Tringreen
Elias
Dane
Noseyparker
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:21 pm

I live in the UK and won't attend another Home match until the current vermin are gone.

Newell Webb Jones Brent forza verde all out.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Noseyparker wrote:
Just getting some self satisfaction by annoying you, that's all. U can't blame me after the way u "greeted" me when I joined this site can u?

You don't annoy me noseybloke, you bore me.
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:23 pm

"Takes a bow" , why thank you sir!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Yea Man wrote:
I live in the UK and won't attend another Home match until the current vermin are gone.

Newell Webb Jones Brent forza verde all out.

Nor me. And next season there'll be a lot more joining us.
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:29 pm

The assets are being stripped as we type!

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:33 pm

Noseyparker wrote:
I'm not pretending to know any more than the next man.
Eh? Really? scratch
Noseyparker wrote:
Going back to day 1 I was launched upon by certain individuals on here for no real justifiable reason.
I'd say that the fact you've no interest in talking about Argyle(contrary to what you stated at the time) and have turned out to be little more than a Tring Basher and Stapleton Apologist, then this would actually make you fair game, in a lot of peoples eyes.
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Noseyparker wrote:
Eh? Really? scratch
Noseyparker wrote:
Going back to day 1 I was launched upon by certain individuals on here for no real justifiable reason.
I'd say that the fact you've no interest in talking about Argyle(contrary to what you stated at the time) and have turned out to be little more than a Tring Basher and Stapleton Apologist, then this would actually make you fair game, in a lot of peoples eyes.

Looks like I'm damned if I do old chap!

Tring greeted me in a very negative way so I make no apologies for getting under his skin.

Judge, jury and executioner. Thank goodness there appear to be some normal people on here, not many but hey ho!

Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Anyway, does anyone actually realise how big the development plans are for The surrounds of HP are?

We get a crap, watered down grandstand as part of the deal!

The locals are going to be up in arms
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Badly worded, finger issues
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Noseyparker wrote:
Anyway, does anyone actually realise how big the development plans are for The surrounds of HP are?

We get a crap, watered down grandstand as part of the deal!

The locals are going to be up in arms

I heard we get a school as part of the plans but Brent also wants to concrete over half the green area to allow for access.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Noseyparker wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Noseyparker wrote:
Eh? Really? scratch
Noseyparker wrote:

Tring greeted me in a very negative way so I make no apologies for getting under his skin.

Judge, jury and executioner. Thank goodness there appear to be some normal people on here, not many but hey ho!

Is this the welcome to which you refer, boringbloke ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:47 pm

That's part one of giving snippets of info to us. 8 restaurants to follow!

It will all be in the public domain v soon due to planning process. My thoughts are that the new development for the club will be a cheap, crap version of what everyone is expecting
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:49 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Noseyparker wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Noseyparker wrote:
Eh? Really? scratch
Noseyparker wrote:

Mr Tring, ur an exceptionally boring fellow who wears clothes fit for your grandchildren

Please go away

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:52 pm

Noseyparker I don't live aboard but I sworn not to set foot in HP until Brent and the chuckle brothers have had their marching orders.

"U" can take that as gospel whoever you are
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:54 pm

I was doing my best to irritate that Cypriot chap whose name escapes me

No need for u to take offence old chap!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Noseyparker wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Noseyparker wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Noseyparker wrote:
Eh? Really? scratch
Noseyparker wrote:

Mr Tring, ur an exceptionally boring fellow who wears clothes fit for your grandchildren

Please go away

Ha ha ! Loser.

Honesty Openness Transparency.......is the message, not the borrowed hoodie. Why am I not surprised you don't get it ? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Noseyparker wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Noseyparker wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Noseyparker wrote:
Eh? Really? scratch
Noseyparker wrote:

Please go away

Ha ha ! Loser.

Honesty Openness Transparency.......is the message, not the borrowed hoodie. Why am I not surprised you don't get it ? Rolling Eyes

Sorry, I don't speak Cypriot so don't understand!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 6:58 pm

None so dense as those who choose to be. (It takes one to know one)
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 7:18 pm

I can take the stick knetch! Keep it coming lol
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I don't know anything about Sturrocks relationship with those players.

I do know Akos was not Ollies favourite player.

I also know that nobody at the Club could not halt the sale of Sylvan, he wanted to go and there was a clause in his contract (a contract he wouldn't sign without the clause being inserted) saying that if we were to be offered £1.5million he had to be released.

I also think that to stand in the way of any player wanting to move to a Premiership club at the age of 17 would have been out of order.

I also know that to refuse a transfer request by a player (Norris) leads to a lose lose situation for all.

There is no loyalty in football. There is no fault in players wanting to move on. Every club is a selling club, every player has a price. Spurs can't hang on to Bale - what chance of Argyle hanging on to Ebanks Blake?

Akos may not have been Holloways favourite player but that didn't stop him from picking him for 8 out of the 12 matches prior to his departure in 2008.

