Czarcasm
mouldyoldgoat
GreenWhiteBlack
Freathy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:36 pm

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE 1 PORT VALE 3
MILLIONAIRE OWNER 1 CLUB IN ADMINISTRATION 3
SUFFICIENT BUDGET FOR LEAGUE 2 1 CLUB WHO WERE TURNED DOWN FOR £200 TOWELLS 3
INEXPERIENCED MANAGER 1 EXPERIENCED MANAGER 3
AN EXCELLENT MANAGER OF THE FUTURE 1 MICKY ADAMS, A PROVEN MANAGER 3

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Peter's comments at the Trust meeting today confirmed to me that he's gone completely native. When asked how the club was going to market itself to get back the thousands that no longer go, his reply was the merest waffle along the lines of 'improving the matchday experience', which he then went on to say was being done by supplying draught Tribute in the Devonport, a family area that's the best in the football league, etc, etc.

At no point did either he or JB say 'If we've got a successful team, the punters will return'. It's as if the 20,000 that rocked up for the QPR game in the L1 championship season all turned up because they knew they'd get a decent pint and the facepainting was really imaginitive, rather than being there because we were a good team winning things!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Bleddy Ell, between me and Nick we had some great results there, although I did think Swansea were risky to beat Villa.

So if Madjo is feckin useless, Griffiths is constantly injured, Feeney couldn't score in a brothel and Chadwick is as dry as a witches tit, oh and Lecointe is now a midfielder, who the feck is going to score goals other than Robbie?

Not as good as you GJ but let's say that the grubbiness I feel backing against Argyle has been slightly cleansed by the lovely Thatchers from Waitrose (I must say even Waitrose's own 3 litre option isn't shabby) I'm consuming. I love Argyle but my love also gives me a perspective that the bookies don't. I would love to have lost today but the stats said different. drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:42 pm

As usual the Fletcher tactics of attack,attack,attack in the first 20-25 minutes brought us a goal, then predictably we took our foot of the gas, lost possession time after time and gifted Port Vale the rest of the game, same old same old.
I groaned when i seen the line up of 4-5-1 with Feeney up front on his own, all these attacking options yet he keeps persisting with the same tactics,the Vale penalty looked legit, Vale player duped the ref for a free kick for the second and on the third goal i walked out in disgust at our ineptness.
I could go on all day ,no doubt i will get slaughtered by the usual suspects as spreading "anti argyle bullshit" but the writing is on the wall, i truly believe we will avoid relegation, but the fans need to makre their minds up, nothing will ever change under Fletcher the clueless, relegation fodder or chasing play offs ?
If it is the latter our support needs to stop being so bleddy compliant and start making their feelings known to JB and his odious sidekicks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Peter's comments at the Trust meeting today confirmed to me that he's gone completely native. When asked how the club was going to market itself to get back the thousands that no longer go, his reply was the merest waffle along the lines of 'improving the matchday experience', which he then went on to say was being done by supplying draught Tribute in the Devonport, a family area that's the best in the football league, etc, etc.

At no point did either he or JB say 'If we've got a successful team, the punters will return'. It's as if the 20,000 that rocked up for the QPR game in the L1 championship season all turned up because they knew they'd get a decent pint and the facepainting was really imaginitive, rather than being there because we were a good team winning things!

Are they that thick they don't realize if the team isn't playing well they wont waste their money going to home park again. Customers (i wont say fans as its clear James Brent sees fans as them only) wont go to the same place again if they feel ripped off and not entertained will they?

Whilst match day experience does help improve numbers 99.9% of the match day experience is the actual product itself the football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:52 pm

I still think Fletcher is clueless when it comes to the opposing manager changing their tactics midway through the game.

Doesn't think to try for a second goal and then be able to play on the counter attack, and if the other team make the slightest change we're stumped.

Adams is a really experienced manager and isn't going to panic being 1-0 down, but if we could've got the second it's a whole new ball game. And why sign this Madjo to keep him on the bench until 15 minutes from time?

Same old same old and if we lose on Tuesday we are well and truly back in the shit. Rovers are having a nightmare start to the season which has really surprised me, and if they beat us at home surely James Brent will have to do something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:55 pm

Who wants to have a wager that when the time comes for Fletcher to leave Darren Purse will be given teh job?

you don't need mystic meg to predict thats probably on the cards.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:56 pm

He'll certainly be advised to by the superfans
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Peter's comments at the Trust meeting today confirmed to me that he's gone completely native.

