Earwegoagain
Grovehill
Mock Cuncher
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

The Case for Keith Hill Empty
PostSubject: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:10 pm

Has twice been promoted out of League Two.

Has achieved that with bloody Rochdale.

Played for the club. No nonsense type, from memory.

Reputation for good, attacking football with Dale.

Would have a list of his own, recent contacts who might countenance playing in League Two.

Anyone got a better CV we might realistically attract?

I know "sacked by Rochdale" isn't exactly a great last thing to be known for, but in the grand scheme of lower league football, it's by the by, shorely?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:15 pm

Everyone needs to get rid of the idea that just because someone played for the Club it means they'll do well managing the club. A manager should only be appointed because he's good, not because he played for the Club
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptySun May 05, 2019 4:00 pm

Relation to you Grovers?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptySun May 05, 2019 4:01 pm

Agree though, just an added bonus to top his success at Rochers, that he actually, ya know, knows where Plimuff is.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptySun May 05, 2019 4:03 pm

I'm expecting someone much, much more underwhelming than Kieth Hill.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptySun May 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Dya reckon we could persuade him ter go full mutton chops with his sidies, lovely flatcap/facial hair combo?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptySun May 05, 2019 4:16 pm

He'd do for me.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptySun May 05, 2019 4:23 pm

Probably be Hockaday Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptySun May 05, 2019 4:26 pm

He's a very nice guy who is very helpful and friendly if you ask him for directions to the nearest train station or if you're struggling to work out how it works in Subway. He's also got a reputation as a joker who used ter put fairy liquid into the sundial in tain, creating bubbles for the children to play with. He'd do fer me too.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptySun May 05, 2019 4:27 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

In a funny sort of way I am expecting that also.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptySun May 05, 2019 8:06 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

In a funny sort of way I am expecting that also.

Colin Lee cometh. lol!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptySun May 05, 2019 8:25 pm

If the Club is ambitious-which in reality means the Chairman is willing to pay decent salary to manager & players-we could be quite a lure for most managers-"big" club for league, half tidy stadium and most importantly, well supported. Think Rowett, Parkinson Tisdale Cockerill Holloway,Hurst, McDermott,Warburton.

If the Chairman isn't going to spend money, then "Come on Down" Darren Way, Lee Hodges, Martyn Rogers.

But remember, when he was appointed Dave Smith was one of the most uninspiring appointments ever.

As an outside bet, I'd still say Terry Butcher
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptySun May 05, 2019 8:37 pm

Grovehill wrote:
If the Club is ambitious-which in reality means the Chairman is willing to pay decent salary to manager & players-we could be quite a lure for most managers-"big" club for league, half tidy stadium and most importantly, well supported. Think Rowett, Parkinson Tisdale Cockerill Holloway,Hurst, McDermott,Warburton.

If the Chairman isn't going to spend money, then "Come on Down" Darren Way, Lee Hodges, Martyn Rogers.

But remember, when he was appointed Dave Smith was one of the most uninspiring appointments ever.

As an outside bet, I'd still say Terry Butcher

Just had a look at his record on wiki, 11 clubs he has managed so far.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptySun May 05, 2019 8:37 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Agree though, just an added bonus to top his success at Rochers, that he actually, ya know, knows where Plimuff is.

That's why he is unlikely to come here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptyMon May 06, 2019 6:06 am

Rowett is becoming a good shout for me.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptyMon May 06, 2019 7:43 am

I've never once been trying ter order on the Wetherspoons app, struggling ter click through an get me food order in (usually nachos fyi, as how far wrong can they go with some crisps, cheese an salsa), and not once have I ever been helped by Gary Rowett. Just saying. There's something wrong/off about him in my eyes, something on a personal level. He never gives me advice on cinema listings or anything. He knows I cant be arsed with the Avengers shit but doesnt ever offer a single alternative. feckin prick
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptyMon May 06, 2019 11:31 am

Rowett? Jesus you must have started drinking early!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptyMon May 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Bradford, Swindon, Oldham & Argyle are the Big 4 in the Division. Argyle (if they show ambition) will be a big draw for any manager wanting to build or rebuild his reputation.

No one has mentioned the possibility of a player-manager yet. Adams and Fletcher just freed by Stoke-pity about the names though.!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill EmptyMon May 06, 2019 12:58 pm

Holloway or Gazza Johnson, for me but i fear it will be somebody who's good in the community.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Case for Keith Hill   The Case for Keith Hill Empty

Back to top Go down

The Case for Keith Hill
Page 1 of 1