PlymptonPilgrim
seadog
tcm
Tringreen
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Politics are ruining our club. Empty
PostSubject: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:04 am

I was wondering about this last night, what is so different about our club these days? If you ignore the pasoti ATD bitch fest it all comes down to politics. As soon as the trust was announced we had a power struggle develop amongst the more power crazy of our fan base. Then the power mongers at the club then decided that the trust wasn't controllable enough so started the pasb which then started a four way power struggle not only internally inside the trust and the pasb but between the two bodies as well. We have seen dirty tricks at all levels, that even in local council politics would see the old bill knocking on a few doors, and why? To be seen as a big wheel in some bullshit contrived mechanism so that the owner can look like he is trying to engage the fans in the running of our Brent's club. Politics is dividing the fan base, it is un necessary, it is damaging and I wish all the power hungry little hitlers would all feck off and let us return to being a football club again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:15 am

Just imagine the bitching levels that we could reach if PAFC was a Premiership club......It would make Arsenal's little annual meeting look like a lovers tiff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:05 am

I agree with the OP. I would also add that ATD can be just as bad as it goes way OTT on its hate campaigns sometimes. I just want a club to support. No hate fests, no superfans.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:44 am

We need a fit and proper owner who doesn't hand out silly hats n titles for services rendered.
Brent has a lot to answer for imo.
It's all so bloody obvious and village. The local dough boys are like kids let loose in the sweet shop that is Home Park these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:54 am

I pretty much agree with the OP, but I wouldn't call it 'politics'.

Politics is meant to be about ideas and discussions and debates, and there's precious little of that going on (except on here, sometimes, innit). This is just about a tiny group of otherwise insignificant people using any means at their disposal, fair or foul (and it's mostly foul) to trample down and climb over those who stand between them and their ends - whatever those ends are. And I wonder if even they know the answer to that bit.

#educatedwankersunite
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:07 pm

ooooo theres a conspiracy going on Sleep you lot seem to have forgot how to be football fans,,,take up knitting maybe?,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:08 pm

Hear hear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:09 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Just imagine the bitching levels that we could reach if PAFC was a Premiership club......It would make Arsenal's little annual meeting look like a lovers tiff.

Now, that would be a goodnight's entertainment. I would gladly sit down with a crate of Stella and some Pringles and trawl through the millions of pages of mud-slingning.

At least I wouldn't have to watch freaking Wank- Factor! pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:10 pm

tcm wrote:
ooooo theres a conspiracy going on Sleep you lot seem to have forgot how to be football fans,,,take up knitting maybe?,,,,,,
You still living in a hedge, eating roadkill albino
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:13 pm

tcm wrote:

That's my whole point though Mike, we have forgotten how to be football fans, tinternet is great but we become aware of all the political machinations that before we're carried out behind closed doors, I wish they would again.
Don't you get bored by all the trust bollocks going on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Peggy wrote:

Politics is meant to be about ideas and discussions and debates, and there's precious little of that going on (except on here, sometimes, innit). This is just about a tiny group of otherwise insignificant people using any means at their disposal, fair or foul (and it's mostly foul) to trample down and climb over those who stand between them and their ends - whatever those ends are. And I wonder if even they know the answer to that bit.

#educatedwankersunite

That's how I see it.

It was always inevitable that there would be a power struggle but I never expected those involved to be so personal and bitter about it. It's never been about the club, it's about personal gain, ego and settling scores with adversaries. What's sad is that the club is being severely damaged by it but "they" totally underestimated the resolve of genuine Argyle fans to fight them every inch of the way!

If you were a land developer and wanted to silence the views of those that may object then I can't think of a better way of doing it then by splitting up that voice!
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:19 pm

i havnt forgot iggy,,i know exactly how to be a football fan,,ive perfected it over the last 37 years,,, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
tcm wrote:
road kill yes ,hedge no,,,,iam doing a 10% discount on life coaching for atd at the mo,,,i think i can help you?,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Peggy wrote:

#educatedwankersunite

Sounds like our government......so it is political then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:27 pm

I didn't need any reminders about how to be a football fan ... until the first week of August 2012.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:29 pm

tcm wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
tcm wrote:
road kill yes ,hedge no,,,,iam doing a 10% discount on life coaching for atd at the mo,,,i think i can help you?,,,
Really mate in what way, i'am pretty near perfect Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Schlumberger wrote:
ZYPH wrote:

Now, that would be a goodnight's entertainment. I would gladly sit down with a crate of Stella and some Pringles and trawl through the millions of pages of mud-slingning.

