comes to fruition,there are two sections which are in use as heritage railways,between Nottingham and Loughborough and Loughborough and Leicester-hopefully the two will be joined up again one day,BR very kindly pulled down the bridge which previousy connected the two in the 1980's and which will take a small fortune to restore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 3:35 pm

No PM past or present will be held in the same light by the people annd will always spilt opinion. Maggie is an extreme case for this she did some good for the country but hurt the northerners hard with coal mine fiaso and lack of investment. Whilst the south got the development and growth where places like tring became commuter towns for yuppies.

whilst i understand she is hated up north i refuse to believe 23 years later including 15 under a labour government she is at fault still for all of the norths problems. I think in somecases she is used as a excuse rather than tackle the reasons.

Winston Churchill wasnt that good a pm (if you put aside ww2) he helped create the situation in israel/palestine, refused women the vote, caused a massacre in turkey and ordered the croke park shootings. Yet he is held as our greatest pm!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Angry of Manchester wrote:
No PM past or present will be held in the same light by the people annd will always spilt opinion. Maggie is an extreme case for this she did some good for the country but hurt the northerners hard with coal mine fiaso and lack of investment. Whilst the south got the development and growth where places like tring became commuter towns for yuppies.

whilst i understand she is hated up north i refuse to believe 23 years later including 15 under a labour government she is at fault still for all of the norths problems. I think in somecases she is used as a excuse rather than tackle the reasons.

Winston Churchill wasnt that good a pm (if you put aside ww2) he helped create the situation in israel/palestine, refused women the vote, caused a massacre in turkey and ordered the croke park shootings. Yet he is held as our greatest pm!

Ha ha ! angry bloke. I used to commute to Aylesbury, about 8 miles . I know what you mean though, there are some nice chaps and chapesses about........ ok ya.

I hink you'll find that Churchill is only revered for his war time leadership qualities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Thatchers dead? they kept that quiet Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Ha ha ! angry bloke. I used to commute to Aylesbury, about 8 miles . I know what you mean though, there are some nice chaps and chapesses about........ ok ya.

I hink you'll find that Churchill is only revered for his war time leadership qualities.

i dont mean to keep picking on tring but having visited it once before its hard not too lol your right about Churchill and i wouldnt take that away from him he helped save the country from a terrible evil.

There is one thing i will praise Maggie for and i think a few may agree was her stance on a single currency in Europe as we have seen lately its a disaster
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 5:08 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Woodford Halse was actually a fairly major hub of the Great Central Railway,it was where the Motive Power Depot of the company was situated;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ooops! Sorry! I thought there was another line through there that closed earlier and that was the realistic end of Woodford. (I used to live near there and almost bought a house in the village a few years ago but it was the ass-end of nowhere so we didn't.)

I'll still blame Thatcher for it, though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Divisive in life - devisive in death. I bet she's laughing her arse off. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:46 am

theres a war criminal to die yet remember
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:

there's a war criminal to die yet remember

but even bliar (sic on purpose) has his fans still and if the sun's poll is to be taken seriously lol he is 3rd greatest PM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:51 pm

SILENCE FOR BARONESS THATCHER AND MAUREEN FRENCH

I think this decision by Plymouth Albion is very iffy! if people don't respect it (given they are playing Newcastle today an area hit hard by her policies there is every chance of that) they will be offending an innocent person's memory that the club has put in the firing line so people do respect the Maggie minutes silence.

Cant say i approve of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:18 pm

The BBC has decided not to play "Ding Dong the witch is dead" on the charts on Sunday, even though it is going to be a new entry in the top 5 by the looks of it. Instead they're going to play a 5 second clip of a news bulletin which mentions the song only.

Very contentious decision. Censorship of the highest order. I have no doubt that it was a difficult decision but the BBC is meant to be impartial. They've allowed scores of hours of eulogies to be broadcast but not this widespread public criticism of Thatcher.

There have been countless protest songs in the past that have been played on the radio before and there will be many more in the future.

The most ironic thing about "Ding Dong the witch is dead" being downloaded en masse is that the rights to the song are owned by Rupert Murdoch's Fox lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Greenjock wrote:
The BBC has decided not to play "Ding Dong the witch is dead" on the charts on Sunday, even though it is going to be a new entry in the top 5 by the looks of it. Instead they're going to play a 5 second clip of a news bulletin which mentions the song only.

Very contentious decision. Censorship of the highest order. I have no doubt that it was a difficult decision but the BBC is meant to be impartial. They've allowed scores of hours of eulogies to be broadcast but not this widespread public criticism of Thatcher.

There have been countless protest songs in the past that have been played on the radio before and there will be many more in the future.

The most ironic thing about "Ding Dong the witch is dead" being downloaded en masse is that the rights to the song are owned by Rupert Murdoch's Fox lol!

the murdoch bit is brilliant lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 2:09 pm

There's thousands on the streets of London protesting about cuts and the bedroom tax, I believe some are camped on Iain Duncan-Smith's lawn atm, and partying because of Maggie's death and apparently millwall fans are ready to head for them after their cup semi-final.

feck me that could turn really ugly.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:29 pm

The BBC bottled it, big time!
Ding dong the witch is dead, REJOICE,REJOICE. cheers
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:05 am

Hymns at the funeral include - To Be A Pilgrim - Michael Foot will not be amused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Hymns at the funeral include - To Be A Pilgrim - Michael Foot will not be amused

His "suicide note" and German coat (not to mention the Falklands that tip it over the edge) helped put her back in power that's probably why she chose it...as a thankyou Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:13 am

Ten million pounds for this nonsense!!!!! (Remember "We're all in this together"?).

Any suggestions for where £10 million would be better spent?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:17 am

knecht wrote:
Ten million pounds for this nonsense!!!!! (Remember "We're all in this together"?).

On a decent grandstand?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:58 am

Pokesdown wrote:
knecht wrote:

On a decent grandstand?

That's a bloody good idea! As long as she isn't buried under it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:49 pm

She could be stuffed and mounted on a plinth on top of the stand for all I care as long we got the £10m. I don't think the expenditure is appropriate and I don't think state funerals for ex PMs is either. But, I don't think the singing of that song is either and there should be some consideration for her family and good taste in all of this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 1:08 pm

In all of this I just want to say what a thoroughly decent human being George Galloway is. I'd like him to have a big funeral too.

Preferably next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies   Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thatcher, Thatcher, the Milk Snatcher Dies
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next