Your comments about Gosling sum up for me why this club has never really taken off and achieved what it is capable of.Six months at Argyle would have done his career no harm at all,especially since he would have been playing more first team football at HP than he did at Everton.Not to mention the wider issue of his presence in the squad being very benefiicial in helping the push for promotion-who knows,it may have been instrumental in getting Argyle up,from where he would have had a premier base anyway.No mention of the aspirations of the fan base,no wonder the wider public in the area is so apathetic about the club.
I'm well aware that there's no loyalty in football.There is such a thing though as showing the necessary ambition and wherwithal to convince players that their personal goals can be reached at HP.I would surmise that Norris and Ebanks Blake would not have been persuaded in any way that their futures lay at HP by the departure of Buzz and Gosling and the certain knowledge that inferior players would be brought in to replace them.Puzzles me who a club like Swansea,starting from a position of far less strength in every way than Argyle,could keep hold of their best players on their rise up through the leagues and add to them at the appropriate time.Why would that be? Something in the water up there or a genuine desire on the part of their upper tier of their management to progress the club? The latter,i would suspect.

Bang on the money as usual Greenskin. By god it's frustrating that so many can't or won't understand the bigger picture.

Don't think we didn't try to keep Gos - we looked after him, his Mum joined my wife and I for dinner on many occassions at team hotels on away trips, Ollie worked hard to keep him. But agents and money and the lure of the Prem were all too much.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:34 pm

Dane. wrote:
knecht wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
knecht wrote:
As for Ebanks-Blake ... signing a reserve player for £2/300,000 and agreeing to a sell-on at £1.5 million seems a good deal to me.

Yes it was,from an accountants view point.Begs the question whether in some minds Argyle were an ambitious football league club or an outlet of Mrs Thatcher's grocery shop.

I agree (though to use St Margaret in your argument is a low dirty blow). But we've been told by Damon - and I think it was common knowledge previously - that SEB wouldn't sign the initial contract unless that clause was in it.

But that doesn't mean the club couldn't have TRIED to renegotiate before that clause was activated. Bottom line is argyle are small time, another example is when they loaned marcel siep to blackpool and he not only played against us but scored as well.

only Argyle

Dane you are right, Argyle is a small club. Our 'natural' home is top half of the 3rd tier. We were punching above our weight in the top half of the Championship - but that's good isn't it?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:42 pm

Really interesting comments here from Damon in particular on what's pretty much THE ultimate debate of the last 10 years of Argyle or even its whole history.

Damon, do you feel the board could possibly have done more to search for investment a long time before January 2008 so that the club weren't in the situation of an noncompetitive market to the likes of Wolves/Ipswich. That seems to me to be really at the root of the problem. All you see about finding it difficult to keep under-motivated players is doubtless spot on, but do you think (and I understand this may be a really direct question but you've been good enough to answer those about the freehold before) that the board could have done more to not be in that situation at all going into the window and to quite possibly still have Holloway as our manager?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 7:32 am

I think Holloway has demonstrated admirably that he is off at the first sign of a bigger salary so there's no way he would've still been manager now.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:10 am

GreenSam wrote:
Really interesting comments here from Damon in particular on what's pretty much THE ultimate debate of the last 10 years of Argyle or even its whole history.

Damon, do you feel the board could possibly have done more to search for investment a long time before January 2008 so that the club weren't in the situation of an noncompetitive market to the likes of Wolves/Ipswich. That seems to me to be really at the root of the problem. All you see about finding it difficult to keep under-motivated players is doubtless spot on, but do you think (and I understand this may be a really direct question but you've been good enough to answer those about the freehold before) that the board could have done more to not be in that situation at all going into the window and to quite possibly still have Holloway as our manager?

Absolutely, Sam. For a city club with no top flight history and resultant fanbase, we will always be outgunned by wealthier clubs and lose our best staff to them. Somehow, the likes of Swansea have managed to survive and prosper when in a similar situation. They have lost people to bigger clubs but have had the set up and skills to replace them.
It was obvious to Holloway and his players that the board couldn't compete financially and the club was going nowhere but down. I'm still convinced that Stapes and co could have brought in investment on the playing side, even if they were too greedy to let go completely, or ideally by promoting the club's potential and selling up at a 'run by fans, for fans' price.
For Damon to claim we are at best a top half 3rd tier club, totally ignores what other clubs with similar or less attendance potential have achieved with some cash backed ambition.For a start,historically, Argyle have spent as much time in the second tier as they have in the bottom two. It is only the failure to ever reach the top flight that has stopped us from mirroring many clubs with now solid 20k fanbases.

Last edited by Tringreen on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:13 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Dane. wrote:
knecht wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
knecht wrote:
As for Ebanks-Blake ... signing a reserve player for £2/300,000 and agreeing to a sell-on at £1.5 million seems a good deal to me.

Yes it was,from an accountants view point.Begs the question whether in some minds Argyle were an ambitious football league club or an outlet of Mrs Thatcher's grocery shop.

I agree (though to use St Margaret in your argument is a low dirty blow). But we've been told by Damon - and I think it was common knowledge previously - that SEB wouldn't sign the initial contract unless that clause was in it.

But that doesn't mean the club couldn't have TRIED to renegotiate before that clause was activated. Bottom line is argyle are small time, another example is when they loaned marcel siep to blackpool and he not only played against us but scored as well.

only Argyle

Dane you are right, Argyle is a small club. Our 'natural' home is top half of the 3rd tier. We were punching above our weight in the top half of the Championship - but that's good isn't it?

Jeez,no wonder we've never got anywhere.Punching above our weight? We had gates of 16400 in our first season back in the CCC,which was bigger than Bristol City,Cardiff,Swansea etc in their respective first seasons back in the second tier.Why did they progress and we didn't then Damon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keith Todd v Paul S
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next