Andy, Peter Jones went native the day he signed up for the new boardroom.
I believe his good reputation at the club was undeserved and he was just riding under the banner of the far greater morality of Michael Foot.

Peter Jones spent years PMing me and anyone else who would listen on Pasoti WHY he resigned from the club, which as everyone knows included the twin towers of not liking the club's money being used to buy private assets and not agreeing with parts of Central Park being sold into private ownership in the first place.
Well, what on earth is he doing back in the fold with an owner who intends building far more private assets than Stapleton ever got around to. What a hypocrite.

He's just another businessman, like Brent, and hasn't a moral communal bone left in his body where the idea of a publicly owned city park is concerned, and justifies EVERYTHING and ANYTHING by a green flag. I believe it is him, more than the cake scoffing puppets, that is 'educating' Brent in the ways of football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Penzance wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Peter's comments at the Trust meeting today confirmed to me that he's gone completely native.

I believe his good reputation at the club was undeserved and he was just riding under the banner of the far greater morality of Michael Foot.

Peter Jones spent years PMing me and anyone else who would listen on Pasoti WHY he resigned from the club, which as everyone knows included the twin towers of not liking the club's money being used to buy private assets and not agreeing with parts of Central Park being sold into private ownership in the first place.
Well, what on earth is he doing back in the fold with an owner who intends building far more private assets than Stapleton ever got around to. What a hypocrite.

He's just another businessman, like Brent, and hasn't a moral communal bone left in his body where the idea of a publicly owned city park is concerned, and justifies EVERYTHING and ANYTHING by a green flag. I believe it is him, more than the cake scoffing puppets, that is 'educating' Brent in the ways of football.

I think you are on to something here. Certainly would explain alot
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:16 pm

Quote :

Interesting. He's not the only one who sold his proverbial soul to herald James Brent and his plans into Home Park. Try speaking out against fat cat pensions for the bosses but tacitly support the selling off a car park into a pension fund for size.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:17 pm

Renegade wrote:
Who wants to have a wager that when the time comes for Fletcher to leave Darren Purse will be given teh job?

you don't need mystic meg to predict thats probably on the cards.

There is an unhealthy relationship developing between JB and the 2 superfans, your prediction could well be correct.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:24 pm

It's been a while since I went to Home Park. So far, nothing I have read or heard has enticed me to go this season. I could put up with Sparksy on the radio, but I turned that off today as Webb is completely and utterly useless.

So that particular avenue of pleasure has been closed.

And we lost.

Not going on Tuesday as I've got snooker. Actually even if I didn't have snooker I wouldn't be going.

Don't really care much anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:30 pm

I wont be going on tuesday either...hope we lose, one more nail in that arseholes coffin
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:41 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It's been a while since I went to Home Park. So far, nothing I have read or heard has enticed me to go this season. I could put up with Sparksy on the radio, but I turned that off today as Webb is completely and utterly useless.

So that particular avenue of pleasure has been closed.

And we lost.

Not going on Tuesday as I've got snooker. Actually even if I didn't have snooker I wouldn't be going.

Don't really care much anymore.

It was indeed a kick in the bollocks today.The first half was actually quite good-Argyle were in control for long periods but Vale started to get into the match towards the break and after 5 minutes of the second half it seemed obvious from my admittedly laymans opinion that changes needed to be made to get more support to Feeney and Bhasera,who,time after time,broke away only for the attacks to peter out.Equally obvious was that,under those circumstances,the midfield and defence were going to come under increasing pressure and that proved to be the case-like a knife through butter for the second and third goals.Looking at Argyle's team,it's just impossible to see where an adequate amount of goals is coming from-not just the strikers but midfield and defenders chipping in as well-Williams can't be relied upon every week.Curiously tentative performance from MacDonald today,Bhasera MOM probably.Back to square one,i'm afraid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Never mind eh lads.
Its the middle of September and the season is a write of already!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Were through to the 2nd round of the piss pot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Penzance wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

I hope you decide to stick around, Penz. Posts like this are just what this site needs - thoughtful, incisive and lucid, and providing a clear analysis of a big issue. And for what it's worth I think the last sentence, in particular, needs to be digested by all who post on here.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:51 pm

I used to like listening to Sparksy for away games. He's not the best commentator, has you thinking we've scored with his rediculous vocal cresendo when a chance came our way, and has an almost endearing habit of getting things factually wrong. But most of us forgive these traits because of the passion of the man for all things green.

