Elias
Freathy
VillageGreen
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 3:05 pm

My turn to get in first for the now customary thread !
Back to top Go down

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Just merge them all...the largest but most valid and true thread on this forum
Back to top Go down

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:19 pm

May have been a bit premature ha ha. Embarassed

I'm sure we will revisit this subject sooner or later.

edited to add :- Until then, well done to the lads for an away win cheers

Last edited by Ffarquhar on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Ffarquhar wrote:
May have been a bit premature ha ha. Embarassed

I'm sure we will revisit this subject sooner or later.

Aye after the Southend game
Back to top Go down

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:23 pm

Bloody football.

On 51 minutes we were 1 nil up, you were 1 nil down. you then went 2 nil down and I thought how times change.

Come the final whistle we have lost 2 - 1 and you buggers have fecking won 2-3.

I love football and I fecking hate football. Burton equalise in the 90th minute away at Torquay and I like football again.

Well done for your win today
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:48 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Bloody football.

On 51 minutes we were 1 nil up, you were 1 nil down. you then went 2 nil down and I thought how times change.

Come the final whistle we have lost 2 - 1 and you buggers have fecking won 2-3.

I love football and I fecking hate football. Burton equalise in the 90th minute away at Torquay and I like football again.

Well done for your win today

Thanx,i was shocked when i heard the final score at Morecambe too.

See your lot are still among the early pace setters at the top end though,despite defeat !!.
Back to top Go down

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Football, like many activities, is all about feel and momentum. Good days and bad days are largely irrelevant.
I'm not sure how Eeter are faring ... don't really follow them due to that rather irritating manager of theirs. Apparently they're struggling because they are owned by a Trust. It doesn't seem like they are struggling to me... just maybe that irritating manager of theirs knows a bit about building a group.
Torquay seem to have gotten over at least some of their own mini fire sale and also are performing well.
Argyle seem to be struggling, lurching from one 30 minutes to another. I can't recognise any club ethic or style that says anything will change from bumping along in the basement. Morecambe have fared better up to now, and they get home gates of 1800 ! Something is amiss.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 7:36 pm

Yep! something is indeed very rotten at PAFC. There's no way we should be anywhere near as shit as we are in this shithole divison with our gates. Time to stop licking brents arse and start asking some VERY difficult questions of the non-investing specky banker.
Back to top Go down

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Are the likes of Fletcher and LarryO, due to the administration agreements, still on big money, even as 'management', and thus squeezing what is available for players. It doesn't take much to skew the wage budget in this division.
I seem to remember one of the tennets of Luggy 1's regime in this league was he wanted most playing staff to be paid roughly the same .... I wonder whether the transition from bankrupt CCC club to competitive L2 club has resulted in some of the old guard, playing or backroom, swallowing up most of the bunce.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:20 pm

The win will take the pressure off & will buy fletcher a few more months.

Back to top Go down

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Extremely fine lines. Jake Cole pulled off a couple of saves at 2-0 and if one of them had gone in there is no way we would have got back into the game.

If we had lost 3-0 the calls for Fletcher's head would have increased, therefore you have to give him credit for the turnaround and of course it means 4 points from our last 2 games and that's good enough.

I would say that we would need to lose 3 in a row now, or maybe only pick up one point out of 3 games and the pressure will start to mount again.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:01 pm

We're a fourth division club. That's pathetic for a city of our size. Being anything other than promotion contenders is unacceptable, and under Fletcher, unless Brent opens his wallet, that ain't happening any time soon.

It's just a wasted season.
Back to top Go down

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:12 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
The win will take the pressure off & will buy fletcher a few more months.

its given him breathing space but ultimately this win isnt going to do much for public opinion if he doesnt build on it and puts a good run together.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:19 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Extremely fine lines. Jake Cole pulled off a couple of saves at 2-0 and if one of them had gone in there is no way we would have got back into the game.

If we had lost 3-0 the calls for Fletcher's head would have increased, therefore you have to give him credit for the turnaround and of course it means 4 points from our last 2 games and that's good enough.

I would say that we would need to lose 3 in a row now, or maybe only pick up one point out of 3 games and the pressure will start to mount again.
We missed a few chances while we were losing though, more than they did. Not saying anything for the bigger picture, but today was bloody good.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Find lines indeed. If we had lost it would have been fair enough. A draw would have also been a fair result. On the other hand I don't think Morecombe can't say that we didn't deserve to win (although the ones I was sat with did say that but you know what I mean).

