Noseyparker
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:02 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
If there's one thing Nosey should be listened to about, it's Akos.

It's fair enough to revisit the roots of our decline with the benefit of hindsight. It will still come down to opinions in a lot of cases though. If Stapes was sidelined, then my criticism of him would be in not fighting his (and the clubs) corner harder. Maybe he just wasn't a skilled enough operator in the black arts of the manipulation of social forums, or just too naive...I'm sure PlymptonPilgrim may have a view on that.

Well, it's all water under the bridge now, but basically Stapes was 'starry eyed' when it came to more experienced, and wealthier businessmen when they showed an interest in the club and was just happy to be hanging around when the new regime took over. Surroy and Todd were always here for the World Cup bid, why else would they be attracted to a under-achieving provincial football club?

He was an Argyle fan, no question about that, but really didn't have the wherewithall to lead the club forward, He couldn't handle Holloway, who knew exactly what he wanted to take the club to the next level, and I still believe to this day that had we backed Holloway and brought in the players he wanted, and held on to some of the players who left, we would have ended up in the Premier League, if only for a season.

Basically Stapleton changed from being just a fan who was Chairman, to being Chairman who was convinced that he was sitting on a fortune. Other people, I think, convinced him and he was happy to be led down that path, encouraged at every turn, by the Duchess of Derriford.

He wasn't a 'baddie' as such, he was easily led, but I can never forgive him for passing up the best chance we have ever had, or are likely to have in the foreseeable future, to get the club into the Premier League - a chance that was passed up purely for self interest, along with those on the board at that time.

As for Akos, he didn't want to leave, and Holloway didn't want him to go - but football is a business and it was a business decision.

There has been a lot of nonsense talked about why Holloway left, and the truth is there were faults on both sides, but the underlying reason was that Stapleton lied to Holloway about investment into the club. Ollie was well aware of the interest at that time and pressed Stapleton time and time again about talking to the consortium. Stapleton always made excuses, but finally agreed that the board would enter negotiations. Of course, they did no such thing, and when Ollie found that out from the press, the final straw had been broken, and it was only a matter of time before he left.

The original poster probably won't believe any of this but that's what happened - and I was close to the situation at that time.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:10 pm

" There has been a lot of nonsense talked about why Holloway left, and the truth is there were faults on both sides, but the underlying reason was that Stapleton lied to Holloway about investment into the club. Ollie was well aware of the interest at that time and pressed Stapleton time and time again about talking to the consortium. Stapleton always made excuses, but finally agreed that the board would enter negotiations. Of course, they did no such thing, and when Ollie found that out from the press, the final straw had been broken, and it was only a matter of time before he left."

That's what I and others were told via Pasoti PM, by PJ at the time. He wasn't very popular with the Pasoti Politburo back then.
What a shower of two faced, self promoting weasels now have their noses in the HP trough these days.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Two main points from this thread then,

'Noseys' Stapleton charm offensive hasn't worked at all.
'Nosey' doesn't like Tring very much.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:29 pm

The problem is that the list of Weasels entwined in the tentacles of the self promoters keeps growing
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

lol!

Funny that innit ? Rolling Eyes

I see that Jabba's most perceptive comments on the farm yesterday have been totally ignored.
The dimwitted sheep have no idea what he's talking about and the Politburo and their attack poodles, have no answer.
How could they, he's absolutely correct? Integrity is a dirty word at HP these days.

Jabba the gut ecfc
Post subject: Re: John Petrie stands down from Trust boardPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:54 pm

From what I've seen and read of his approach to the difficulties at PAFC and his apparent understanding of what supporter representation is all about, he will be a sad loss to all Argyle Fans - even if some don't realise it yet.

He struck me as a man of integrity, who gave no hint that he was in it for anything other than genuine reasons - unlike the uncomfortable hint of self-aggrandisement and hubris from elsewhere. I know that his style was admired by other Grecians who believe in true supporter representation and scrutiny, not a bastardised version where the ones who are supposed to be scrutinised appear to be controlling the process.

Good luck Mr. Petrie.

Last edited by Tringreen on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:35 pm

But he may know what he's saying about Akos.

How do those of us on the outside really know what the inner sanctum get up to?! The are lies, damn lies and internet facts.

The only thing I'd add is that, of course, if it's in the press it must be accurate. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:44 pm

knecht wrote:

How do those of us on the outside really know what the inner sanctum get up to?! The are lies, damn lies and internet facts.