At least I wouldn't have to watch freaking Wank- Factor! pirat

You could always turn over and watch....strictly come prancing.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:32 pm

Peggy wrote:

#educatedwankersunite

Agreed, I don't think the superfan group have the intelligence to play politics, except in an Orwellian sort of way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:38 pm

From the OED. I love the bit in bold, tis politics innit?
Definition of politics
plural noun
1 [usually treated as singular] the activities associated with the governance of a country or area, especially the debate between parties having power:
the party quickly gained influence in French politics
thereafter he dropped out of active politics
the activities of governments concerning the political relations between states:
in the conduct of global politics, economic status must be backed by military capacity
the academic study of government and the state:
[as modifier]:
a politics lecturer
a particular set of political beliefs or principles:
people do not buy their paper purely for its politics
(often the politics of) the principles relating to or inherent in a sphere or activity, especially when concerned with power and status:
the politics of gender
2activities aimed at improving someone’s status or increasing power within an organization:
yet another discussion of office politics and personalities
Phrases

play politics

act for political or personal gain rather than from principle:

he railed against them for playing politics with the police department
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Fair enough, Iggy. I didn't mean to get into semantics - it just doesn't sit right with me to call a campaign of bullying, threats, intimidation and other underhand activities anything other than that.

flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Thats one of the downsides of the internet now we pretty much know everything that go's on ,when i was a kid i could not care less who was the chairmen of the club, all i was interrested in was the team and if we would ever get out the old third division, now its all money superfans supporters boards if i was a kid today i don't think i would bother with football, just stick to glue sniffing cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:05 pm

It will all end in tears as soon as webb/newell push their luck one too many times with Brent or viceversa.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Thats one of the downsides of the internet now we pretty much know everything that go's on ,when i was a kid i could not care less who was the chairmen of the club, all i was interrested in was the team and if we would ever get out the old third division,

The somewhat "good old days". Checking ceefax to see how we had got on. Reading the newspapers for all the latest updates. Just going to a game to watch the mighty Greens.

Nowadays, it's all Premier League and money.

I was in a local pub on Wednesday night to watch Arsenal v Schalke. The German guys could not believe that I don't have a Premier League favourite. They also couldn't understand that I couldn't care less who won and just wanted to watch football.

After Schalke's first goal went in, the landlord bought me a drink as he thought that I would be upset. After their second goal, another beer (with some crocodile tear like actions on my part).

At the end of the match, I was distraught. Why didn't Schalke score ten!

Sometimes I feel like binning ATD and PASOTI and just look for results like in the old days. All that really matters is what happens on the pitch.

The actions of those seeking power are laughable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:49 am

Sigh.

From Pl2faced on pasoti.

Congratulations to Jon and John but I won't have Symons representing me so therefore I wish to have my Trust membership cancelled and I will confirm this by email.

Apparently Nool has said something similar on tw@ter, party lines has been drawn with in the political party known as pasoti. They are making a real effort to de-stabalise the trust, have been for a long long time, do they have the backing of Brent to do this? Probably as he is keen on his own version.

ZeeZan is a booty ain't she? The subject is Andy Symons;

personally he used to be a good friend, someone I would have a pint with, even pop over for a cuppa tea. But we have grown apart, he seems anti everything these days.. he used to attend fan fests. Gts away trips, the brit etc and he has detached himself, I don't understand why, he just comes accross negative a lot online, but when I have seen him in person barely says a word. It's just a bit odd how his character changed from one extreme to the other in my opinion.

Doesn't attend fans festers! lol!

To be fair to the proles they are mainly saying how pathetic it all is and condemning it. cheers

Just noticed the thread has been started by Green Multi Monk, to load the gun for two faced to fire.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:54 pm

The 'political' side of things began way back when the Pasoti control group decided that they were enjoying the ride under Stapes and began the attempted silencing of dissenting/warning voices. Even then, they were trying to curry favour with any fine gentleman in a suit at Home Park.
This continued through Todd and Ridsdale as they jockeyed for position as super loyal fans.
When Brent tipped them off that positions at the club were on the agenda for helping him secure the land at a knock down price, the dream was complete. Now they'll do anything and everything to keep their snouts in the trough.
The rubbishing of the Trust, the demonising of outspoken ATD members, the removal of Peggy from the programme, the endless scheming and lies from Deepthroaters and Windsor Boys,the threats and investigations etc etc all emanate from one small cabal of self promoting dimwits, who justify their positions through their supposed superfan activities.

They are fast getting the club that reflects their levels of intelligence and sophistication. In short, village. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Politics are ruining our club.   Politics are ruining our club. Empty

Back to top Go down

Politics are ruining our club.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next