But listening to him today with the most jannerest of janners by his side, was proper cringeworthy. I think he (Gordon) namechecked Newell at least two or three times. Geez, if people want to know how the fishing trip went, they can follow Webb Newell Purse etc. on twatter, please don't bore the majority who've tuned in for football commentry.

Any objectivety about the game goes out the window any way, when Webb is the guest commentator. They may as well go the whole hog and get Rick Cowdrey in there for some more one-sided rose-tinted propagadist rubbish to try and paper over the ever-increasing cracks.

This has all the hallmarks of a totally wasted season.

Please wake up, Brent!

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:54 pm

From Sparksy's twitter feed

Quote :
Carl Fletcher: We're a bit shell-shocked wondering how we lost that from a game we were in control of

Quote :
Carl Fletcher: It went downhill after we conceded the first goal
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:03 pm

Not often I find much to agree with on pasoti these days but I'm with Metal green Mickey 100%

Metal Mickey

I hope to feck somebody is listening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:03 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
I wont be going on tuesday either...hope we lose, one more nail in that arseholes coffin

Too much for me Punchy but in the spirit of ATD and all that...
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:18 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

If I thought for one second a defeat would mean carl the clueless was sacked then I'd be cheering on Bristol Rovers all the way. However, losing on Tuesday (which we're sure to do) will not affect clueless's position. The non-investing specky banker and his goons want clueless here for the long haul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Not often I find much to agree with on pasoti these days but I'm with Metal green Mickey 100%

Metal Mickey

I hope to feck somebody is listening.

I have to say that MGM has delivered a superb criticism of the tactics and lack of vision of CF. Well done that man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:

Metal Mickey
I agree Charlie, metal Mickey was always a very good poster on Pasoti ... intelligent, and hence almost totally ignored... nobody will listen ... they haven't yet... survival is still the agenda while everyone can spend their time getting their feet under the table for the long term, including the superfans and some of the older employees like Purse, LarryO and Fletcher... it will be their own little club, just for them. Just as Sturrock detected Todd as being interested in one thing ... the world cup ... these characters detect an owner who will let them do what they want as long as they keep it in budget and the club in the football league.

Sparksy seems to have joined the cabal, couldn't stop bad mouthing the fans, whilst saying how wonderful Argyle were while losing 3 1 at home... each to their own Gordon. As for his co commentator, how tiresome it is listening to a ra ra girl... I won't be doing that again... give me Steve Davey or Errington anyday.
However, it wasn't all bad. After so many years coming home at 5pm in a bad mood having experienced dire entertainment and negativity all around, I spent the aftenoon with a late Summer swim at Wembury, lunch at Riverford, and tea and fresh sweetcorn at my allotment whilst digging in. I'm in a good mood, and intend to remain in one. The poor old shirts looked a sorry sight trooping down through the park.... out of time with little idea of how to change their lot.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:41 pm

Penzance wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Metal Mickey
I agree Charlie, metal Mickey was always a very good poster on Pasoti ... intelligent, and hence almost totally ignored... nobody will listen ... they haven't yet... survival is still the agenda while everyone can spend their time getting their feet under the table for the long term, including the superfans and some of the older employees like Purse, LarryO and Fletcher... it will be their own little club, just for them. Just as Sturrock detected Todd as being interested in one thing ... the world cup ... these characters detect an owner who will let them do what they want as long as they keep it in budget and the club in the football league.

Sparksy seems to have joined the cabal, couldn't stop bad mouthing the fans, whilst saying how wonderful Argyle were while losing 3 1 at home... each to their own Gordon. As for his co commentator, how tiresome it is listening to a ra ra girl... I won't be doing that again... give me Steve Davey or Errington anyday.
However, it wasn't all bad. After so many years coming home at 5pm in a bad mood having experienced dire entertainment and negativity all around, I spent the aftenoon with a late Summer swim at Wembury, lunch at Riverford, and tea and fresh sweetcorn at my allotment whilst digging in. I'm in a good mood, and intend to remain in one. The poor old shirts looked a sorry sight trooping down through the park.... out of time with little idea of how to change their lot.

That would apppear to be about the size of it all. All so predictable though.

Swimming at Wembury in mid September ??????/ affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle vs Port Vale
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next