The only thing I'd add is that, of course, if it's in the press it must be accurate. Razz

Why should Nosey know more than some of us about the Akos situation?

Are you suggesting Nosey is or was part of the 'inner sanctum'?

I've met both Akos and Holloway on several occasions - why should I not believe what they told me and what is directly quoted (not made up) in a national newspaper?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Nosey's relationship with Akos is held within the confidence of the modroom. Contrary to the view of some of this site's denigrators we do operate with a degree of common courtesy to repect information we are told in confidence. That said if we discover any matter of concern for supporters generally our instinct is to get it out there.

We made a collective mistake yesterday over Tony Hooper, so I suspect in future we'll need to be 100% confident of any information we put into the public domain. We need to be constantly aware of agendas in play when snippets are leaked to us, there's some strange people out there.

Hopefully the above will inspire lots of you to stand in the upcoming mod elections next month Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:18 pm

You lot aren't getting away with it that easily Charlie.

Maximun sentence is three years but that can be extended for bad behaviour Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Tringreen wrote:
You lot aren't getting away with it that easily Charlie.

Maximun sentence is three years but that can be extended for bad behaviour Laughing

You're still stuck with me until the July election aswell affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Nosey's relationship with Akos is held within the confidence of the modroom. Contrary to the view of some of this site's denigrators we do operate with a degree of common courtesy to repect information we are told in confidence. That said if we discover any matter of concern for supporters generally our instinct is to get it out there.

We made a collective mistake yesterday over Tony Hooper, so I suspect in future we'll need to be 100% confident of any information we put into the public domain. We need to be constantly aware of agendas in play when snippets are leaked to us, there's some strange people out there.

Hopefully the above will inspire lots of you to stand in the upcoming mod elections next month Very Happy

Why on earth would somebody come on to this website and volunteer 'confidential information' to the moderators only, whilst trumpeting to the membership what a perfect fellow the hard done by Stapleton was and what a corrupt tool Jones is and how Todd caused all the shit at the club? And then when challenged with some facts offer only a complete cop-out with 'the truth will out one-day' mantra. Utterly bizzare and it stinks.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:37 pm

You may remember Mike, when NP first arrived on this site he received a lot of accusations as to his identity. His posting style caught our attention and we, for once, conducted our research with enough success to be 99.9% sure of his identity. As the attacks on him continued he contacted the mods to verify his bona fides and as it confirmed what we'd already concluded, we were happy to accept what he told us about personal relationships which were in no way contentious.

Anything further, you need to address to Nosey and it will be up to him what he wishes to tell you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
You may remember Mike, when NP first arrived on this site he received a lot of accusations as to his identity. His posting style caught our attention and we, for once, conducted our research with enough success to be 99.9% sure of his identity. As the attacks on him continued he contacted the mods to verify his bona fides and as it confirmed what we'd already concluded, we were happy to accept what he told us about personal relationships which were in no way contentious.

Anything further, you need to address to Nosey and it will be up to him what he wishes to tell you.

Nah it's OK thanks - I studied a module of Emerging Post Revisionist Synthesis at university - that was dull too.
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:18 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Noseyparker wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Noseyparker wrote:
Akos isn't a loner, however he is his own man. He makes decisions, sometimes the wrong ones (not signing for a year at QPR for example). A lot of this thought process is based on his family lifestyle in Hungary and he takes a lot of advice from his dad (understandably). Akos didn't hero-worship Holloway overtly so i would guess thats why he didnt like him! Holloway likes to be heroworshipped, you should know that by now ha

I am afraid that I cannot answer any of your questions however, standing by your decisions is an important part of management. You seem to be a very knowledgeable chap but to be fair to PS, you have the benefit of hindsight, where as PS didnt

By the way, when it came to the world cup bid (bound to come up sooner or later), the committee was headed up by Mr Todd and Doug Fletchet. The WC bid was introduced by Todd/Gardener after PS has given up control of the club.

Sadly, there are a lot of people out there who blatantly make things up and over time it becomes the truth. PS did a lot of good for the club and the city at the time (as did the other PS in his first tenure) and dont forget he also had a full time job at his accountancy business. There is mountains that the fans dont know that would blow the lid on all of Todd/Gardener/Jones/Gill etc but in all honestly what is the point? Some fans are judge, jury and executioner. Right, off to work!