Always watching a game with the home fans but our problems still easy to see. Still lightweight up front against a none to bright Morecombe centre backs. And defence looks strangely shaky mainly due to our none to bright on occassions centre backs. Having the midfield sorted out was the key today but even Fletcher football brain still seems to skip a beat and miss a trick by starting with Gullieri (must be doing something in training I guess). Jenkins just showed up how rubbish the rest of them are. On today's showing he would also be a natural captain if he was ours. Always talking always pointing always pushing the team forward (and it's amazing how much difference looking for a forward pass not hoof makes - go figure).

Joy unbridled when the 3rd went in. Now take the momentum and happiness, for it was like a cloud lifted, into the next game.
Back to top Go down

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:20 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

We missed a few chances while we were losing though, more than they did. Not saying anything for the bigger picture, but today was bloody good.

I know Sam, but we were 2-0 down and if they had gone three up I don't think we would've fought back. That's what I mean about fine lines.

A long long time ago a certain Alex Ferguson was one game away from the sack as United fans were still searching for stability and a first title in god knows how many years. They won that game and the rest is history.

Now Fletchers changes won us the game, but it was oh so close to being another defeat. Like I said earlier hopefully this can kick start our season. Too often last season we took two steps forward and one step back, but it was enough to keep us up. We now need a string of good results to get us climbing the league.

That will give the team confidence and the fans will follow. 2 or 3 more wins and it will be 8000 home gates and promotion will be looking possible. 2 or 3 defeats now and we'll be in a relegation scrap in front of 5000.

To be honest I think we'll probably win one, lose one and draw one and be hovering just below mid table. I hope I'm wrong and it's three wins with Jenkins signed for a bit longer and Griffiths fit and scoring, but someone needs to tell Fletchers that Gurrieri is a waste of time and budget.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:34 pm

Entirely understand your point but that goes both ways, if we'd have scored just before half-time against Port Vale last week when the ref didn't let us take a free kick, that would have been 2-0. Harder for them to come back. I know it's a cliche, but in the past 8 days I think things have evened themselves out a bit.

As for Gurreri, his best position is in the stands. Cowan Hall and Lennox aren't particularly good players but they're better than Gurreri.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:40 am

Unfortunately, carl the clueless will be safe in his position for the forseeable future. A relegation scrap IS on the cards, make no mistake about that. The non-investing specky banker will only act when it's far too late, if at all.
Back to top Go down

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 10:47 am

Freathy wrote:
Unfortunately, carl the clueless will be safe in his position for the forseeable future. A relegation scrap IS on the cards, make no mistake about that. The non-investing specky banker will only act when it's far too late, if at all.

Play-offs here we come!

alien
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 1:08 pm

Don't think anyone can predict we will be in the relegation zone at rhe end of the season right now. Clearly Fletcher is trying a different style of playing in terms of the passing game, so we may improve and move up the league a bit. However any improvement does not change the fact that Brent employed Fletcher on a permanent basis without any consultation or thought of anything but it was a quick easy fix. WE STILL NEED AN EXPERIENCED MANAGER!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 1:25 pm

Freathy wrote:
Yep! something is indeed very rotten at PAFC. There's no way we should be anywhere near as shit as we are in this shithole divison with our gates. Time to stop licking brents arse and start asking some VERY difficult questions of the non-investing specky banker.

That's the really sad part Freathy, he doesn't need to invest his own money, just spend the 55% of what the fans hand over to watch this dross.

Can anyone tell me where all the money's going?
Back to top Go down

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Had to bring old faithful back,hopefully when fletch leads us into the western league brent might act! no i dont think so either.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:25 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Don't think anyone can predict we will be in the relegation zone at rhe end of the season right now. Clearly Fletcher is trying a different style of playing in terms of the passing game, so we may improve and move up the league a bit. However any improvement does not change the fact that Brent employed Fletcher on a permanent basis without any consultation or thought of anything but it was a quick easy fix. WE STILL NEED AN EXPERIENCED MANAGER!

Peter Ried
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:38 pm

I've never got the call for experienced managers. Hear me out cause I think you'll come around to this point of view the more you hear it.

All great managers have to start somewhere right? Sir Alex, Wenger, Jose. In this league Eddie Howe, Mark Robins.

I know the predictable response will be that Fletcher is not as good as those managers and you're right, but that's just because he is, well, not as good. Not cause he's inexperienced per say. If clubs only appointed managers with experience, no-one would be in work before too long.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:01 am

I don't want Argyle to be atraining ground for 'inexperienced' rookies, especially when they're as shite as carl the clueless. Get rid of this buffoon NOW and get a manager in who can at least get us challenging in this SHITEST of divisions!!!!

FLETCHER OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fletcher Out ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Out !   Fletcher Out ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Fletcher Out !
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next