Nosey, if this is the case then why start the thread in the first place?

Mr Mouldyoldgoat, I do not think that questions needs answering. Why does anyone start a thread on here?

The truth will out.

Don't start calling me names Nosey! Very Happy

Just being a respectful chappie! Its all in the upbringing, dont you know!
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

lol!

Point 1 - haha
Point 2 - spot on! I dont know why, my assumption is that he was hit as a child. Perhaps the explains the wearing of a younger relatives clothes in his profile pic
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Mike Searle wrote:
knecht wrote:

Why should Nosey know more than some of us about the Akos situation?

Are you suggesting Nosey is or was part of the 'inner sanctum'?

I've met both Akos and Holloway on several occasions - why should I not believe what they told me and what is directly quoted (not made up) in a national newspaper?

I seem to be upsetting you with my presence Mr Searle, many apologies if that is the case.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:25 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Mike Searle wrote:
Nosey - you might fair better over on the farm with your pro Stapleton revisionist propaganda. The guy fecked it up big time in search of personal aggrandisement.

Those are the facts and no amount of time out of the spotlight will alter them.

Is nosey off to his new offices ? Wink

Yes.Company called Nosey Parkhurst Hill apparently.
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Mike Searle wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Why on earth would somebody come on to this website and volunteer 'confidential information' to the moderators only, whilst trumpeting to the membership what a perfect fellow the hard done by Stapleton was and what a corrupt tool Jones is and how Todd caused all the shit at the club? And then when challenged with some facts offer only a complete cop-out with 'the truth will out one-day' mantra. Utterly bizzare and it stinks.

Its not my fault you are gullible enough to believe lies and conjecture! (the press). Nothing stinks as far as im aware. Surely a forum is here to debate generally have a bit of banter?

Dont take things too seriously Mr Searle. There are FAR more important things out there then PAFC!
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Mike Searle wrote:
Nosey - you might fair better over on the farm with your pro Stapleton revisionist propaganda. The guy fecked it up big time in search of personal aggrandisement.

Those are the facts and no amount of time out of the spotlight will alter them.

Is nosey off to his new offices ? Wink

Yes.Company called Nosey Parkhurst Hill apparently.

hahaha, I just laughed out loud at that one. Keep guessing !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:03 pm

Noseyparker wrote:
Mike Searle wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Its not my fault you are gullible enough to believe lies and conjecture! (the press). Nothing stinks as far as im aware. Surely a forum is here to debate generally have a bit of banter?

Dont take things too seriously Mr Searle. There are FAR more important things out there then PAFC!

Why would Holloway, Akos and a Daily Mail journalist all lie? There is no conjecture there are attributed direct quotes from the player himself.

For me the stench comes from someone trying to reinvent Stapleton's role in the demise of the club. The man who pursuaded the council to sell him the freehold and then had it 'revalued' within 12 months to something approaching 5 times what was paid for it - with zero development work done. Who then sold all the top players in the squad just when the club was laying 4th in Championship at a critical point in the season. All to bloat the balance sheet so he could sell his shares at an artificial price to some gormless Japanese speculators. And then when the shit hits the fan pursuades the Youth Development Trust of which he was a Trustee to lend his company all its liquid assets when, as an accountant, he knew that his company was insolvant.

Yeah - the truth will certainly out one day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:12 pm

If the daily mail, Holloway and Akos are all lying then why weren't comments made at the time by Stapleton or action taken against them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Daily Mail never lies

LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Yea Man wrote:
If the daily mail, Holloway and Akos are all lying then why weren't comments made at the time by Stapleton or action taken against them?

Oh Stapleton did come out at the time with some guff in the press about how all the player sales were Holloway's decisions. Holloway was so incensed he actually threatened legal action against Stapleton - but it was about as meaningful a threat as Webb, Newell and Snooper threatening ATD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:36 pm

I liked Holloway and would take him back in a heartbeat.

He got pissed off because Stapleton was going to be selling the best team in years, can't blame him for moving on.

Plus Stapleton had a shit hairstyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:37 pm

Yea Man wrote:
I liked Holloway and would take him back in a heartbeat.

He got pissed off because Stapleton was going to be selling the best team in years, can't blame him for moving on.

Plus Stapleton had a shit hairstyle.

And wooden teeth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keith Todd v Paul S   Keith Todd v Paul S - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keith Todd v Paul S
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next